Guest guest36187

Hi all, Can anyone help with information please. We are applying for a 173 visa, which at current processing times, should be granted in 18 months. How long do we have, from visa grant date, to needing to arrive in Australia? We are just thinking about when to sell our house in the UK. Any thoughts?

Dont worry you have loads of time. Once the visa is granted you have five years from that date to make the big move. During the first five years you can come and go as you please.

Something you might want to take note of is the situation if you leave the country for a long period when the first five years have elapsed - I'm not too sure about this myself but I think you have to get a returning residents visa before you go if you leave for a longish period of time ... I'm not sure how long is long and need to find out more myself.

Perhaps someone else can explain about the returning resident's visa?

Dont worry you have loads of time. Once the visa is granted you have five years from that date to make the big move. During the first five years you can come and go as you please.

Something you might want to take note of is the situation if you leave the country for a long period when the first five years have elapsed - I'm not too sure about this myself but I think you have to get a returning residents visa before you go if you leave for a longish period of time ... I'm not sure how long is long and need to find out more myself.

Don't forget the required initial entry date.

And that the enquirer is applying for a subclass 173 visa, not (yet) a 143.

Best regards.

After 5 years the travel portion of a PR visa expires. If you wish to leave Australia and return, after that 5 years is up, you either need citizenship or a RRV. Dosesn't matter how long you leave for, you won't get back in without one or the other.

Good (early) morning/afternoon fellow parents waiting oh so patiently. So, I'm happy to report that I've now heard from our case officer! Hurrah!! For those I know who are wanting to hear of other docs (Hi Julie :-) yep Form 80 has been requested. I believe they ask as a matter of course now. We have no convictions, have funds to take (as specified on application), live in just about the lowest risk place anywhere and in good health (they've had our medicals already). But right now I'm just so happy it's moving forward! We have 28 days to get everything back including AoS finalised. Hopefully not long now before all other 'Junes' will be hearing from them too. Skipping my skip o'joy today :-)

Amanda

Good (early) morning/afternoon fellow parents waiting oh so patiently. So, I'm happy to report that I've now heard from our case officer! Hurrah!! For those I know who are wanting to hear of other docs (Hi Julie :-) yep Form 80 has been requested. I believe they ask as a matter of course now. We have no convictions, have funds to take (as specified on application), live in just about the lowest risk place anywhere and in good health (they've had our medicals already). But right now I'm just so happy it's moving forward! We have 28 days to get everything back including AoS finalised. Hopefully not long now before all other 'Junes' will be hearing from them too. Skipping my skip o'joy today :-)

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Oh Yippee Yippee you have made my day!!!!!! We have been feeling so down this week thinking that we would never hear anything. I am sooooooo pleased for you and thank you for letting us know about the docs requested. Let us know how long the AOS takes please. You are now the barometer for seeing how long it takes to grant. I'm skipping too!

Julie

Guest geordie joe

Amanda

Fantastic news Amanda, I guess now it's one big rush to get everything done, but in a nice way.

Amanda

Fantastic news Amanda. From my experience a few months ago, the only delay was caused by the AOS. Form 80 is a pain but you just need to keep at it. If it's any help, I had lots of travel during the last ten years and couldn't remember the dates for an awful lot of it - so I did the best guesstimate I could manage and added 'approximately' and they accepted the form without any problem.

The AOS held us up a week or so, despite our daughter going to Centrelink the very next day - but the delay was caused because she was on maternity leave and couldn't produce pay slips for a couple of months to prove her income. It was sorted out by a letter from her accountant but immi didn't get the AOS go ahead from Centrelink until after the 28 days. Immi were very nice about it and just waited till it had arrived, negotiated with us on a planned trip to New Zealand and issued the visa while we were there.

You are nearly there!!!!!! So pleased for you.

Edited by Fisher1

Hi Amanda

Oh Yippee Yippee you have made my day!!!!!! We have been feeling so down this week thinking that we would never hear anything. I am sooooooo pleased for you and thank you for letting us know about the docs requested. Let us know how long the AOS takes please. You are now the barometer for seeing how long it takes to grant. I'm skipping too!

Julie

Thanks Julie, and everyone else too :-) Now, here's the issue (sigh) - my son has today phoned the number provided for Centerlink/Assurance of Support and has been told (during his 1 hour 20 min phone call from his mobile) that Centerlink does not deal with Assurance of Support assessments!!!???? You can imagine that this is now stressing us out - I have e-mailed immi to ask for any other number/department etc but really not sure what to do about this - we try to get it up and running so fast. I'll update once we know more/get through to someone else perhaps.

You are nearly there.... :-)

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Great news - we're so pleased for you and I'm sure the aos will be sorted soon.

Keep us informed please!

All the best

Steve

Amanda

Fantastic news for you Amanda and all those in the queue, this site has been so quiet with nothing happening, at last we have some movement, not long now for you Julie. We sadly still have a long wait :( but hope the worst of the backlog had been worked through and it improves from now on.

Thanks Julie, and everyone else too :-) Now, here's the issue (sigh) - my son has today phoned the number provided for Centerlink/Assurance of Support and has been told (during his 1 hour 20 min phone call from his mobile) that Centerlink does not deal with Assurance of Support assessments!!!???? You can imagine that this is now stressing us out - I have e-mailed immi to ask for any other number/department etc but really not sure what to do about this - we try to get it up and running so fast. I'll update once we know more/get through to someone else perhaps.

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Having had some experience of Centre Link in Victoria it really depends on who you speak to. first time I visited to arrange temporary Medicare I was told I couldn't do it and not to bother.vTwo weeks later and a largish bill for medical care I visited again and was seen within 5 mins, given a temp card and repaid within 24hrs. It may be that your son spoke to someone ill informed.

You can print off the AOS form from Human Services and just take it into Centrelink with the documents they require, there is also a find your nearest office guide. Let us know how you get on....

Julie

Fantastic news for you Amanda and all those in the queue, this site has been so quiet with nothing happening, at last we have some movement, not long now for you Julie. We sadly still have a long wait :( but hope the worst of the backlog had been worked through and it improves from now on.

Hi

Yes we've all been going slightly bonkers, paranoid and more.....it's so great to know that Amanda has a CO we are all getting hopeful now. come on IMMI please change the date tomorrow to 19th!!!

Julie

Hi

Yes we've all been going slightly bonkers, paranoid and more.....it's so great to know that Amanda has a CO we are all getting hopeful now. come on IMMI please change the date tomorrow to 19th!!!

Julie

Hi Julie. my agent has been asking for medical HAP for ages but still no replies. I assume they will not give us until we have a case officer. Btw, just want to ask you is it fast and easy to make an appointment to do medical in Australia? we just want to finalise those as soon as possible.

Cheers. Tien

Hi Julie. my agent has been asking for medical HAP for ages but still no replies. I assume they will not give us until we have a case officer. Btw, just want to ask you is it fast and easy to make an appointment to do medical in Australia? we just want to finalise those as soon as possible.

Cheers. Tien

Hi Tien

Yes it,s easy, we had ours at Bupa Docklands Melbourne. appointments fixed up very quickly within a few days, took about 1and half hour, very efficient. The delaying process will be the AOS.

Julie

Hi, I hope you are all well!

I was wondering if someone could give some advice . We are submitting my Mum's CPV and we just have a question with regards to documents that need to be provided.

My Mum was married to my Dad - he had 2 children from his previous marriage. He died 11 years ago whilst still married to Mum. My Mum only has 2 children herself - myself and my sister who also lives in Australia.

On the document checklist, it says provide (1) 'Evidence of where all your children reside (eg. passport,citizenship or residence certificate).' and (2) Certified copies of birth certificates of all your children(showing names of both parents) or the family book (showingnames of both parents).

Does my Mum have to provide the documents for just myself and my sister as we are her only children? Or does she need to provide these for us as well as my half-siblings?

Many Thanks,

Purpleal

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 18 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

Amanda

hi Amanda

My daughter found Centrelink a complete pain to deal with. She tried phoning and got nowhere, so on the advice of a friend went in person (new baby in tow) I think they were there a couple of hours, mostly just waiting but she did get the ball rolling eventually. You just have to keep plodding on with it. We were really worried about the AOS

not being sent out within the 28 days but we sent all the other docs off and our daughter had set up the 14000 dollar bond, so we sent all the references for that as well - immi would not issue the visa but were happy to wait an extra week for the AOS to come through. I suspect they know how unreliable Centrlink can be!

Amanda

Fantastic news!! Oh so long coming!! Please keep us informed on your progress.?✈️?

Heres to your new life to come ?

Julie.....not long now!

My advice for what its worth, is get everything lined up. including form 80, in our experience if everything is lined up, the last few bits move very quickly! Oh and by the way, we are 3 months in and loving every minute! Keep the faith it really is worth the wait!

Hi alan any chance u can tell us what steps you did when you got told to do AOS in Australia if you dont mind