Guest guest36187

Are you over 65? If so, you can apply onshore for an contributory aged parent visa 864. You can then stay on a bridging visa until your permanent visa is granted, although there are restrictions on you leaving Australia during this time. We changed to an 864 visa from a 143 visa to take advantage of the much shorter waiting time.

Dave

hi Dave we are 51.

we would want to work whilst we are there too.

Hi bear2015,

Well im not sure mate cause i deleted all emails from immi but maybe it was on dec 18th or just around in the middle of december.

and we r waiting for their next contact and the centrelink too. i read from this forum yesterday as they r currently on aug 8th. Hopefully centrelink will makes it faster.

Regards.

Hi bear2015,

Well im not sure mate cause i deleted all emails from immi but maybe it was on dec 18th or just around in the middle of december.

and we r waiting for their next contact and the centrelink too. i read from this forum yesterday as they r currently on aug 8th. Hopefully centrelink will makes it faster.

Regards.

Thanks for the details and Good luck with your AOS.

It would be better if there were at least 1 applicant in August and September in this forum.

Hi Everyone

By my reckoning, once Geordiejoe has his visa - and we hope it won't be long now Joe - the only remaining 2014 lodgers that we know about on this site are:

Catlady2014 1 Oct 2014

Clerk85 10 Oct 2014 (143)

Brenda M 5 Dec 2014

If there are any more 2014 lodgers, would you please let us know when you lodged your visa, what visa type you applied for and where you are up to. It would be really helpful to help us track the procession in the waiting room, it still feels awfully crowded in here so it is difficult to believe that there are only a handful of 2014 lodgers to process before IMMI starts on 2015 lodgers. It would be great news if that was the case because it would mean that we will see the processing date start to zip along!!!

Hi Everyone

By my reckoning, once Geordiejoe has his visa - and we hope it won't be long now Joe - the only remaining 2014 lodgers that we know about on this site are:

Catlady2014 1 Oct 2014

Brenda M 5 Dec 2014

If there are any more 2014 lodgers, would you please let us know when you lodged your visa, what visa type you applied for and where you are up to. It would be really helpful to help us track the procession in the waiting room, it still feels awfully crowded in here so it is difficult to believe that there are only a handful of 2014 lodgers to process before IMMI starts on 2015 lodgers. It would be great news if that was the case because it would mean that we will see the processing date start to zip along!!!

Wouldn't that be an amazing start to 2017!!

Hi Everyone

Catlady2014 1 Oct 2014

Brenda M 5 Dec 2014

It would be so very nice to think that we could get a move along, I do so hope we are about to get a bit of a boost. It would really brighten up the January blues days. Here's hoping!

Hi Everyone

Catlady2014 1 Oct 2014

Brenda M 5 Dec 2014

Like. (We have lost the Like button, so I'm resorting to a manual like, haha). Yes, it would be great if there really were so few 2014-ers left, but I think it's just a case of forumites not realising they can add their timeline by way of a signature. So if anybody on here hasn't added their timeline yet or not sure how to do it, give a shout and one of us will be happy to help. It really does help us all to keep track of progress at Immigration. :smile::smile:

Hi all. I think it's time to come into the waiting room and join in the fun.

We submitted our application on the 1st December 2014 and were hoping to be in Oz by now based on the timeline when we applied.

So, here we are. Patiently, or not so patiently, waiting.

Jan

We submitted our application on the 1st December 2014 and were hoping to be in Oz by now based on the timeline when we applied.

Jan

Hello, nice to see another 2014-er. :smile::smile:

Jan

Hi Jan

Welcome to the forum! We're very close on our dates, so we'll be progressing through this together, hopefully.

It's nice to have someone with a similar timeline.

Brenda

Everyone waiting patiently.....

is there a quicker way to get there?

is there a visa that would let us work in Oz whilst waiting for contributory parent visa?

we are 51 years old, would want to work.

applied in June 2016

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi Fisher, did you send the cheque with an express post envelope? Or must we use the standard one?

I think it went in an Australia post envelope. We didn't actually post it you understand, we just handed the invoice and the cheque to the guy in Australia post, who scanned the bar code, printed out an official receipt for us and took the cheque and the print out somewhere. To be honest I was so relieved to find someone who knew what they were doing, I didn't pay a lot of attention once I had the receipt in my hand! I've just asked my husband and he says the guy put it in some sort of official envelope.

Hi everyone,

thanks Catlady and Peternhall for the update on the processing dates., depressing though it was, it's better to know. With this in mind I have a question, should we ( husband and I) want to travel to Australia whilst our visa is being processed,;

1. What is the process.

2. Do we have to inform immigration/ parent visa centre

3. Which visa do we apply for. Previously we have travelled on the basic electronic tourist visa, can we still apply for this visa as we don't plan on staying long.

We have applied for the 143 in June 2016.

Hang in there Fringe123 I'm sure you will find a way in the fog, there are some very helpful people in this forum. I have found that most of the answers are somewhere in the guidelines but you have to find them. As this is quite a difficult situation maybe asking a migration agent for peace of mind, is not a bad idea.

Cheers

Nita

Hello Nita,

Sorry for the late reply. I know Pertenhall has replied already. I have a slightly different response (but still positive :)). A short time after we lodged our application (July 2015) started making plans to visit our daughters in Sydney for a holiday. We contacted the Parent Visa Centre to ask if there was any problem in applying for a tourist visa whilst we waited for our 143 to come through. The answer back from the PVC was that there was no problem in doing this. Since lodging our 143 application both my wife and I have applied for two e-Visitor (subclass 651) visas now and all four have been granted in the normal way - one trip taken last April and another yet to be taken this coming April. We didn't make mention of our 143 application when applying for the e-Visitor visa. Perhaps we should have but the PVC didn't advise us to do so.

I hope this helps :)

David

Hi Jan

Welcome to the forum! We're very close on our dates, so we'll be progressing through this together, hopefully.

It's nice to have someone with a similar timeline.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Yes, we should be going along pretty much hand in hand :smile:

Where are you off to?

Jan

Everyone waiting patiently.....

is there a quicker way to get there?

is there a visa that would let us work in Oz whilst waiting for contributory parent visa?

we are 51 years old, would want to work.

applied in June 2016

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

We are in the same boat as we will need to work too. I don't think there is any way to work whilst waiting, but if you do find a way, please share.....

Jan

Not far behind you. Where are you going to?

Isn't it all frustrating:sad:

I'm headed for Victoria Point, a little way southeast of Brisbane. And the waiting is enough to drive you mad. I feel that my life has been on hold for well over 2 years now, during which time I've watched happily as the exchange rate climbed to dizzying heights during 2015 and the early part of 2016, and then sadly plunged lower and lower since just before the Brexit vote. And I had expected to be in Australia by April 2015. As you say, all very frustrating, but clerk85 has just posted that the processing date has moved on a few days to 11th August, so we all need to stay as positive as we can. We will get there ...eventually.

.....but clerk85 has just posted that the processing date has moved on a few days to 11th August, so we all need to stay as positive as we can. We will get there ...eventually. 

Hi Catlady,

I was overjoyed too, but 9th and 10th was the weekend, so that means they have taken around 2-3 days to process 1 day of 2014. Something better than nothing though!!

Edited by Bear2015