Guest guest36187

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014.

Not sure I understand the progression of cases because I now have a CO and my agent has been asked for extra docs and to get my Police check done. So maybe the "assessing" date doesn't have as much significance as we thought.

Not sure I understand the progression of cases because I now have a CO and my agent has been asked for extra docs and to get my Police check done. So maybe the "assessing" date doesn't have as much significance as we thought.

Well catlady, its not CO, cause ur application has assigned by a CO yet. It was just the PVC team 1.

Well catlady, its not CO, cause ur application has assigned by a CO yet. It was just the PVC team 1.

I think it was a Case Officer, because my agent told me that "the Case Officer" had asked for more documents. When I questioned why they hadn't asked for the info before, she said that was because they hadn't previously assigned a Case Officer but had only just done so. She didn't mention the PVC Team 1.

I think it was a Case Officer, because my agent told me that "the Case Officer" had asked for more documents. When I questioned why they hadn't asked for the info before, she said that was because they hadn't previously assigned a Case Officer but had only just done so. She didn't mention the PVC Team 1.

Ohh, i see, but i still believe that was not CO. Cause my application on sep 4th and just received the email from PVC team1 asked for medical, form 80 and police check.

Having been granted my CPV, I will be going out to Australia for a short holiday in March in order to validate it. I hope to move out permanently early next year. Will I require any other type of visa at that time in order to enable me to enter Australia?

At least something is happening for you, at last. You must be feeling a lot better. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long. Zee

You must be so excited that something is happening at long last. Fingers crossed it all flows smoothly:smile:

Having been granted my CPV, I will be going out to Australia for a short holiday in March in order to validate it. I hope to move out permanently early next year. Will I require any other type of visa at that time in order to enable me to enter Australia?

Your CPV is the means by which you can enter Australia at any time for 5 years from the date it was granted.

Best regards.

Hi Catlady2014

great news that things have started moving for you. Have you been asked to start the AOS process yet?

Baffled that the PVC date for assessing applications still only shows 19 Aug 2014 when your lodgement date is Oct 2014, maybe they have changed their process, but great news that things are moving ahead of that date. Hope things move swiftly for you from here.

Hi Catlady2014

great news that things have started moving for you. Have you been asked to start the AOS process yet?

Baffled that the PVC date for assessing applications still only shows 19 Aug 2014 when your lodgement date is Oct 2014, maybe they have changed their process, but great news that things are moving ahead of that date. Hope things move swiftly for you from here.

I've only been asked to do Police Clearance and provide some more docs that are peculiar to my circumstances. I think they maybe don't ask for the medical until they know the other stuff is right. Likewise with the AoS, that would only be asked for once they are happy with everything else. But it's still progress and I'm happy.

I've only been asked to do Police Clearance and provide some more docs that are peculiar to my circumstances. I think they maybe don't ask for the medical until they know the other stuff is right. Likewise with the AoS, that would only be asked for once they are happy with everything else. But it's still progress and I'm happy.

Great that you are making progress and a mystery with dates, hope it all goes smoothly for you. It will be interesting to hear if anyone else near your date is allocated a case officer.

Sue

Hi Lyn and Bry 45,

I read your posts and completely feel the frustration that you both do. Sorry I took so long to reply. We applied June 2016 and the idea of waiting 36 months plus is unbearable. Our son moved to Perth Oct 2012 as a young 22 year old, he lived at home whilst at uni so to let him go so far by himself was hard. It's nearly 5 years and it doesn't get easier in fact it's getting harder because he is still by himself even though he has made lots of friends, he has no family.

The last immi update was depressing, I had hoped that once the backlog of May and June 2014 had cleared, they would move faster. This doesn't appear to have happened. As well as the cost of the visa, the additional cost of going across during the waiting time makes this a very expensive experience. We own our business which makes it really hard. Sorry for the gloomy post, I think it's weather :((

Great that you are making progress and a mystery with dates, hope it all goes smoothly for you. It will be interesting to hear if anyone else near your date is allocated a case officer.

Sue

well, it appears that Bryan was right - I do not have a CO after all. My agent apologised for referring to a CO, and has admitted it was not a CO who asked for the extra stuff and Police check. But it appears that the processing has changed slightly - extra info or docs can be requested, as can Police checks, ahead of a CO being appointed. This appears to be an effort to speed things up in advance of the CO stage, unless anybody else knows something different. I am happy that progress is being made though - finally! - after nothing happening at all for 29 months.

well, it appears that Bryan was right - I do not have a CO after all. My agent apologised for referring to a CO, and has admitted it was not a CO who asked for the extra stuff and Police check. But it appears that the processing has changed slightly - extra info or docs can be requested, as can Police checks, ahead of a CO being appointed. This appears to be an effort to speed things up in advance of the CO stage, unless anybody else knows something different. I am happy that progress is being made though - finally! - after nothing happening at all for 29 months.

But at least someone has actually looked at your application.

I have visions of mine festering in a huge pile of case files gathering dust!!

But at least someone has actually looked at your application.

I have visions of mine festering in a huge pile of case files gathering dust!!

Yes, it's very disheartening but at least the dates are now moving forward again - after being stuck in May and June for months on end. And you never know, they may speed up to the rate of processing we were seeing during 2015 - MAYBE ...

Yes, it's very disheartening but at least the dates are now moving forward again - after being stuck in May and June for months on end. And you never know, they may speed up to the rate of processing we were seeing during 2015 - MAYBE ...

Fingers well and truly crossed:smile:

HI

Thought I would let you know that some processes move very quickly. Our container left the Uk on 5th December 2016 and arrived Melbourne 21 January. It has now cleared customs and Dept of Agriculture checks (got stung for 71AUD for destruction of 4 Xmas decorations that they didn't like). Got the call yesterday asking to deliver goods on 9th February........oops don't get our house until 1st March! I've got so used to waiting for everything relating to our move to Australia that this has taken us by surprise. Oh well more storage to pay for.

Things are slowly coming together for us, we have a building plot and a design company (another waiting list!). A unit to move into in March, bought a car, two kayaks plus trailer, Medicare cards, Aussie driving lics , just got to sort out HMRC and the ATO....oh that bit might take a while.....

the climate on the Mornington Peninsular is lovely except when we get the odd day of 38C, it's great to be able to walk to the beach, we have seen loads of dolphins, pelicans, sting rays, loads of wonderful birds. I'm still having trouble adjusting to seeing Camelias out in October! We are now immersed in a world of self build, finding out that the Aussies do a lot of things very differently, some better, some not so. There seems to be legislation for just about everything you want to do, a permit for this and a permit for that.......

Just to add to the wildlife, we had a koala in one of the trees on our building plot, how great is that?

Good luck to all of you still waiting, I hope you get some movement on the dates soon.

Julie

HI

Thought I would let you know that some processes move very quickly. Our container left the Uk on 5th December 2016 and arrived Melbourne 21 January. It has now cleared customs and Dept of Agriculture checks (got stung for 71AUD for destruction of 4 Xmas decorations that they didn't like). Got the call yesterday asking to deliver goods on 9th February........oops don't get our house until 1st March! I've got so used to waiting for everything relating to our move to Australia that this has taken us by surprise. Oh well more storage to pay for.

Things are slowly coming together for us, we have a building plot and a design company (another waiting list!). A unit to move into in March, bought a car, two kayaks plus trailer, Medicare cards, Aussie driving lics , just got to sort out HMRC and the ATO....oh that bit might take a while.....

the climate on the Mornington Peninsular is lovely except when we get the odd day of 38C, it's great to be able to walk to the beach, we have seen loads of dolphins, pelicans, sting rays, loads of wonderful birds. I'm still having trouble adjusting to seeing Camelias out in October! We are now immersed in a world of self build, finding out that the Aussies do a lot of things very differently, some better, some not so. There seems to be legislation for just about everything you want to do, a permit for this and a permit for that.......

Just to add to the wildlife, we had a koala in one of the trees on our building plot, how great is that?

Good luck to all of you still waiting, I hope you get some movement on the dates soon.

Julie

Hi Julie, great that you are making such progress, quick question re Xmas decorations, what didn't they like? I have been removing fir cones or anything wood from artificial garlands etc., is there anything else that is not allowed other than obvious berries,

natural products etc ?

We have been trying to clear our loft, bookshelves etc. in readiness for selling our house and putting things in store.

Good luck with the self build we too like the idea if we could find land but goodness knows what the price will be by the time we get there.

Sue

Hi Julie, great that you are making such progress, quick question re Xmas decorations, what didn't they like? I have been removing fir cones or anything wood from artificial garlands etc., is there anything else that is not allowed other than obvious berries,

natural products etc ?

We have been trying to clear our loft, bookshelves etc. in readiness for selling our house and putting things in store.

Good luck with the self build we too like the idea if we could find land but goodness knows what the price will be by the time we get there.

Sue

Hi Sue

i went through all my Xmas decorations and removed everything natural, but it would appear that they supposedly found 4 decs with natural stems! I really don,t know what they were. You are not allowed to be there or see what is going on. The options were gamma treatment at 545 dollars or destruction at 71 dollars, we opted for destruction. I have to say that I was more worried about some of our gardening stuff like chain saws and wheelbarrow etc I thought we might have some trouble there but it appears they were more interested in Xmas decs.

good luck with the sorting, it takes forever. Going to the tip in Australia is expensive, not like at home so make sure you get rid of everything you don"t want before you get here. Op shops are a good place to find bargains and also donate stuff. Hope that helps.

Julie

Hi Sue

i went through all my Xmas decorations and removed everything natural, but it would appear that they supposedly found 4 decs with natural stems! I really don,t know what they were. You are not allowed to be there or see what is going on. The options were gamma treatment at 545 dollars or destruction at 71 dollars, we opted for destruction. I have to say that I was more worried about some of our gardening stuff like chain saws and wheelbarrow etc I thought we might have some trouble there but it appears they were more interested in Xmas decs.

good luck with the sorting, it takes forever. Going to the tip in Australia is expensive, not like at home so make sure you get rid of everything you don"t want before you get here. Op shops are a good place to find bargains and also donate stuff. Hope that helps.

Julie

Thank you Julie looks like I will have to be very selective and make sure everything is easy to inspect, the charity shops are doing very well at the moment! Do they have the kerbside pick up for unwanted goods where you are? I have seen it in NSW where on certain days in the year the local authority pick up unwanted items from the kerbside and before the collection passers by take what they like!

Back to the sorting....

Sue