Guest guest36187

So there's a number of us lodged on 23 rd June 2014, who is going to hear from a CO first?

If IMMI keep processing one day a week then we all have about 2/3 weeks before we hear. Just about the time our daughter is going on holiday, so that is going to delay AOS. anyone know if you can lodge an AOS in a different state from where you live?

Julie

So there's a number of us lodged on 23 rd June 2014, who is going to hear from a CO first?

If IMMI keep processing one day a week then we all have about 2/3 weeks before we hear. Just about the time our daughter is going on holiday, so that is going to delay AOS. anyone know if you can lodge an AOS in a different state from where you live?

Julie

Julie, i have no idea if u can do aos from different states but one thing i know from a friend who lodged 2 weeks before us, it took 3 weeks for their AOS to be done. so i guess till we hear from CO, it would take another month latest to finalise

Julie

This shouldn't be a problem, so long as your daughter has all the required documents with her ... http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30 (scroll down to the Evidence headings).

Best regards.

This shouldn't be a problem, so long as your daughter has all the required documents with her ... http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30 (scroll down to the Evidence headings).

Best regards.

Thank you for your advice Alan, much appreciated, I'm keeping Mt fingers crossed that we will hear before she goes on holiday.

Julie

Hi alan any chance u can tell us what steps you did when you got told to do AOS in Australia if you dont mind

When we sold our home, we sent the money out to my son, who held it within their mortgage, so we got $2.14 to the £, plus easy access to cash when we needed it. Once we were asked for AOS, my son took care of it all, he visited centrelink (I think thats who he visited lol) and did it all. As I said, if you can get everything that is likely to be required, completed up front, all these things for us (other than the 26 months it took!) went smoothly and easily.

When we sold our home, we sent the money out to my son, who held it within their mortgage, so we got $2.14 to the £, plus easy access to cash when we needed it. Once we were asked for AOS, my son took care of it all, he visited centrelink (I think thats who he visited lol) and did it all. As I said, if you can get everything that is likely to be required, completed up front, all these things for us (other than the 26 months it took!) went smoothly and easily.

Thanks heaps for the advice mate (y)

Hi Alan, you were lucky to get that rate! :-) My son finally got Centrelink to accept that they do deal with the AOS lodgement - after another hour on the phone with no luck, then the visit to the local branch, paperwork in hand, and even then they took some convincing (what is the problem there with it). He now has to wait to get an appointment, then I'll let our CO know that date. I think (but may be wrong) that your agent had the AOS info for you before you had a CO? I had previously been advised by immi that they would let me have the details end of June then when I asked at that time, they said it was no longer possible due to the volumes they were already dealing with - would've been double processing which is understandable. I do think there was a big difference in the ease of the applications between those filed before and after 1 June 2014. Hopefully they will catch up again at some point to the old targets.

Seems like all is going great for you there, hope you're enjoying your new job too!

Amanda

Hi all, not sure if anyone on here can answer this, so I can send Form 80 tomo - I posed the question in the "Ask an Agent" section and although viewed many times, nobody has replied :-( As there are some with experience of Form 80 on here, I thought I would check what you added/were advised by your agent perhaps:

"Hi I'm stuck on question 47 regarding listing personal contacts. Do we really need info of everyone we know there, friends, friends of friends, children of friends and ACTUALLY have to get details of their date and place of birth? Even my granddaughters maternal grandparents etc?

Any advice would be appreciated because I know more than just my sons and their immediate family.

Thank you! Looking forward to some sound advice while still sane with this form lol."

Hoping that someone can advise me today,

Cheers, Amanda

Hi all, not sure if anyone on here can answer this, so I can send Form 80 tomo - I posed the question in the "Ask an Agent" section and although viewed many times, nobody has replied :-( As there are some with experience of Form 80 on here, I thought I would check what you added/were advised by your agent perhaps:

"Hi I'm stuck on question 47 regarding listing personal contacts. Do we really need info of everyone we know there, friends, friends of friends, children of friends and ACTUALLY have to get details of their date and place of birth? Even my granddaughters maternal grandparents etc?

Any advice would be appreciated because I know more than just my sons and their immediate family.

Thank you! Looking forward to some sound advice while still sane with this form lol."

Cheers, Amanda

Hi Amanda

i took that question of list a personal contact as IMMI's way of checking up on character eg getting a personal reference if required. I certainly haven't listed all my contacts. Now you have me worried......

sorry to hear about your woes with Centrelink but it doesn't surprise me one bit, fingers crossed they just get on with it ...

Julie

Hi Amanda

i took that question of list a personal contact as IMMI's way of checking up on character eg getting a personal reference if required. I certainly haven't listed all my contacts. Now you have me worried......

sorry to hear about your woes with Centrelink but it doesn't surprise me one bit, fingers crossed they just get on with it ...

Julie

Hi Julie, don't worry, I am probably overstressing, but hope a lovely agent might be able to answer :-)

Amanda

Hi Julie, don't worry, I am probably overstressing, but hope a lovely agent might be able to answer :-)

Amanda

hi Julie and Amanda

i thought hard about that question too, because I didn't want people I knew very casually being pestered by immigration ... So in the end I just listed my daughter's partner and in laws, on the grounds that if I didn't know someone's address, I didn't know them well enough to list them! It was accepted without question. I too think it's just another way of sizing up your general character.

hi Julie and Amanda

i thought hard about that question too, because I didn't want people I knew very casually being pestered by immigration ... So in the end I just listed my daughter's partner and in laws, on the grounds that if I didn't know someone's address, I didn't know them well enough to list them! It was accepted without question. I too think it's just another way of sizing up your general character.

Thanks very much! It's a hard one, I have one person who doesn't want to give their date of birth and is worried about others being able to hack onto facebook/e-mail accounts etc and find out everything about them which I understand! Especially with i.d. theft...

Amanda

Can anyone give advice as to how you get a profile picture on? - Alan and Julie, you've both figured it out. I have actually added it and can see it in my profile, but not on here.. Wishing I was savvier! The fact I got it on my own profile page is quite miraculous in itself mind...

Amanda

Can anyone give advice as to how you get a profile picture on? - Alan and Julie, you've both figured it out. I have actually added it and can see it in my profile, but not on here.. Wishing I was savvier! The fact I got it on my own profile page is quite miraculous in itself mind...

Amanda

haha you've galvanised me, I've been meaning to try and do this for ages! You click on settings (at the top of the page on the right) and on the new page click on 'edit photograph' (on the left). Then you get a choice of taking a new photograph (??? Complicated ???) or uploading one you already have stored on your computer. click on save, and there you are ... Except my photo has not appeared with this message, even though it is now showing on my profile ....

Help!

Edited by Fisher1

Yep, touché, I can see mine on my profile but not here. Odd!

Going back to your earlier post "because I didn't want people I knew very casually being pestered by immigration" - did immigration phone them all or any of them? Mine won't mind (I hope) but it'd be good to know.

Cheers

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB

Yep, touché, I can see mine on my profile but not here. Odd!

Going back to your earlier post "because I didn't want people I knew very casually being pestered by immigration" - did immigration phone them all or any of them? Mine won't mind (I hope) but it'd be good to know.

Cheers

Amanda

Well in fact in the end I only listed my daughters partner and in laws so there were only three ... And as far as I know immi made no contact with them. To be fair, we've never lived in Oz so our other contacts were very casual.

Hi Amanda

I can see your photo on your profile page! If you go into Settings and then look down the left hand column you need to edit or add Avatar, that should enable you to show your photo on postings. I found it completely by mistake when I added my photo as I thought I was adding it my profile page, now the world knows how I look. Anyway it's nice to put a face behind the words.

We are going away this week down to Wilsons Prom as we are about to have some very nice weather this week. It will hopefully keep our minds off waiting for a CO.

Julie

Cheers, Amanda

Although I've never applied for a parent visa, I submitted form 80 when I applied for my 186 visa. Since I'd already been working in Australia for 2 years, I could have filled pages with everyone I knew here, but I chose 1 personal and 1 business contact on the assumption this was simply a request to provide some references. I'm not sure to what extent DIBP ever contacts these people, but I figured I'd provide a couple of people who could speak to my character, confirm I was in fact applying for the visa I said I was and it was for the reason I said I was applying, etc.

Hi Amanda

I can see your photo on your profile page! If you go into Settings and then look down the left hand column you need to edit or add Avatar, that should enable you to show your photo on postings. I found it completely by mistake when I added my photo as I thought I was adding it my profile page, now the world knows how I look. Anyway it's nice to put a face behind the words.

We are going away this week down to Wilsons Prom as we are about to have some very nice weather this week. It will hopefully keep our minds off waiting for a CO.

Julie

Thanks Julie, I think I've managed it now (I'll find out once I post this - me in the middle of Aus!). My son has lodged all his AoS documents at Centrelink and has been told he will be contacted with details of arranging payment next - that they don't have an assessment appointment, only lodgement of the application. Confused alright, but it's done.

Yesterday I e-mailed Form 80 (with about 11 contacts info - family and close friends), and our police checks and have received confirmation today from PVC that they've received them and all is well. Just AoS to finalise. Hope you hear soon!!!

Amanda

Hi,

Does any one know how long it would take for the PVC team to respond after the requested documents are submitted? PVC team1 has contacted us regarding my mother 173 contributory visa, they asked for docs to be submitted which we did. Two weeks have gone and no word. There is no confirmation email. I am only worried because they indicated that we must respond within 28 days otherwise they will take a decision.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Does any one know how long it would take for the PVC team to respond after the requested documents are submitted? PVC team1 has contacted us regarding my mother 173 contributory visa, they asked for docs to be submitted which we did. Two weeks have gone and no word. There is no confirmation email. I am only worried because they indicated that we must respond within 28 days otherwise they will take a decision.

Any ideas?

Hi Zeyad,

I am also with PCV Team 1. I submitted my documents yesterday (Form 80 and police checks) and have today received an e-mail confirming receipt. I would it follow up now if I were you to put your mind at rest.

All the best

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your reply. Was the e-mail confirmation an automatically generated one? because I received this first following first correspondence before submitting the documents but nothing following that!

Regards

Zeyad

Hi Zeyad

i received the auto response and then another reply from the case officer conforming receipt and advising the documents are acceptable.

Amanda

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and started monitoring this forum recently, happy to see the progress of all the applicants.

I am planning to be a sponsor of 143 or 173 for my father very soon I have a doubt for considering myself settled. Want to check with you all, based on my condition as am a PR for last 1 year and before that I was a TR for 2 years also am working with the same company since last 3 years in Australia. as mention in the form:- "Periods oflawful temporary residence may be counted towards the ‘settled’ requirement, depending on the circumstances of that temporary residence."

So am not able to figure out what - "depending on the circumstances of that temporary residence" includes.

It will be a great help if any one can help me understand that am eligible to become a sponsor or not

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi Zeyad

i received the auto response and then another reply from the case officer conforming receipt and advising the documents are acceptable.

Amanda

Thanks Amanda. This is very useful. I have asked for confirmation last week and still no response. I'm not sure what else I can do?