Guest guest36187

Thanks Amanda. This is very useful. I have asked for confirmation last week and still no response. I'm not sure what else I can do?

Did you ensure the reference and any other info they have mentioned previously were included in the subject line of the e-mail? I had to be quite specific but I think it was mostly already there from the request e-mail I received so I used that to reply to. Also, the main applicants name must be in the e-mail so when I write the actual body of the e-mail I again include a reference including what is in the subject line and both mine and my husbands name. This is the only thing I can think of that you may want to check.

Good luck! Amanda

Thanks Julie, I think I've managed it now (I'll find out once I post this - me in the middle of Aus!). My son has lodged all his AoS documents at Centrelink and has been told he will be contacted with details of arranging payment next - that they don't have an assessment appointment, only lodgement of the application. Confused alright, but it's done.

Yesterday I e-mailed Form 80 (with about 11 contacts info - family and close friends), and our police checks and have received confirmation today from PVC that they've received them and all is well. Just AoS to finalise. Hope you hear soon!!!

Amanda

i can see you! I'm going to try again now ... Hmm bad choice of photo but it will. Have to do for now - but at least it's visible!

Edited by Fisher1

Haven't been on here for a while, been busy selling our house ( completion tomorrow 9thSeptember) and moving into a small flat for the duration. We are in Melbourne at the moment (Caroline Springs) playing Nanny & Grandpa to our brand new granddaughter. Whilst here we looked into buying a land/house package, and have secured a plot of land at Diggers Rest with an FIRB requirement. FIRB (Foreign Investment Review Board) confirmed OK within 3 days ( shame Immi can't work as quick)! Did cost $5000 but worth it as package is cheaper than buying established property. Picked our house design and are picking colours, accessories etc before we have to return to UK. Hopefully land will be ready for building May 17 and house will be completed 20 weeks from start. So we should be sorted by the time our visas are granted, fingers crossed!

Fantastic news Amanda. From my experience a few months ago, the only delay was caused by the AOS. Form 80 is a pain but you just need to keep at it. If it's any help, I had lots of travel during the last ten years and couldn't remember the dates for an awful lot of it - so I did the best guesstimate I could manage and added 'approximately' and they accepted the form without any problem.

The AOS held us up a week or so, despite our daughter going to Centrelink the very next day - but the delay was caused because she was on maternity leave and couldn't produce pay slips for a couple of months to prove her income. It was sorted out by a letter from her accountant but immi didn't get the AOS go ahead from Centrelink until after the 28 days. Immi were very nice about it and just waited till it had arrived, negotiated with us on a planned trip to New Zealand and issued the visa while we were there.

You are nearly there!!!!!! So pleased for you.

Good morning, hope you don't mind a question about AoS. My son lodged everything at Centrelink by Monday and was told they do not assess but will contact him with information as to how to pay the $14k - that seemed to be it. Did you daughter have an appointment at Centrelink or just lodged the docs and form there? Also, once all that was done, how long before she heard anything - was it Centrelink who contacted her or the bank (Commonwealth if I recall correctly). Any info would be hugely appreciated because we are in the dark waiting here...

Thanks!

Good morning, hope you don't mind a question about AoS. My son lodged everything at Centrelink by Monday and was told they do not assess but will contact him with information as to how to pay the $14k - that seemed to be it. Did you daughter have an appointment at Centrelink or just lodged the docs and form there? Also, once all that was done, how long before she heard anything - was it Centrelink who contacted her or the bank (Commonwealth if I recall correctly). Any info would be hugely appreciated because we are in the dark waiting here...

Thanks!

I know she lodged all the docs at Centrelink initially, and that they contacted her about the $14,000 when it was time to set up the bond - She had an appointment at the bank to do that. It is the commonwealth bank, but can't remember who made the appointment. I have a feeling she was told when to do it, whether the bank or Centrelink contacted her I can't remember. I'll send her a message and ask her.

Re: the time elapsing after the bond was set up - we had a hiccup because our daughter was on maternity leave and couldn't provide the required payslips to prove her income, had to go chasing off to get a letter from her accountant. This delayed the issue of the all important AOS paperwork and took us over the 28 day time limit. Even so, we had our visas about three weeks after the bond was set up. Someone on here who had exactly the same deadline and got their AOS in on time (I think it was Dolphin) had their visa within days of submitting everything. Try checking back on here to messages around March 9th.

Ill get get back to you if I hear anything helpful from my daughter.

Edited by Fisher1

Thanks!

My daughter couldn't remember, so I checked back through our Facebook messages and found out that ....

She had a telephone interview with Centrelink on 20th Feb, was asked to lodge the bond with the bank on 23/ 02. Made the appointment herself with the bank for the 24th Feb and got it all sorted out then. She took the paperwork to Centrelink on 24th feb and they sent it off (?) to the AOS team.

We had a big discussion with immi because we were in the process of going to Australia on holiday, so they delayed the visa while they waited for our AOS doc which showed up around middle of March, and issued the visa when we arrived in New Zealand on April 4th ... Only just over a month with all the problems. I am pretty sure that person on the same time line as we were got there visa on about March 9th or so.

Courage :-)

Hi all

Had a disaster today, we have completed our form 80`s ready to send and now the USB has got corrupted and we can't access anything so looks like we have to start again.

Now we are using Windows 8 or 10 we can't seem to save it and looks like we will have to complete and print a page at a time, also we can't enter any dates via the computer.

Any ideas kind people?

Cheers a very stressed Steve and Ann!

Steve

My daughter couldn't remember, so I checked back through our Facebook messages and found out that ....

She had a telephone interview with Centrelink on 20th Feb, was asked to lodge the bond with the bank on 23/ 02. Made the appointment herself with the bank for the 24th Feb and got it all sorted out then. She took the paperwork to Centrelink on 24th feb and they sent it off (?) to the AOS team.

We had a big discussion with immi because we were in the process of going to Australia on holiday, so they delayed the visa while they waited for our AOS doc which showed up around middle of March, and issued the visa when we arrived in New Zealand on April 4th ... Only just over a month with all the problems. I am pretty sure that person on the same time line as we were got there visa on about March 9th or so.

Courage :-)

Thanks! This is really helpful :-) I hope my son hears from Centrelink soon then - do you recall how long it was between your daughter lodging the AoS forms, and have the interview by phone? Sorry, I may be pushing my luck asking you to remember so much now! Thanks so much for all your info you've provided though, I am certain it will be a great help to many of us as we are all in the same "new" boat.

Amanda

Hi all

Had a disaster today, we have completed our form 80`s ready to send and now the USB has got corrupted and we can't access anything so looks like we have to start again.

Now we are using Windows 8 or 10 we can't seem to save it and looks like we will have to complete and print a page at a time, also we can't enter any dates via the computer.

Any ideas kind people?

Steve

Hi Steve, I can imagine how well that went down with you both, it can be so stressful! I can't really help with your computer problem I'm sorry, but I actually printed the forms and wrote everything by hand (one for each of us!) - it took a long time, hours and hours, and my husband said his hand was hurting in sympathy just watching - cheeky so and so. Then I scanned and e-mailed both our Forms, and our police checks, all as one document to our case officer and they were accepted. It might be something to consider, but you may prefer to complete them online. Good luck whichever way you decide!

Amanda

Hi all

Any ideas kind people?

Steve

Hi Steve

Yeah, we had a computer meltdown in the middle of form 80 and had to reset the laptop to manufacturers settings.

i dont one know if it's any help, but I printed out form 80 to begin with and filled it in by hand, then scanned each page in and then transferred them all to the same file. Sounds a bit long winded I know but I had a backup when the laptop went down ... If you've got to do it all again anyway, maybe it would be worth while trying.

Best rest of luck whatever you try ... I was in tears when our computer went, havent been that stressed in years. Keep going, you'll get there!

Hello Geof and Gill, best of luck for tomorrow's move and hope all goes smoothly for you. We are waiting for a completion date for our move. It's so scary as we have lived and loved our house for 20 years. We to are renting to wait. We have been thinking of buying a land and build package. May I ask when you found the land, did it take long to arrange for building plans and permission. Did you seek a builder or was one allocated to you. I hear that to build you pay as you build each stage. Looks like you got so much done. Were you in Australia for long to arrange all of this. Appreciate any info as we are one step behind you. Many thanks JJ

Hello Geof and Gill, best of luck for tomorrow's move and hope all goes smoothly for you. We are waiting for a completion date for our move. It's so scary as we have lived and loved our house for 20 years. We to are renting to wait. We have been thinking of buying a land and build package. May I ask when you found the land, did it take long to arrange for building plans and permission. Did you seek a builder or was one allocated to you. I hear that to build you pay as you build each stage. Looks like you got so much done. Were you in Australia for long to arrange all of this. Appreciate any info as we are one step behind you. Many thanks JJ

We actually moved out of our house (we had lived there for 38 years!) to our rental in June as we knew we would be in Oz at completion date. We knew there were lots of new developments near our family and the main infrastructure was better on the west side of Melbourne, so went looking. We liked the name of Diggers Rest and the train went straight from there into CBD, so paid a visit to sales office, found a plot we liked, paid $1000 deposit, arrange a conveyancer (one suggested by sales woman) to check contract, then paid full deposit 5%. We got completed contract and the whole process took a week to 10 days. We then had to forward copy of contract to FIRB with fee for approval which we got. That took less than a week! We needed this approval because we did not have residency yet. We then looked on line at different builders within that area and found one to our liking with good reviews, Mimosa Homes. Arranged a meeting with Sales Consultant, picked house plus extras that we wanted, and paid $2000 deposit. We then had another meeting with him to sign off plans and check over everything. This happened over the same period as the land deal. He is arranging a further meeting for us to choose colours,fitments etc before we leave Oz (end of this month) so the house can be completed if we're not here. Yes, you do pay for the house in stages, and was advised to get main stages checked by independent building inspector . The whole process only took two weeks

Owing to the drop in the exchange rate, we decided to go down this path as we figure we have saved in excess of $100,000 by buying a land/house package, plus you only pay stamp duty on the land not the whole thing. Also first time buyer grants are applicable!

Hope this helps!

Geoff and Gill

Hi Geoff and Gill, wow thanks ever so for the info. Nice area Caroline springs and diggers rest is not far to your family for future baby sitting . I will have to check out Mimosa Homes see if they build near Doreen north west of the city. Our daughter and her husband have two children living in Doreen. We can't wait to be with them.

Im impressed with the building process. The quality, style, diagnosed and defiantly the cost. You get your money's worth. Yes there might be a few hiccups along the way. The finished product looks amazing. All the best for tomorrow.

Thanks! This is really helpful :-) I hope my son hears from Centrelink soon then - do you recall how long it was between your daughter lodging the AoS forms, and have the interview by phone? Sorry, I may be pushing my luck asking you to remember so much now! Thanks so much for all your info you've provided though, I am certain it will be a great help to many of us as we are all in the same "new" boat.

Amanda

I think it was about ten days but not too sure.

We actually moved out of our house (we had lived there for 38 years!) to our rental in June as we knew we would be in Oz at completion date. We knew there were lots of new developments near our family and the main infrastructure was better on the west side of Melbourne, so went looking. We liked the name of Diggers Rest and the train went straight from there into CBD, so paid a visit to sales office, found a plot we liked, paid $1000 deposit, arrange a conveyancer (one suggested by sales woman) to check contract, then paid full deposit 5%. We got completed contract and the whole process took a week to 10 days. We then had to forward copy of contract to FIRB with fee for approval which we got. That took less than a week! We needed this approval because we did not have residency yet. We then looked on line at different builders within that area and found one to our liking with good reviews, Mimosa Homes. Arranged a meeting with Sales Consultant, picked house plus extras that we wanted, and paid $2000 deposit. We then had another meeting with him to sign off plans and check over everything. This happened over the same period as the land deal. He is arranging a further meeting for us to choose colours,fitments etc before we leave Oz (end of this month) so the house can be completed if we're not here. Yes, you do pay for the house in stages, and was advised to get main stages checked by independent building inspector . The whole process only took two weeks

Owing to the drop in the exchange rate, we decided to go down this path as we figure we have saved in excess of $100,000 by buying a land/house package, plus you only pay stamp duty on the land not the whole thing. Also first time buyer grants are applicable!

Hope this helps!

Geoff and Gill

Hi Geoff and Gill

Hope you're both keeping well and congratulations on the new arrival.

I think you should check on the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) as I don't think you can get this if you have bought under the FIRB scheme.

For your sakes I hope I'm wrong!

Cheers

Steve