Guest guest36187

We have heard from our emigration agent that the date is still 19 August 2014, but that Immi have not given any reason for this non movement. However our agent did say that they are asking for AoS, medicals and police checks for people who lodged 8 weeks after this date, so that all will be in place for when a CO is allocated. So we're still no further on or any the wiser. ☹️

Geoff & Gill

We have heard from our emigration agent that the date is still 19 August 2014, but that Immi have not given any reason for this non movement. However our agent did say that they are asking for AoS, medicals and police checks for people who lodged 8 weeks after this date, so that all will be in place for when a CO is allocated. So we're still no further on or any the wiser. ☹️

Geoff & Gill

Same here. And of course, AoS currently takes about 8 weeks to process, sometimes much longer. Geordiejoe I believe took an epic 16 weeks or so and Julie about 9 weeks. They'll correct me if I got that wrong!

Edited by Catlady2014

Same here. And of course, AoS currently takes about 8 weeks to process, sometimes much longer. Geordiejoe I believe took an epic 16 weeks or so and Julie about 9 weeks. They'll correct me if I got that wrong!

once they take your bond money is that a definite visa offer imminent? Thanks

Geoff & Gill

I hope I am wrong but my guess is that they are nearing their years allocation, if I remember rightly they did a similar thing in April/May last year.

once they take your bond money is that a definite visa offer imminent? Thanks

We were kept waiting a further two weeks or so after the bond money had been taken ... As we were more or less en route for an Aussie holiday at the time, we contacted immi for advice and they more or less acknowledged that a visa issue was imminent.

We were kept waiting a further two weeks or so after the bond money had been taken ... As we were more or less en route for an Aussie holiday at the time, we contacted immi for advice and they more or less acknowledged that a visa issue was imminent.

Thank you. Just trying to pinpoint when is the best time to put the house on the market, they go pretty quickly where I am, so allowing 3mths for that process hopefully!

I just had a trawl back over some posts around May last year. Posts #10960 & #10980 make interesting reading..........

Post #10960

So, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the reply I received today after asking for the AOS letter today :sad:

Thank you for your email.

"I have been advised that the AOS letter was issued prior to cases being allocated to assessment just recently only for a handful of cases, where rather special circumstances existed. One of such circumstance involved a sponsor who was proposing to act as an assurer who was in her last weeks of pregnancy and asked for the opportunity to apply for the AOS prior to her due date.

In June 2014 we received a 4 months’ worth of applications, which was a consequence of the abolition of the Non-Contributory visas on 2 June 2014. In numbers, we are talking about more than 2,000 applications with around 3,000 applicants, just for one month. To put this in perspective, 3,000 visas make up over 40% of our annual allocation of places for the current year and the year 2016/17.

We are not prepared to start issuing AOS request letters in advance of application assessment to everybody, as we don’t have sufficient resources given the potential magnitude of the undertaking."

So, the wait continues......

Post #10980

Hi, I emailed our agent asking if they had access to any list of how many applicants there were each year and about the current situation - they don't, this is reply.

"You are correct the DIBP have just issued a notification that places for Parent Visas are filled for the year ended June 2016 and that allocation for final processing

for contributory Parent Visas are currently for Offshore subclass 173 or 143 - 16 May 2014 applications received"

Hi, I'm new here..

Hoping to get some info for my dad...

I'm looking at applying for a visa for my dad and in short have decided to go the 2 step path mainly due to the AoS (I will be able to arrange this in the next 2-4 years so that he can then apply to the 143 or 864 visa)

My dad is 66 yrs old so eligible for the 884...

And he currently has a multiple entry 3 years tourist visa that is still valid for approx another 2.5 years...

Now my first question is, does he HAS TO apply for the 884 ?

Or can he actually apply for the 173 ?

Considering he has a valid tourist visa that will probably still be valid by the time his 173/884 is approved then having a bridging visa wont really make any difference..

My understanding is that bridging visa will only come to effect after his current visa expired, right ?

173 has a lower cost, so is there anything else I'm missing here ?

Thanksss

He would need to apply for the 884 Onshore, but for the 173 he would need to be Offshore. The latest info from IMMI (received on 3rd March 2017) is below. It would seem that the 884 applications are being processed quicker than the 173 at the moment, but that could of course change:

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014.ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864 and 884)

When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 864 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 27 May 2016.

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)

We are currently experiencing delays in processing onshore applications, this is due to unprecedented applications lodged in May/June/July 2014. We will recommence processing s/c884 and s/c864 as soon as possible. An update will be posted 1 February 2017.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 22 June 2016.

Good luck with whichever route you take. Zee

Reading recent posts the speculation seems to be that IMMI have reached, or almost reached, their allocation of CPV.s for this year and are only contacting the Oct 2014'ers in order to get their documentation in place for when the new allocation starts - which will not be until July 2016. Seems to make sense - but offers little comfort to those of us still way down in the queue. Meanwhile I am currently in Brisbane meeting my new granddaughter and I cannot believe how much house prices have increased here - about 20% - 30% over the last 2 years despite the fact that there seems to be a building frenzy everywhere you look. Add to that the decrease in the pound/dollar rate and we are moving further and further north to find something affordable. And then there is article 50 about to be enacted.............. Can you tell I am in a gloomy mood :sad:

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/global-visa-and-citizenship-processing-times.aspx

Maybe as they r repairing for the newest processing time tool and it can be used on March 17th,2017 and as they said:"the processing time will be updated MONTHLY to reflect the current caseloads and processing pressures...". So its kinda make sense for us that why they havent updated since Jan 23rd. They even said:"they will not publish some subclasses as they r closed to new entrants or capped and queued". if i dont make any mistakes, subclass 143 is not capped and queued right? correct my foolish if i have any mistakes.

• Like 1

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/global-visa-and-citizenship-processing-times.aspx

Maybe as they r repairing for the newest processing time tool and it can be used on March 17th,2017 and as they said:"the processing time will be updated MONTHLY to reflect the current caseloads and processing pressures...". So its kinda make sense for us that why they havent updated since Jan 23rd. They even said:"they will not publish some subclasses as they r closed to new entrants or capped and queued". if i dont make any mistakes, subclass 143 is not capped and queued right? correct my foolish if i have any mistakes.

Thank you Bryant. I agree, you could well be right, I hope so.

Reading recent posts the speculation seems to be that IMMI have reached, or almost reached, their allocation of CPV.s for this year and are only contacting the Oct 2014'ers in order to get their documentation in place for when the new allocation starts - which will not be until July 2016. Seems to make sense - but offers little comfort to those of us still way down in the queue. Meanwhile I am currently in Brisbane meeting my new granddaughter and I cannot believe how much house prices have increased here - about 20% - 30% over the last 2 years despite the fact that there seems to be a building frenzy everywhere you look. Add to that the decrease in the pound/dollar rate and we are moving further and further north to find something affordable. And then there is article 50 about to be enacted.............. Can you tell I am in a gloomy mood :sad:

It's so hard isn't it? Will we be there for our grandson's 2nd birthday in August I wonder? Getting a kiss via an iPad screen doesn't quite cut it:no: and if we have to live in a shoe-box I'm sure it will be worth it!!

I too think this year's allocation is already, or nearly, filled but looking at @bryant's post, we may get a bit more information next week.

Fingers crossed and chins up everyone.

He would need to apply for the 884 Onshore, but for the 173 he would need to be Offshore.

There is nothing to stop your father from actually submitting the 173 while he is in Australia. The important thing is that he would need to go offshore when the visa is granted. He does not necessarily have to apply for one or the other. The only difference is that he can be in Australia on a bridging visa while he waits for his visa grant if he goes for the 884 although I don't think he would be entitled to full Medicare. If he goes for the 173 he would need to make sure his visitor visa allows him to stay in Australia till visa grant.

Edited by Bridgeman

I feel your anguish too. By the time mine is due to compete late 2018 the GBP v AUD could be in a right old sorry state! We can only live in hope!

I tried sending a Test email from one of my alternative email addresses and actually got a reply this time, so the autoresponder is obviously still working, but the bad news is that the processing date is still stuck on 19th August 2014.

"In the 2016-17 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia. Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 24 months.

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014."

Just a few thoughts about Brexit.

There seams to be a strong desire from the UK and Australia to get a quick post Brexit trade deal.

From reading what I can find on the internet, this deal would include an agreement for people, and to quote Tony Abbot “Provided people are coming to work rather than to take advantage of social security or health services, Australians should also be free to live in the UK and vice versa.”

I wonder if this may end up being like the New Zealand / Australia arrangement, where citizens can move, live and work freely between countries.

it would be frustrating to spend years and $$$$ on our visas, only to find a few months later it was all unnecessary.

Anyone got a crystal ball?

I tried sending a Test email from one of my alternative email addresses and actually got a reply this time, so the autoresponder is obviously still working, but the bad news is that the processing date is still stuck on 19th August 2014.

"In the 2016-17 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia. Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 24 months.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014."

I think, when they send reply email, they also keep record and don't reply email if there is not change in the update. If you email from any other alternative email account you will probably get reply that but reply will not be the latest one.

I think, when they send reply email, they also keep record and don't reply email if there is not change in the update. If you email from any other alternative email account you will probably get reply that but reply will not be the latest one.

i used an alternative address just to check if the autoresponder was actually working. Otherwse we'd have no way of knowing whether it was or not, we would just assume no change. If they are bringing in the new updating process, I assume they will stop the autoresponder.

Edited by Catlady2014

There seams to be a strong desire from the UK and Australia to get a quick post Brexit trade deal.

From reading what I can find on the internet, this deal would include an agreement for people, and to quote Tony Abbot “Provided people are coming to work rather than to take advantage of social security or health services, Australians should also be free to live in the UK and vice versa.”

I wonder if this may end up being like the New Zealand / Australia arrangement, where citizens can move, live and work freely between countries.

it would be frustrating to spend years and $$$$ on our visas, only to find a few months later it was all unnecessary.

I can't imagine anything happening that quickly if at all ... But even if it did turn out we'd all wasted our ££££ and our time, think about your state pension... They would be under huge pressure to 'unfreeze' it - so there would be compensatory factors.

Realistically any deal will not include free movement of people...otherwise it's in effect exactly the same as the EU, and would also be expected as subsequent nations signed trade deals with the UK, including eventually the EU itself!

If it does change then it's a shame to have spent the money, but at the same time there's no certainty about it at all, so best to get on with the Visa ;-)