Guest guest36187

173 CPV

Hi, I just need some clarification on this please, once the 173 visa has been granted how long do you have to enter Aus, also once its been granted does the two year application for the 143 cpv start from grant of 173 or when you have entered Aus? im a tad confused hope you can help.

good luck to all

Tab

173 CPV

Hi, I just need some clarification on this please, once the 173 visa has been granted how long do you have to enter Aus, also once its been granted does the two year application for the 143 cpv start from grant of 173 or when you have entered Aus? im a tad confused hope you can help.

good luck to all

Tab

It's just like any other visa, you get one year from date of police checks or medicals, which ever is sooner, to validate. The 2 years starts from date of visa grant.

I am a bit confused myself now, I thought the 173 was valid for 2 years from date of entry into Australia not when it was granted. Could anyone else clarify please ?

Hi Fran, I just dug out the paperwork from our 173 visa and it says: "The visa provides for multiple entries to Australia and is valid for two years from the date of first entry".

Hope this helps to clarify and also hope you're ok. Looking forward to seeing you again asap!

Val xx

Thanks so much for that Val, applying for the 143 soon but just in case its a bit later in the year that takes the pressure off. The three of us are looking forward to you coming back, will have a bit reunion day out.

Can't wait for the next PIO ladies picnic in the park Fran! Keep in touch and good luck with the 143 application. Give us a shout if you need anything xx

Hi Everyone,

Newbie member here although have been reading some of the recent posts over the last couple of weeks as a guest. I have a few questions but will post them separately to keep it simple.

Both our daughters have Oz PR and our 1st grandaughter has just been born there so we are thinking of applying for a parent contributory visa. Aside from staggering the cost what are the benefits of applying for a 173 before lodging the 143. Do they get processed quicker for example?

Hi Fran, I just dug out the paperwork from our 173 visa and it says: "The visa provides for multiple entries to Australia and is valid for two years from the date of first entry".

Hope this helps to clarify and also hope you're ok. Looking forward to seeing you again asap!

Val xx

I was just wondering if the date of start of validity period of 5 years of 143 visa starts from the date of initial entry into Australia just as the two years period of validity of 173 visa starts from the date of initial entry as confirmed by you.Those who have 143 visa can give definitive answer.All replies are welcome.

Regards

I was just wondering if the date of start of validity period of 5 years of 143 visa starts from the date of initial entry into Australia just as the two years period of validity of 173 visa starts from the date of initial entry as confirmed by you.Those who have 143 visa can give definitive answer.All replies are welcome.

Regards

Hi, this is a bit trickier; it says on our grant letter, "THE INITIAL ENTRY TO AUSTRALIA BY ALL PERSONS GRANTED A VISA ON THIS APPLICATION MUST BE MADE BY..........".(in my case it was 03 October 2017) visa was granted on 03.10.12.

It goes on to say that the holder may travel in and out of Australia as a permanent resident for a period of five years from the date it was granted.

It does not mention how long you get to validate the visa but the wording my letter may be because we had already had a 173 and were merely upgrading to 143.

There is a number you can ring in London which is only open 1pm to 4pm Monday to Friday for visa help. Takes a while to get through but they are helpful.

Hope this helps a little. Give us a shout if you need the number.

Regards, Val

​173 CPV

ha finally found it:

Once all legislative requirements are met, you will be granted a temporary visa that is valid for a period of 2 years. This 2 year period commences:

• from the date of visa grant for a Contributory Aged Parent (Class UU–Temporary) visa; and

• from the initial entry date into Australia on a Contributory Parent (Class UT–Temporary) visa.

The initial entry date into Australia is the date that you first arrived in Australia as the holder of a Contributory Parent (Class UT–Temporary) visa (see page 41 for more information on initial entry date).

A temporary contributory parent category visa holder has access to Medicare and full work rights. It is important to note that the temporary contributory parent category visa cannot be extended or renewed.

PAGE 41:

Initial entry date to Australia

If you are outside Australia when you are granted a parent visa, you will be required to make your first entry to Australia by a certain date. You will be told your initial entry date in the letter you receive from the department advising you of the grant of your parent visa. The purpose of this initial entry date is to ensure that persons migrate to Australia within a reasonable period of being granted a visa so that the planning levels for settler services for newly arrived migrants are sufficient. The date is usually tied to the earliest date of the validity periods of any health and character checks you had as part of the process of applying for a parent visa.

Before your parent visa is granted, if you know that the date will not allow you a reasonable period for you to finalise your affairs and make the necessary arrangements to travel to Australia, you must advise the departmental office that is processing your parent visa application of your circumstances and consideration will be given to a later initial entry date. However, you may need to undergo new health or character checks before your visa can be granted.

After your parent visa has been granted, an initial entry date cannot be changed and, unless exceptional and compelling circumstances can be proven, your visa may be cancelled. You would need to re-apply for a parent visa

Guest spursno1

hi kevington saw your message and wondered if you have heard anyting yet ie co or medicals etc?we submitted our application and had acknowledgement on 29th may 2012 ang also havent had any contact also they certainly take their time! spursno1

Hi, this is a bit trickier; it says on our grant letter, "THE INITIAL ENTRY TO AUSTRALIA BY ALL PERSONS GRANTED A VISA ON THIS APPLICATION MUST BE MADE BY..........".(in my case it was 03 October 2017) visa was granted on 03.10.12.

It goes on to say that the holder may travel in and out of Australia as a permanent resident for a period of five years from the date it was granted.

It does not mention how long you get to validate the visa but the wording my letter may be because we had already had a 173 and were merely upgrading to 143.

There is a number you can ring in London which is only open 1pm to 4pm Monday to Friday for visa help. Takes a while to get through but they are helpful.

Hope this helps a little. Give us a shout if you need the number.

Regards, Val

Thanks. I will contact High Commission here at London as suggested.

Regards

hi kevington saw your message and wondered if you have heard anyting yet ie co or medicals etc?we submitted our application and had acknowledgement on 29th may 2012 ang also havent had any contact also they certainly take their time! spursno1

Hi

About a week ago I made an enquiry with "immi" about issue of HAP I'd,s and included in the Auto Reply they stated that they are processing CPV,s lodged 12 August 2012 so I would have thought you should have had a CO assigned by now

Needless to say they have not responded to the HAP Id query

Val xx

Ooh, now I'm confused. Just had a look at the DIAB website which says: (under How Long Your Visa Lasts)

This visa lets you live in Australia for two years from the date it is granted

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/173.aspx

Seems very unclear.

Hi, maybe they have changed things....... my 173 was granted in November 2011 and I quoted exactly what it said on my grant letter. I think the authorities like to mix things up a bit. Procedure has changed loads since we first applied.

Regards, Val

Guest spursno1

Hi Veronique

Thanks for your reply re appointment of a C.O they certainly take their time in this matter although it does seem that each case is different so the policy is just wait

At least we can remain in OZ legally whilst things are sorted and enjoy our family

Regards

Spursno1:cool:

Hi spursno 1 just to let you know we were allocated a case officer on the 20/02/2014 and medicals done on the 6/03/2014, we lodged on the 16/08/2012, and were ackowledged on the 27/09/2012, so it has been just over 18 months. I would have thought you would have heard by now.

Hi, maybe they have changed things....... my 173 was granted in November 2011 and I quoted exactly what it said on my grant letter. I think the authorities like to mix things up a bit. Procedure has changed loads since we first applied.

Regards, Val

Hi Vava,

I do believe that things have changed quite a bit because on receipt of our acknowledgement letter we had all the info about police checks and medicals including the HAP ID.....

Tab

H Tab, yes you're right. I sometimes don't have a clue how to try to answer some of the questions applicants post now. You can only tell them what it was like from your own personal experience, which isn't all that helpful given that the application process has changed. Even the emailing process has changed, you have to put a code to let them know what type of query you have or you risk being ignored!

We all get there in the end though..........just wish someone would buy my house then we can begin the next part of the adventure!

Regards, Val

H Tab, yes you're right. I sometimes don't have a clue how to try to answer some of the questions applicants post now. You can only tell them what it was like from your own personal experience, which isn't all that helpful given that the application process has changed. Even the emailing process has changed, you have to put a code to let them know what type of query you have or you risk being ignored!

We all get there in the end though..........just wish someone would buy my house then we can begin the next part of the adventure!

Regards, Val

Ha ha ha yes I know what you mean things change so often now it's hard to give up to date info cos what's right fit one may not be right for the next person.... Like you say can only go by our own experiences.

So I understand you got the 173 but didn't move over at that point then put in did the 143, I think we will be doing the same thing.

hope you sell up soon good luck

Tab

Regards, Val

Ha ha ha yes I know what you mean things change so often now it's hard to give up to date info cos what's right fit one may not be right for the next person.... Like you say can only go by our own experiences.

So I understand you got the 173 but didn't move over at that point then put in for the 143, I think we will be doing the same thing.

hope you sell up soon good luck

Tab

Guest spursno1

Hi Kelvintom

Thanks for your comments regarding C.O it looks like we might also get ours soon so i will senf off to the u.k. for police clearance together with forms for Oz clearance I understand we only get 28 days to submit these forms as well as getting our medicals completed---not a lot of time!

Great site and lots of help for all

Hi everyone

Lodgment 29/06/2012

Acknowledgment 13/08/2012

CO 19/12/2013

Medical 30/12/2013

PCC 14/01/2014

AOS 26/02/2014

Waiting for request from department to make 2nd visa payment.

No idea why they are delaying to take money.

Does anyone has any clue???????????????

Kind regards

:SLEEP::SLEEP:

Edited by Boss2468

Hi guys,

I have posted these few questions a while ago re applying for PR for my parents a few years ago but I can't seem to find my previous post! I'm quite determined to put in an application but the end of this FY because the longer I wait the more it will cost! As such, I was wondering if anyone could answer my questions re the application of a contributory parent visa for my parents(143).

1)Due to the cost of the visa, I can only apply for 1 parent at the moment. Will I be able apply for my mum first then upon the grant of my mum's visa apply for the same 103 visa for my dad? My mum is 56 this year and my dad 59.

2)I have the money set aside for my mum but just in case I need the money, will I be able to delay payment of the 2nd VAC by a few weeks or months?

3)I have also thought of putting in a 143 for my mum and a 103 for my dad as my dad is still working. Is that feasible? Will DIAC look at my applications and think it's a bit weird?

4)With centrelink payments, I know that any payments will be deductible from the assurance of support bond. What payments would my mum be eligible for? i also understand that interest would be paid on the AoS but at would percentage and how often is this paid? Also, would it be paid to me or my parents?

Thanks everyone!