Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, clarkesville1 said:

Thanks very much.  It will be hard but we are good at communicating frequently.   So I have already booked to go out in July & they are back at Xmas.  Hoping to go out in 2018 for a few months, I will be wishing my life away till the next visits x

Try not to do that because it makes the time drag. I tried (unsuccessfully) to stop thinking about Australia in between visits, but did eventually manage to sort of get used to it. It's been twelve years now and I am accustomed to a two-centre life. Since we retired we've been able to go for a couple of months at a time, staying ten weeks last year, which makes it much easier. We were limited to three weeks or so in the early days and that made it a lot harder.  One thing I have learned over the years is to try not to say goodbye at the airport - it's just awful. We always say goodbye at the house now and jump in a taxi quickly before we can think about it too much.

Edited by Fisher1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi again Amp, The on line application form asks for any specific time we want to be there, in our case, to help when second grandchild due, they also asked if we wanted multiple entries to which we said yes, it also asked if we knew dates of entry for each occasion to which we said No and put it depended on family circumstances and progress of 143, all of this is true, everyones circumstances will be different. You could start the online application and you will learn as you go along, it is quite tedious.

I was previously under the impression that the visa time started on entry and we put July for our arrival and yet it says valid up to March 2020 (we applied in March). I hope this will be more than long enough and we are granted 143. I did say we had applied for 143 with lodgement date on the application. I didn't want to leave the application for the 600 until the last minute in case there was a delay or change of visas.

I hope this helps,good luck with it.

Sue

That brilliant, thank you so much for all this information Sue, it really helps.  I'm not quite at the stage of actually applying for the 600 visa yet and from what you have said it sounds as though I need to leave it until I'm nearly ready to move.  I'm aiming to put my house on the market next month and then move once it is sold.   Having to think very actively however about how it will work with the interim visa, issues re packing and transport companies, considering the tax situation etc etc.  This forum really is such a brilliant and supportive help and it feels very reassuring to be part of his forum community who are all going through or have gone through the same stresses

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bry45 said:

Hi all

Having been to Oz 4 times in the last 5 years, my wife and I also applied for the 143 on 1st June 2016 for much the same reasons as fisher1 above. Our daughter has just given birth to our second grandchild last November and thankfully we were able to be there for the big occasion.  I'm already sick of the time lines constantly being extended, don't get me wrong, I understand the reason behind it, but I can't help getting more and more annoyed.

We discussed and pondered the move for quite some time before making the decision to apply, but we decided that we only truly feel at home when we are in OZ and can't wait to get there. We've already sold our house, so the money is ready and waiting, we just want to get out there and not have to come back. I'm now 50, and on current time scales we will be 53 before we even get a case officer, which means I'm always becoming more unemployable.

Having read this trail, I'm wondering if we too should apply for a 600 visa just to get us out there. However, my concern is that I don't want to do anything that will effect our 143 application and as far as I can see the 600 visa only allows you to stay for no longer than 12 months. I understand Sue's explanation above says her visa is valid until March 2020, but I wonder if this is correct? Does that not just mean the visa is valid for use until March 2020? Unless I'm wrong (which I hope I am Sue) that doesn't mean you can go for 12 months, leave for a week and return for nother twelve months and son on until the visa's expiry date.

I truly hope I'm wrong Sue and if I am, I too may be applying for a 600.

Best regards

Bryan

Hi Bryan, firstly you can't work on the 600 visa.

We applied for the 143 two years ago and are retired ( well almost, my husband works part time but will retire in a couple of months) so we hope it will come through before the expiry of the 600.   We thought when we applied we would be there in under two years but there was a surge in applicants.  Depending on your're skills you might be able to get sponsorship for a work visa but not sure if there is an age limit on that.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic, you need patience in this waiting room.

Good luck, Sue

1 hour ago, bry45 said:

Hi all

Having been to Oz 4 times in the last 5 years, my wife and I also applied for the 143 on 1st June 2016 for much the same reasons as fisher1 above. Our daughter has just given birth to our second grandchild last November and thankfully we were able to be there for the big occasion.  I'm already sick of the time lines constantly being extended, don't get me wrong, I understand the reason behind it, but I can't help getting more and more annoyed.

We discussed and pondered the move for quite some time before making the decision to apply, but we decided that we only truly feel at home when we are in OZ and can't wait to get there. We've already sold our house, so the money is ready and waiting, we just want to get out there and not have to come back. I'm now 50, and on current time scales we will be 53 before we even get a case officer, which means I'm always becoming more unemployable.

Having read this trail, I'm wondering if we too should apply for a 600 visa just to get us out there. However, my concern is that I don't want to do anything that will effect our 143 application and as far as I can see the 600 visa only allows you to stay for no longer than 12 months. I understand Sue's explanation above says her visa is valid until March 2020, but I wonder if this is correct? Does that not just mean the visa is valid for use until March 2020? Unless I'm wrong (which I hope I am Sue) that doesn't mean you can go for 12 months, leave for a week and return for nother twelve months and son on until the visa's expiry date.

Best regards

Bryan

Hi Bryan, just be aware that that you will not be allowed to work on a 600 visa - this may be an important issue for you since you are still in active employment. Your concerns about "becoming more unemployable" will potentially be worse if you end up being out of employment altogether for a couple of years.

3 hours ago, donovandenese said:

Condition 8503 is a mandatory condition on the following visitor visas:

• Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Sponsored Family stream)
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Approved Destination stream)
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourist stream) if sponsorship has been imposed on it

Condition 8503 is a discretionary condition on the following visitor visa:

• Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourist stream) with no sponsorship imposed

Even with the subclass 600 tourist stream visa with no sponsorship there are no guarantees before applying that condition 8503 won't be imposed. However it is far more likely to be imposed for people from high risk countries.

Oh no, such complications with all these different streams!  Sue (nyorksgrannie) please can you advise which specific one you applied for?

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Oh no, such complications with all these different streams!  Sue (nyorksgrannie) please can you advise which specific one you applied for?

Hi Angela, I have been checking our print outs and it is the Visitor (subclass 600) visa

Under Visa conditions it lists 8101 No Work & 8201 Maximum 3 months study.

I suspect the 8503 might be to deter people from going on free three month visitor visas and expecting to keep renewing, I don't know, that's my guess.  We have applied and paid initial fee for 143  2 years ago so I would hope immi would realise we are serious applicants and have a good reason to visit and support our family.

Relax, and enjoy your easter eggs!  

Sue

1 hour ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi Angela, I have been checking our print outs and it is the Visitor (subclass 600) visa

Under Visa conditions it lists 8101 No Work & 8201 Maximum 3 months study.

I suspect the 8503 might be to deter people from going on free three month visitor visas and expecting to keep renewing, I don't know, that's my guess.  We have applied and paid initial fee for 143  2 years ago so I would hope immi would realise we are serious applicants and have a good reason to visit and support our family.

Relax, and enjoy your easter eggs!  

Sue

So I assume that means it's simply the Tourist stream which you have, with no sponsorship.  Many thanks Sue for checking it.  Will try to relax and enjoy my Easter egg (only one I'm afraid!) as you suggested, but as we both know it's not easy when all these issues re us moving to Oz are hurtling round and when we seem to be getting conflicting information.  Hope you also have Easter eggs to enjoy and that you also are now able to relax and enjoy the rest of your Easter Sunday.

• Like 1

Hi Sue

Believe me, we exhausted  all other visa options before making the 143 decision, including sponsorship and the 457. Our problem was turning 50 which basically removed all options other than the 143. I know you can't work on a 600 and would not intend to and I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise the 143, I was just looking at possible or alternative routs of getting there sooner because of the ever increasing waiting time. This is what prompted my query about your 600 visa being valid for three years. 

Sorry for the confusion

Bryan

Hi Bryan, I feel for you as we too waited to apply due to still having a parent here in uk at the time. I didn't know about Poms in Oz at the time I wish I had. The new proposed 5 year visa may suit you but everyone is waiting for final details, due in July I think.

Good luck, it is awful being away from family, especially grandchildren who change so quickly.

Sue

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bry45 said:

At this rate, I'm wondering whether we should have gone for the 173 and saved the $100,000

The wait is certainly frustrating when there seems to be little movement, I am wondering if they have almost reached the years allocation or whether they have just had a huge increase in applicants. We are all just guessing ....

4 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Hi Tabitha10,

I posted a link to a page on the immy site giving expected time frames for the various visas.

Should help

message me if you cant find it.

Hi Gafuk,

Thanks for that, this is the one im looking for, just doesn't seem to have moved since the beginning of March.

'TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 31 August 2016.'

29 minutes ago, Tracy16 said:

Hi Catlady2014,

Did your daughter receive letter by email or post?

Thanks

It came by post, it was dated 8th April but only arrived today, and it was not even uploaded to my daughter's myGov account which she has been checking daily!  If it had been, we could have had this bit all over and done with a week ago.  

2 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

It came by post, it was dated 8th April but only arrived today, and it was not even uploaded to my daughter's myGov account which she has been checking daily!  If it had been, we could have had this bit all over and done with a week ago.  

Yes a bit annoying. Still, light at the end of the tunnel for you!! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

Meanwhile, is everybody keeping an eye on the exchange rate?  Silly question!  :D

And the £ is surging on the announcement of a UK election! 

Good news for you then ?They reckon if she wins it will be very welcomed by the financial market , which is good news hopefully! A while off for me yet though so who knows can only hope!

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2017 at 10:26 PM, bry45 said:

Hi all

Best regards

Bryan

Hello there. Just to let you know our experience. We applied in June 2014 and like you decided to sell up to have the money available. In January 2015 we applied for a 600 visa which we received within two weeks. Our migration agent was surprised that it had a 8503 on it which we were not expecting. This meant that we had to leave after 12 months to apply for another visa , presumably we could have applied for another 600 but we chose to return on a tourist visa as we were expecting our 143 at anytime. We had to make two exits after 3 months and a further exit to have the visa granted as the time frame stretched hugely during May & June. They also ran out of visa places so there was a period where no further visas were being processed that year. We had applied for a sponsored 600 visa and we had plenty of money in the bank so no problems financially we were also from the UK. I think Sue was lucky or maybe they have changed the rules but do be aware as our 8053 was totally unexpected. The 8053 also has a no return clause on it so if you leave within the 12 months you have to apply for another visa you cannot come and go on that visa. Good luck with it all. It was worth the tortuous wait to be with our family so hang on in there.

I am just about at my wits end on the continual extension of the 143. OK, the wait time has now stretched to 34 months but in my mind that should apply to new applicants? If the application pile keeps growing and no further resources are in place to deal with them then clearly the same pace of process takes place. This should mean that applicants in 2014 should get their 143's within a lesser time frame.

I have read various items of conflict in relation to the number of visas available. In one part the suggestion is that 7,000 odd visas are available for this stream. That suggests that the delay may simply be down to that number being reached? On another page, IMMI suggests that supply meets demand, so what is the issue? It is not beyond simple judgement to indicate to each applicant the current timeframe. For us it was 18 months and nothing convinces me so far as to why that should have changed. At £60k a couple I am disappointed at the level of service. It is a jaw dropping amount of money but an amount I am willing to pay but if this is meant to provide a fast track then forget it. I see many people, including myself, being put to all sorts of other financial burden whilst waiting for the elastic band to be ever stretched. So many people have planned their futures, making commitments and then being put on hold; it truly isn't fair to treat people like this. If you have an immigration policy then manage it - if needs be, stop the issue of the visa but stop dangling the carrot and moving the goal posts!

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

• Like 3