Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi Geoff and Gill, we have applied for and received in less than a week e600 visas but I think it is very unlikely you will receive requests for medicals by the end of this year, the way things are looking it is likely to be minimum of three years from application. It will be two years in a couple of weeks from our lodgement date and we would love to get our medicals done for peace of mind but I suspect we are a long way off that unless immi change their processing. 

Good luck and lets hope we all stay healthy! 

Hi, we recently emailed Immi, giving our dates and asking about different options, and also when we should be hearing from CO. He told us that he thinks it should be in approx 9 maths, possibly extending to 10 , as there was another influx in June 15, Luckily we lodged early June. He suggested that we don't change to 864 as said this would be impractical, but confirmed that FA/600 would be OK for us to use and would not affect CA/143 visa. All we would have to do would be to inform Immi of our new address and contact info.

Regards Geoff & Gill

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, we recently emailed Immi, giving our dates and asking about different options, and also when we should be hearing from CO. He told us that he thinks it should be in approx 9 maths, possibly extending to 10 , as there was another influx in June 15, Luckily we lodged early June. He suggested that we don't change to 864 as said this would be impractical, but confirmed that FA/600 would be OK for us to use and would not affect CA/143 visa. All we would have to do would be to inform Immi of our new address and contact info.

Regards Geoff & Gill

Wow that has put a smile on my face did he mean 9-10 months from now or from June?  That is better than I thought, I hope he is right. Many thanks, Sue

3 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Wow that has put a smile on my face did he mean 9-10 months from now or from June?  That is better than I thought, I hope he is right. Many thanks, Sue

Hi again, he wrote as if from now, saying that it would probably be at least nine months before our application is processed. So considering that they seem to be requesting medicals etc about 6-8 earlier than CO being assigned, hoping that Nov/Dec may see request coming through! Just got to keep hoping ?

Geoff & Gill

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Regards Geoff & Gill

Hi Geoff and Gill.

Aside from it not being wise to discuss with the Department lodging an onshore application when you are offshore, why would changing to an 864 visa application be "impractical"?  

Best regards.

On 27/03/2017 at 11:40 AM, Geoffandgill said:

Regards Geoff & Gill

On 27/03/2017 at 4:27 PM, Geoffandgill said:

Hi again, he wrote as if from now, saying that it would probably be at least nine months before our application is processed. So considering that they seem to be requesting medicals etc about 6-8 earlier than CO being assigned, hoping that Nov/Dec may see request coming through! Just got to keep hoping ?

Geoff & Gill

Wow. That's probably the best news in a while. I wasn't aware they would respond to individual queries like that.

We are seriously thinking about going over in June on the 600 visa and waiting it out although we would have preferred a double-summer rather than a double-winter:D  Looking at the timescale you've been given we may not have to wait too long, fingers crossed!

Hi everyone.  I'm having withdrawal symptoms since no one has posted for 3 days!    Anyway, seems as though quite a few of us are now so fed up with the long 143 delays that we have been giving more consideration to the interim 600 visitor visa route.   I also have decided to go with this so am putting my house on the market then going when it is sold.  I've actually quite a lot planned for the summer here so have to carefully consider the timing!  Hopefully I won't develop any major health issues in the intervening period before my 143 application is finally processed.  It's a risk, bit then life is full of risks and I reckon now that it is one worth taking.  If the worst should happen then ,hey ho, I'll just have to come back and rebuy here, but at least in the interim I will have had 2 years with my grandchildren while they are still at the enchanting ages!    

I've been looking at medical insurance options for when I am there. There seems a fair choice.  Any advice from  those who are already in Oz on the same basis and re which it is best to go with? Presumably the type of insurance has to change once the basis of being there is no longer a tourist visa?

2 hours ago, Tin said:

Hi, to everyone who is following the date, PVC has just requested 2nd VAC for my parents 143 application, they lodged on 17/9/2014

Are u serious Tin? We lodged on Sep 4th,2014 and we havent been appointed a CO yet? Woow what a new! even the auto mail till on Sep 2nd,2014

12 hours ago, Tracy56 said:

Hi Tin

How long did it take to process AOS?

Hi Tracy56

It took 2.5 months. I lodged AOS on 9/1/2017, 2 phone calls to Centrelink to know they've been instructed not to do interviews until 9 weeks after AOS application received. Got the phone call right on the nine weeks mark and got it sorted, received the acceptance letter in myGov account on 22/3/2017 (thanks to clerk85 for the myGov tips).

Some notes to person who don't deal with Centrelink at all before: make sure you know your customer reference number when you lodge your application and your address on record is right, I've been told off because I don't know my number, which I don't even know I had one, as I only got a natural disaster payment once back in 2012...with my address & phone on record still listed as 2012 info.

12 hours ago, bryant said:

Are u serious Tin? We lodged on Sep 4th,2014 and we havent been appointed a CO yet? Woow what a new! even the auto mail till on Sep 2nd,2014

Hi Bryant, I am surprised too!

As you said, it's only till 2/9/2014, I am confused and have read the email twice! No particular CO is appointed, the email is from PVC team 1 titled with "request for payment", a letter attached with all the necessary information, telling my parents how to pay, need to response in 28 days and when is the initial entry date if the visas have been granted. So, I take it they are all still in the line and maybe an appointed CO will contact you on the final decision.

Hi everyone

We would be interested to hear other members' experiences re the AoS please .....

We lodged our application for a 143 on 21/08/14

At the beginning of December 2016 we were asked by Immi Dept to proceed with Police Checks & Medicals. We completed these during December.

Around 05/12/16 our sponsor was asked to deal with the AoS application, which he dealt with within a couple of days. He had a phone interview and supplied some more proof of earnings.

We then waited for Centrelink to request the Bond be put in place through Commonwealth Bank. This request letter did not arrive until around 06/03/17. Our sponsor dealt with this straightaway and had the Bond lodged by 08/03/17. He visited Centrelink to hand in the Bond paperwork (from Commonwealth Bank) on the same day.

We are now into April and our sponsor still hasnt received the confirmation letter from Centrelink to say that they are satisfied that everything is in place (he is registered with MyGov). So we assume that Immi Dept have also not yet received the letter.

We are still sitting here waiting to hear something from someone. Centrelink have now had almost 5 months to process the AoS application. If the quoted 8 or 9 weeks processing time is accurate, what date does this run from ? (the original application date ? or the date that the bond is in place ?)

We have visited our local Centrelink office twice, but they seem to know little more than we do and don't seem to have access to the AoS Dept. However, from querying their computer system, they do believe that we have supplied everything needed to complete the AoS.

Any comments would be much appreciated

Yours very frustrated
Thanks
C & A

1 hour ago, Tin said:

Hi Tracy56

It took 2.5 months. I lodged AOS on 9/1/2017, 2 phone calls to Centrelink to know they've been instructed not to do interviews until 9 weeks after AOS application received. Got the phone call right on the nine weeks mark and got it sorted, received the acceptance letter in myGov account on 22/3/2017 (thanks to clerk85 for the myGov tips).

Some notes to person who don't deal with Centrelink at all before: make sure you know your customer reference number when you lodge your application and your address on record is right, I've been told off because I don't know my number, which I don't even know I had one, as I only got a natural disaster payment once back in 2012...with my address & phone on record still listed as 2012 info.

Thanks Tin

So I have to wait a few weeks before receiving phone interview. I lodged AOS application 6 weeks ago.

On 31/03/2017 at 9:06 AM, AMP said:

Hi everyone.  I'm having withdrawal symptoms since no one has posted for 3 days!    Anyway, seems as though quite a few of us are now so fed up with the long 143 delays that we have been giving more consideration to the interim 600 visitor visa route.   I also have decided to go with this so am putting my house on the market then going when it is sold.  I've actually quite a lot planned for the summer here so have to carefully consider the timing!  Hopefully I won't develop any major health issues in the intervening period before my 143 application is finally processed.  It's a risk, bit then life is full of risks and I reckon now that it is one worth taking.  If the worst should happen then ,hey ho, I'll just have to come back and rebuy here, but at least in the interim I will have had 2 years with my grandchildren while they are still at the enchanting ages!    

I've been looking at medical insurance options for when I am there. There seems a fair choice.  Any advice from  those who are already in Oz on the same basis and re which it is best to go with? Presumably the type of insurance has to change once the basis of being there is no longer a tourist visa?

Hi AMP, we are still in uk but have e600 to go out this summer. We have annual travel insurance but this will expire in the autumn and we read that on entering Australia you may have to show you have adequate cover. We were advised by an agent that they may require full cover with a company like Bupa or Medibank - comparethemarket.au, which we are looking into. Good luck.

Sue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yamahamoto said:

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone applied for a 143 when the applicants are in Australia on a visitor visa? If so do they get interim medicare like people on bridging visa of a partner visa ?

Thank you very much for all responses.

There's usually no BV entitlement when applying for a subclass 143 visa in Australia, unless the visa applicant is already the holder of a subclass 173 visa.

How old is the intending visa applicant please?

Best regards.

On 01/04/2017 at 1:21 PM, Tracy56 said:

Thanks Tin

So I have to wait a few weeks before receiving phone interview. I lodged AOS application 6 weeks ago.

Hi Tracy,

You may get phone interview anytime. Receive phone call from any private number during office hours MONDAY-FRIDAY.  AOS processing time is can vary from 4 to 10 weeks at this moment as per my experience and tracking this forum. It depends on lot of factors and luck is the #1 factor. I have received AOS last week and it is within 4 weeks of submission. I got phone interview call after 2.5 weeks.

Probably, I am not gonna get contacted by Case Officer or PVC soon as I am an October 2014 applicant and one the applicant's medical will take a few weeks more to be done.

Hi Catlady2014,

Is there any update in your AOS processing or anything. I always follow you as I am around a week behind you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

There's usually no BV entitlement when applying for a subclass 143 visa in Australia, unless the visa applicant is already the holder of a subclass 173 visa.

How old is the intending visa applicant please?

Best regards.

Thank you for your reply. This is for my brother in law who is turning 22. I was thinking he could come over on a tourist visa. If there is no 8503 on the visa then we will apply for 143 and he can stay here and maybe try to study whilst waiting for the application to be processed. Parents will be overseas waiting for the visa as they are still working and happy to wait. Is this possible? Thanks

2 hours ago, clerk85 said:

Hi Tracy,

You may get phone interview anytime. Receive phone call from any private number during office hours MONDAY-FRIDAY.  AOS processing time is can vary from 4 to 10 weeks at this moment as per my experience and tracking this forum. It depends on lot of factors and luck is the #1 factor. I have received AOS last week and it is within 4 weeks of submission. I got phone interview call after 2.5 weeks.

Probably, I am not gonna get contacted by Case Officer or PVC soon as I am an October 2014 applicant and one the applicant's medical will take a few weeks more to be done.

Hi Catlady2014,

Is there any update in your AOS processing or anything. I always follow you as I am around a week behind you.

Hi Clerk85, no more news on the AoS yet, no phone interview, nothing.  I think it's about 5 weeks since the application was submitted.  

On Fri May 28 2010 at 7:56 PM, maisies said:

We applied on shore for our CPV in February 2010. Had medicals and police checks done the same month. Thought it would take 12-18 months but before we returned to the UK in April, were informed that the visa would be granted in June as soon as we returned to Oz and paid our final payment.

Did not  think it could be that quick.3

1 hour ago, kimboslice said:

update from immi  september 22nd 2014  for the 143 visa

Oh my word, that is excellent news. Let's hope that keeps up:D

So, so close to you now @Catlady2014 and @clerk85 

We have definitely decided to go on a tourist visa in June and take a bit of a break before our visas are processed.

I'm getting a teeny bit excited today:P

• Like 6