Guest guest36187

If I tell people now that my visa has been granted, it'll be "When are you going?", so I'm not celebrating too loudly, just sharing the news as and when people actually ask. It feels odd really, after all this time checking for emails, it's not the first thing I do each morning.

Hi Sadge

i know what you mean about checking emails. The Pomsinoz site has been my lifeline for the last 2/3 years and I just need to see a few more visas granted before I can definitely leave........happy Xmas.

Julie

Hi Sadge

i know what you mean about checking emails. The Pomsinoz site has been my lifeline for the last 2/3 years and I just need to see a few more visas granted before I can definitely leave........happy Xmas.

Julie

Thanks Julie,

Happy Christmas to you and all other forum members.

Good luck to all who are still waiting, I hope IMMI speed up in the New Year for you - it did feel such a long, long time, but looking back, where did all that time go?

Sadge

Hi all,

This is my first post despite being a member since Jan 2016. Shame on me! I have lurked and enjoyed the information transfer. Congratulations to all the recent visa recipients.

One question for now ...... how do I add our own time line to the bottom of each post?

Merry Christmas to all :)

David

Guest geordie joe
Hi all,

This is my first post despite being a member since Jan 2016. Shame on me! I have lurked and enjoyed the information transfer. Congratulations to all the recent visa recipients.

One question for now ...... how do I add our own time line to the bottom of each post?

Merry Christmas to all :)

David

Hi David

Welcome to the waiting room. To add your time line go in to settings, then on the left hand side edit signature, that is the time line.

Joe

Guest geordie joe
What stage in the Aos are you at now?

The bond has been lodged at commonwealth bank and the confirmation has been given to Centrelink, we are now waiting for Centrelink to send my daughter the confirmation for immigration.

How did you get on with the process? I don't think it's all that clear on when they require the first, second payments and the bond and when we get the bond back etc... I'm looking for as much information as possible if you can remember???? Xx

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How did you get on with the process? I don't think it's all that clear on when they require the first, second payments and the bond and when we get the bond back etc... I'm looking for as much information as possible if you can remember???? Xx

Yeah not not too bad really we did it ourselves.

By the looks of it things have changed a bit we got our HAP IDs at the beginning of the process,

so we could book our Medical's when we wanted, bearing in mind they only last a year.

you just have to be organised and leave yourself plenty of time to gather all the info they require.

They do inform you of when your first and second payments are due.

The bond is when you put in for the 143 visa.

The 173 visa once received you get up to 2 years to then apply for the 143 visa part.

Hope that makes sense so far.

Hi Daryl

Most of the process is just waiting. What you need to be aware of is that when they are ready to process your application (after two years or so) you get an email asking for further information including medicals, police clearance certificates, possibly/probably w completed form '80' and AOS (assurance of support). They asked us for all this within 28 days of the receipt of the email.

It's possible but a bit stressful getting it all organised within the 28 days, so you might want to download form 80 nearer the time and fill it in in readiness. I believe that not everyone is asked for form 80 but it's a pain filling it in (lots of pernickety detail about where you've been etc). I would have done it ahead of time if I'd known. you can't do your Medicals until you get the email from the parents visa centre because it contains the all important HAP number, without which the medical centres won't process you.

Police checks are only valid for a year so better leave them until you are almost at the front of the the queue but I would have done mine before getting the email from the P.V.C? if I had known that it takes ten working days to get the UK ones. I made a mistake which put me back four days and I ended up having to pay extra to get them hurried through.

You can't organise the AOS till you get the email from the parents visa centre, but you can warn your sponsor to be ready to get on to centrelink as soon as the email arrives. Most people seem to find the Centrlink / AOS process a bit of a pain and it's the thing that seems to hold many people up.

The payment of the second visa application charge (often referred to as the second VAC) is requested once the parent visa centre have had all the bits and pieces requested. In our case it came quite quickly - within a week) so you could be planning ahead for your means of payment. We were in Australia at the time and had already opened an Oz bank account and transferred funds from the UK so were able to go to Australia post with a bank cheque and pay there at a cost of a few dollars. Some people transfer funds to their sponsors who can then pay in the same way on your behalf. You can pay by credit card but I believe they charge a hefty surcharge for that, and I believe it's possible to pay by international money transfer but I'm not sure and it probably costs more. We have found our Oz bank account very helpful and would recommend opening one if you haven't already.

good luck!

OMG!! Where did you get all of your help and support on doing all this? It seems like a minefield!! We are hoping to make the move as soon as our initial visa is granted and go from there.......... we want to do it on our own rather than pay an agent....the application forms seems straight forward...I'm just concerned where we find out what to do and get ready once our application has gone off. ??? Is there a help site/ website that let's us know what we need to do??? #outofourdepth!! Xx lol

OMG!! Where did you get all of your help and support on doing all this? It seems like a minefield!! We are hoping to make the move as soon as our initial visa is granted and go from there.......... we want to do it on our own rather than pay an agent....the application forms seems straight forward...I'm just concerned where we find out what to do and get ready once our application has gone off. ??? Is there a help site/ website that let's us know what we need to do??? #outofourdepth!! Xx lol

haha sorry I was trying to help, not make it seem like a minefield. Too much information at once I think.

We found out a bit at a time like most people on here. Just take it one step at a time and you'll be fine. If you've already filled in the application you're on the way. You can now sit back for a couple of years and wait. While you are waiting it might be useful to open an Australian bank account - there's a thread for NAB on here.

Anything that comes up that you don't understand you only need to write a question on here and somebody will answer you within a few hours usually.

If you keep an eye on the posts here and post yourself from time to time, you'll almost certainly find other people at the same stage in the process as you are - great for moral support.

One step at a time. :-)

Hi, I have read that parents of an Aus permanent resident can get a 5 year tourist visa if they have applied for a parental visa, has anyone got this and if so how do you apply as I cannot find any reference to it on the border.gov.au website?

Lol. Ok thank you. I sent a blank email to immigration (as advised on another forum) it came back that currently 173 visa's are less than a year wait!! 

Are are you sure you've read that correctly? According to my test email 173 visas are processed at the same rate as 143's, i.e. They are currently processing applications up to 30th July 2014. It's the conversion from 173 to 143 that is less than a year.

Are are you sure you've read that correctly? According to my test email 173 visas are processed at the same rate as 143's, i.e. They are currently processing applications up to 30th July 2014. It's the conversion from 173 to 143 that is less than a year.

Yes, subclass 173 visa applications are processed with broadly the same timeline as offshore 143s.

Best regards.