Guest guest36187

Hi there looking for some advice. My mum has applied in aug 2016 and just sold her property in uk. I need to advise a change of address but cant load her 143 application to her immi account. Has anyone else managed to add their application online once its been acknowledged? Or does everything have to be physically sent to perth parent centre?

Cheers

Leigh anne

Parent visas are processed the "old way" - ie on paper - albeit that the Parents Visa Centre accepts the electronic delivery of paperwork.

=> Submit form 1022 via email to the PVC, quoting the file reference in the subject line.

Best regards.

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173) - We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 18 August 2014.

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864) - We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 8 February 2016.

We are on the move again, it may still be at a shuffle but at least the date is moving forward - well done IMMI!

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173) - We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 18 August 2014.

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864) - We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 8 February 2016.

We are on the move again, it may still be at a shuffle but at least the date is moving forward - well done IMMI!

Hooray, hooray, good news to start the week with

Hi Fisher 1,

I would also like to thank you for your excellent post. My husband and I have also decided to go it alone without an agent. After reading the posts I was beginning to worry that we had made the wrong decision but you are quite right, everyone's reasons are different . We do just as you say, read everything several times and even read it aloud, that often helps when you can't decide what something means! I'm the patient one and my husband is good with details so it's a good combination ( so far:)), fingers crossed).

As you said everyone is different. Good luck to all.

Cheers,

Nita

Hi Nita and all, I also have gone it alone, haven't had any problems up to now will let you know.........,

what are you dates of acknowledgment etc?

Hello, we submitted our 143 on 9th June 15, and owing to the obvious delay with Au Immi we are seriously considering an e600 visa . As you've been through the process yourself, can you give some sort of indication as to the thoroughness and how involved is the Australian medical, as this is one of our main concerns. Do you have any advice regarding medical insurance for the period covered by the e600 and any other info on goods storage and shipping etc.

Thanks Geoff and Gill

Hi Geoff and Gill, you are just before me in the waiting room. I arrived on an e600 in November, this allows 12 months stay after the last date of entry and is valid for 12 months, so it could last you nearly 2 years if you leave AU at the end of the valid date. ( does that make sense) I applied for the Visa far too soon (feb16) as I booked my flights, so the visa expires Feb17, but as I went to Bali then re-entered Jan 17, I can now stay in AU until Jan 18. The Visa is easier to understand, I can scan and PM you if you like.

I just booked ANZ travel insurance to cover me, and applied and received a Medicare card when I got here. (Reciprocal care with U.K.)

i shipped out my goods on my daughters visa (even though the time her visa allowed unaccompanied goods had expired) it would not be allowed on a visitor visa.

Quick update on the Centrelink saga. My daughter finally spoke to someone who actually gave a dam and the upshot was she received the confirmation letter on Monday. The other good news is we finally received the 2nd vac request yesterday afternoon, so it's time to give them some money and book a little holiday to Bali.

Joe

Thank goodness, where are you in Aus?

Hi Geoff and Gill, you are just before me in the waiting room. I arrived on an e600 in November, this allows 12 months stay after the last date of entry and is valid for 12 months, so it could last you nearly 2 years if you leave AU at the end of the valid date. ( does that make sense) I applied for the Visa far too soon (feb16) as I booked my flights, so the visa expires Feb17, but as I went to Bali then re-entered Jan 17, I can now stay in AU until Jan 18. The Visa is easier to understand, I can scan and PM you if you like.

I just booked ANZ travel insurance to cover me, and applied and received a Medicare card when I got here. (Reciprocal care with U.K.)

i shipped out my goods on my daughters visa (even though the time her visa allowed unaccompanied goods had expired) it would not be allowed on a visitor visa.

Hi, thanks for info. We are having a rethink at the moment. Dont want to jump the gun and jeopardise the Visa application as we've waited this long, don't want to take the risk!

Regards Geoff and Gill

Hi all,

Quick question for anyone who knows....

I'm the (only) child of a parent who is waiting for their PCV to come through (lodged in 2015). The AOS states there you have to demonstrate income, which is fine as i'm currently employed full time. The jobs market in Aus is very fragile. What happens if i'm made redundant and can't produce recent payslips when the time comes?? The other scenario is that I find myself in a job that becomes a contracted role - not permanent.

Has anyone found themselves in this situation with your AOS? What did you do? (I'm just playing devils advocate at the moment.. but with all the delays you just never know what the future holds....)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited by airlinegal

Hi all,

I'm the (only) child of a parent who is waiting for their PCV to come through (lodged in 2015). The AOS states there you have to demonstrate income, which is fine as i'm currently employed full time. The jobs market in Aus is very fragile. What happens if i'm made redundant and can't produce recent payslips when the time comes?? The other scenario is that I find myself in a job that becomes a contracted role - not permanent.

Has anyone found themselves in this situation with your AOS? What did you do? (I'm just playing devils advocate at the moment.. but with all the delays you just never know what the future holds....)

If you are not single, then your partner could do it. A third party can do it (if you can convince someone). A company/ABN can do it but AoS costs a lot more if you take the company/ABN route.

Hi all,

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3

This link might help too.

Best regards.

I have been looking at your website for nearly 2 years now and cannot believe the wealth of knowledge and friendliness. I lodged my 143 visa application (contributory parent visa) back in July 2015 (18 months of sheer frustration:arghh: ). Is anyone else currently lodging the same visa application are you in the same boat. Does anyone know why it is taking so long. I have a daughter, 7 year old grandson and son-in-law I can't wait to see.

Any information would be greatly received.:ssign16:

trying to work out time scales.

we applied June 2016 and it's now approximately 30 months processing time, I can't see this getting and shorter only longer so I'm thinking it's going to be about 40 months by the time we are processed.....am I thinking this right?

we applied June 2016 and it's now approximately 30 months processing time, I can't see this getting and shorter only longer so I'm thinking it's going to be about 40 months by the time we are processed.....am I thinking this right?

hi

we lodged in oct 15 and the waiting time was roughly 18 months, its hard to predict the time scale, hopefully they will speed up.

if they go at this pace for the next 12 months, we will be looking well over 3 years :(

hi

we lodged in oct 15 and the waiting time was roughly 18 months, its hard to predict the time scale, hopefully they will speed up.

if they go at this pace for the next 12 months, we will be looking well over 3 years :(

surely there must be a quicker way if you have sufficient funds?

we would need to work over there but missing our grand child growing up is very sad

I have been looking at your website for nearly 2 years now and cannot believe the wealth of knowledge and friendliness. I lodged my 143 visa application (contributory parent visa) back in July 2015 (18 months of sheer frustration:arghh: ). Is anyone else currently lodging the same visa application are you in the same boat. Does anyone know why it is taking so long. I have a daughter, 7 year old grandson and son-in-law I can't wait to see.

Any information would be greatly received.:ssign16:

Hi, it is taking so long due to the huge increase of applications in the summer of 2014 and immi have an allocation per year so if they reach the allocation before the end of June they don't process any more until July (their new year), what none of us know is whether applications dropped off again after summer 2014 and how many are in the queue ahead of us. It is as you say very frustrating we are not getting any younger and missing out on grandchildren growing up both our daughters are are in Australia and we have no immediate family left in the uk. It also seems to be taking longer once a case officer is allocated too, particularly with Centrelink, perhaps they have cut back on staff?

We just have to try and be patient hopefully for not much longer.

Sue

Guest geordie joe
Hey Geordie Joe, would a little updating to your timeline signature be in order? I'm guessing, and hoping, you're finally done and dusted now? :biggrin:

Duly updated, the final piece won't happen until we fly off to Bali in 2 weeks time.

Thank you Sue for the update. I have been assured by my visa agent that Xmas just gone will have been the last in the UK. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you also hope yours comes through quickly.

I do hope your agent is correct Lynn, although I'm not sure how they can be so positive. Things have only progressed one month since 2nd December last year. Hopefully things will pick up soon, but even if we keep pace month by month I'm thinking that our case won't even be looked at until the middle of August and then it will probably be at least another month after that before everything is done and dusted. I see that you are 4 months behind us. But hey - let's be positive, we will be there before Christmas!! Zee.

surely there must be a quicker way if you have sufficient funds?

we would need to work over there but missing our grand child growing up is very sad

i dont think there is an easier way, we have 2 grandchildren also, one has just started school, and the other is 2.

we cant wait to be part of there lives.

we are visiting at xmas for 6 weeks which will be good, cant wait.:smile:

Guest geordie joe
oh, sorry, I just assumed you'd been to Bali and back again, with that long awaited visa under your belt. Have they told you when it will be issued?

We had to inform them of our travel dates, they emailed me today confirming the visa will be granted on the 10/2/17, as we fly out on the 9/2/17. So we are nearly there.

Edited by geordie joe
Fixed quote

Hi guys, just wanted to say that my mum's visa was granted on 19/1. She'd applied on 9/7/14. Just a note re centrelink. They gave me a number in Sydney/Canberra (Area code 02) for the phone interview. I only rang that number whenever I had to deal with Centrelink. Got through everytime in less than 1 minute.

oh, sorry, I just assumed you'd been to Bali and back again, with that long awaited visa under your belt. Have they told you when it will be issued?[/quote

We had to inform them of our travel dates, they emailed me today confirming the visa will be granted on the 10/2/17, as we fly out on the 9/2/17. So we are nearly there.

oh so near, Geordiejoe - exciting days for you and yours. Wish you all the best.