Hi Andalog,

Reason is very clear see my time line below

application lodged :29/06/2012

acknowledgment date :13/08/2012

CO appointed :18/12/2013

medical :31/12/2013

PCC sent:14/01/2014

AOS accepted by Centrelink :19/02/2014

Since then heard nothing from the department.

If they have not halted the 143 visa,what other reason is that I have not heard anything from them for so long. May be they have finished quota for remainder of the year who knows????

Best regards

Boss2468

:cool::cool:

Edited by Boss2468

Hi Veronique, what is HAPLTR

Hi We sent an email to IMMI enquiring about HAP Id's,we received an auto reply stating that our email would receive appropriate attention if we selected a code from a list provided. Enquiries regarding HAP Id's. Were given the code HAPLTR (HAP Letter) We then wrote again and received a reply within 10days and were provided with our HAP number. Hope you find this info useful.

Hi Andalog,

AOS accepted by Centrelink :19/02/2012

If they have not halted the 143 visa,what other reason is that I have not heard anything from them for so long. May be they have finished quota for remainder of the year who knows????

Best regards

Boss2468

:cool::cool:

Hi Boss2468

the date you have on your timeline for the AOS must be a typing error - should it not be 19/02/2014

Hi everyone, with reference to issue of HAP id's. We requested our HAP id's on March 9using IMMI's referencing system - we requested our HAP id''s by including HAPLTR and our file reference in the subject matter. (Our a Acknowledgement letter stipulated that we could proceed with our medicals after 14th June ) On 20th March would you believe they supplied us with the HAP.

We are CPV 143 applicants. Cheers and good luck to all those still waiting.

hello Veronique, thank you for the HAP info. I did send you a private message the other day, regarding the potential time scale for getting a CO. the info was supplied to me by someone else via another PM. Perhaps you got such a quick reply because you are still out there!?

It certainly is a very long time to wait especially as we are not getting any younger. To give you some indication of how the queue is reducing, we have gone down by 7000 in three and a half years. For us the five year visa is probably the answer as it should coincide with our visa being almost there.

Pat

Hi Andalog,

AOS accepted by Centrelink :19/02/2014

Best regards

Boss2468

19th February hasn't been so long ago, Boss2468. Try priority group 5, where people wait for years.

Hi everyone, I'm new on here. Both of my daughters live in Australia, one in Melbourne the other in Sydney and I am planning to apply for the contributory parent visa 143. I'm not sure whether to use a migration agent in Australia or get one in England, anyone got any advice?

Hi everyone, I'm new on here. Both of my daughters live in Australia, one in Melbourne the other in Sydney and I am planning to apply for the contributory parent visa 143. I'm not sure whether to use a migration agent in Australia or get one in England, anyone got any advice?

Hi Karen.

You could use one with offices in both countries ... :-)

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I've just been on your website and it looks great! Still not sure which state to apply for yet,I love both Sydney and Melbourne. Once you get out there do you have to stay in one place for a while before you can move?

Hi Karen.

Thanks for your kind words.

With Contributory Parent visas you don't have to nominate a State in which you will live - the visa is a permanent residency visa without restrictions as to where you reside.

Best regards.

Hello everyone. Well, I am absolutely flabbergasted, as today I received our HAP ID's, after only asking for them on Friday 11th!! At least I now know that our applications have not been lost, and just maybe we are no longer at the bottom of the pile. Although our police were requested 10 months from now, I was going to leave them for a while, due to what I believe is a longer time scale for a case officer allocation. Will have to think again, when I have recovered from this unexpected surprise, I certainly thought it would be a couple of weeks before hearing. So heyho, at least things seem to be moving in the right direction. Carolyn

Hello everyone. Well, I am absolutely flabbergasted, as today I received our HAP ID's, after only asking for them on Friday 11th!! At least I now know that our applications have not been lost, and just maybe we are no longer at the bottom of the pile. Although our police were requested 10 months from now, I was going to leave them for a while, due to what I believe is a longer time scale for a case officer allocation. Will have to think again, when I have recovered from this unexpected surprise, I certainly thought it would be a couple of weeks before hearing. So heyho, at least things seem to be moving in the right direction. Carolyn

Hi Carob,

Sometimes you just have to ask !!! As you know i asked when to get medicals etc done and they suggested Oct/Nov, so i called one of the panel docs and they only require max approx 2 weeks notice to book in so i think i will wait until requested by the CO.

Glad you finally got the HAP ID.

Tab

Hi

Sorry to jump on this thread but I was trying to find some answers and I am struggling a little. Ive find bits of info here and there.

My In-Laws are currently looking into applying for an Aged Parent Visa 804. They are both 75+ years old, 2 out of 3 of their children are Australian Citizens who can offer both sponsorship and AOS.

I am just trying to give them the process which I have listed below but I am stuck on a couple of points.

1. Currently on holiday if Australia on a visa without the No further Stay clause
  2. Visit the DIAC and apply for an Aged Parent Visa – Initial Cost $?????
  3. Submit Forms Form 40 Aged Parent Visa, Sponsorship Form & Assurance of Support Forms Cost????
  4. Automatically issued with Bridging Visa A
  5. Apply for a Bridging Visa B immediately. Give sorting out house & finances in UK as the reason – Cost $??????
  6. 1St Medical & Police checks to be carried out ??????
  7. Travel back to the UK to sort out sale of the house and other business
  8. Return to Oz within the given timescale
  9. Buy a house and take out Medical Insurance
  10. 2nd Medical & Police Check carried out when moved to the front of the queue.
  11. Await issue of Visa

Now that seems like it but I have a couple of queries:

1. What are the Visa costs and when are they due. I believe they get paid in 2 instalments

2. How much and when is the AOS payment due

3. When is the first medical & police checks done

4. What happens with their UK Pension

5. How is their Health covered. I know Recipricol Medicare is available but what does this cover and should they get Health Insurance too. What if they get very ill whilst on the Bridging Visa?

Thanks for you help in advance,

Buzzersdownunder - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/170666-aged-parent-804-visa-3.html#sthash.ajRCF0tO.dpuf

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/paying-visa-application-charges-avoiding-surcharges-on-credit-card-payments/

The Department of Immigration has announced that it is introducing a surcharge for payments of Visa Application Charges made by credit card with effect from the 19th of April, 2014.

The rates which will apply are as follows:

> Visa and Mastercard – 1.08%

> American Express and JCB – 1.99%

> Diners Club International – 2.91%

For a couple applying for a 143 or 864 visa this means that the surcharge when paying by credit card amounts to well over A$800.

More details are at this link about how to avoid the surcharge.

Best regards.

Thanks for the advice Alan! I noticed the surcharge myself. It's quite significant isn't it?

It is, Karen - and annoying because there is no means of paying the Department of Immigration's charges electronically without paying the credit card surcharge.

Most operators who charge a fee for accepting credit card payments will at least allow payments to be made electronically directly into their bank account on a no additional fee basis.

Personally ... I think it's just another cash grab from visa applicants, who are an easy target. But one day these applicants will have a vote!

A very Happy Easter to all!

Hi All

Just a quick message to say we have now got our 143 Visa to day flights booked ready to go, just one thing I would highly recommend to any one going to use an agent give Go Matilda a call as we were 110% happy with the service we got from start to finish a big thank you to all of them, just another thing it took us from start to finish 20 months.

:cool::laugh:

:tongue::realmad::arghh:Hi everyone,

Request for 2nd VAC has received,which is A$81760 in total and has to be paid with in 28 days,but I will pay soon long weekend is over,can't wait .

Happy Easter to all.

Happy dance

Thanks

Hi Boss2468

nearly there-congratulations and hope you have a great new life in Oz

I would be interested in the methods of payment you have been given to pay the 2nd VAC

Cheers Veronique

It is, Karen - and annoying because there is no means of paying the Department of Immigration's charges electronically without paying the credit card surcharge.

Most operators who charge a fee for accepting credit card payments will at least allow payments to be made electronically directly into their bank account on a no additional fee basis.

Personally ... I think it's just another cash grab from visa applicants, who are an easy target. But one day these applicants will have a vote!

A very Happy Easter to all!

Paying with a debit card would solve the problem, wouldn't it?