Guest guest36187

Hi genie 1

Congratulations for ending the waiting game. Our is still on, we are still waiting for AOS to be approved by Centrelink . How was your experience with Centrelink ?. Are you getting 143 CPV ? Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

We are waiting for our 173 visa. So, no AOS needed till we convert it to a 143 within two years. Good luck with centrelink :) Hope your not waiting too long.

Some more good news!

My parents look like they got their case officer yesterday! Typically the ONE day they didn't check their emails, only knew to thanks to Go Matilda sending mum a text message this evening.

So medicals, form 80 and passport pages to send over. They're currently between Adelaide and Melbourne so are going to hop foot it to Melbourne to hopefully get their medicals done early next week.

Their tourist visa expires next Sunday so are hoping against hope they will be able to fly out and stay out until the visa is granted now.

What are peoples experiences of timing from the case officer getting all the information back to visa grant?

Another CPV 143 question.

I have a daughter living in Perth with her Fiance (also British). They are getting married in March 2015 and my wife and I want to get to WA asap to assist with wedding arrangments etc. My daughter moved to AU in November 2012 so the anniversary of their 2 year permanent residency will be November this year. My interpretation of the visa rules should mean that they will be regarded as 'settled'.

We want to get to AU in November this year and have two options at the moment: Firstly, an E-tourist or secondly a SC600 Visitors. The problem with the first one is that we can only stay for a maximum of 3 months where we would have to leave AU and return to restart the clock. The second option would give us longer but there is a risk of having an 8503 no further stay condition applied.

We are in a position to start the 143 application now but I think I read somewhere that the application cannot be submitted until the 2 year residency period has elapsed. I also read that the 2 year period is given as a guide but if there are compassionate or compelling reasons, the Immigration Authorities could accept an earlier application.

My question here is, has anyone tested the 'compassionate or compelling' rationalisation and whether my daughters wedding would fall anywhere near a 'compelling' reason?

We have a few guests travelling from the UK and we want to set up home or a rented property in order to accommodate everyone, notwithstanding the wedding arrangements and assocuated finaces etc. I don't want to start the process now, only for it to be rejected.

At the moment, I think our best choice is to travel on a 600 Visitors visa and get it for as long as the IA will allow. Once we are in AU we will be able to lodge the 143 so long as the 8503 condition isn't applied? I am hoping that a covering letter at the time of application for the 600 should negate this?

Next problem is that the IA state the waiting time for a 143 is currently about 18 months so even a visitors visa isn't going to cover that one. I also understand that we would have to be out of the country beore the 143 is granted - if by some fluke we were still in AU, do the IA give you notice so that you can escape before the decision is made?

All we want to do is get to WA, buy a house and settle down. I am currently 60 and my wife 58 so the Aged visa is not an option. We also pass the balance of family test etc so it is only the other formalities to go through.

Anyone with similar circumstances please??

Thanks all

Hi Nuttynan

Happy Happy today we have got a CO 18 months from lodgement, paperwork OK just Medicals now and AOS

:wink::biggrin:

Hi - Is the timeline improving at last? Lodgement to CO in 18 months and not 18 months from the Acknowledgment date. . Good luck with the final processing

Hey Veronique,

I let you judge from my timeline for CPV143. Date of lodgment 29/06/2012. Acknowledgement date 13/08/2012. CO 18/12/2013. Medical 30/12/2013. PCC 14/01/2014. AOS finalize11/02/2014. Still waiting for Request for second payment ?????????????????? Good luck to those who think process has picked up speed, not in my case.

:cool::cool::cool:

Edited by Boss2468

Just wondering..........How old are the parents wanting the 143/173 visas?

thanks

Tab x

My Dad is 58 on Monday and Mum is 56.

Medicals booked for Thursday, earliest they could get in! They're now flying out to Fiji at the weekend and are debating how long to stay.... how long is a piece of string!

Hi I am just joining this thread. Could someone tell me if you had to pay $40000 per parent? Or if there is a lesser expensive route?

Yes this is per parent for the 143 plus the initial visa application charge, plus 14000 AOS for a couple. The only alternatives are the 103, with the long wait or the 804, also a long wait and you need to be over 65.

Another CPV 143 question.

I have a daughter living in Perth with her Fiance (also British). They are getting married in March 2015 and my wife and I want to get to WA asap to assist with wedding arrangments etc. My daughter moved to AU in November 2012 so the anniversary of their 2 year permanent residency will be November this year. My interpretation of the visa rules should mean that they will be regarded as 'settled'.

We want to get to AU in November this year and have two options at the moment: Firstly, an E-tourist or secondly a SC600 Visitors. The problem with the first one is that we can only stay for a maximum of 3 months where we would have to leave AU and return to restart the clock. The second option would give us longer but there is a risk of having an 8503 no further stay condition applied.

We are in a position to start the 143 application now but I think I read somewhere that the application cannot be submitted until the 2 year residency period has elapsed. I also read that the 2 year period is given as a guide but if there are compassionate or compelling reasons, the Immigration Authorities could accept an earlier application.

My question here is, has anyone tested the 'compassionate or compelling' rationalisation and whether my daughters wedding would fall anywhere near a 'compelling' reason?

We have a few guests travelling from the UK and we want to set up home or a rented property in order to accommodate everyone, notwithstanding the wedding arrangements and assocuated finaces etc. I don't want to start the process now, only for it to be rejected.

At the moment, I think our best choice is to travel on a 600 Visitors visa and get it for as long as the IA will allow. Once we are in AU we will be able to lodge the 143 so long as the 8503 condition isn't applied? I am hoping that a covering letter at the time of application for the 600 should negate this?

Next problem is that the IA state the waiting time for a 143 is currently about 18 months so even a visitors visa isn't going to cover that one. I also understand that we would have to be out of the country beore the 143 is granted - if by some fluke we were still in AU, do the IA give you notice so that you can escape before the decision is made?

All we want to do is get to WA, buy a house and settle down. I am currently 60 and my wife 58 so the Aged visa is not an option. We also pass the balance of family test etc so it is only the other formalities to go through.

Anyone with similar circumstances please??

Thanks all

You might want to consult a migration agent if you are intending to apply before the 2 year period is up to see how strict they are now. It would be best to get them to guide you through it.

Secondly, if you are applying for a visitor visa, it may not be in your interests to alert the IA to the fact that you are intending to stay as you might run the risk of having your visitor visa refused.

You may not be aware, but you are able to purchase a property without being a permanent resident, subject to the Foreign Investment Review Board approval, and this usually means a new property, although you may have difficulty moving your furniture etc as the shipping companies usually need evidence of a visa. Or as you suggested it may be better just rent somewhere for a while.

Parents of permanent residents can apply for a visitor visa for up to 12 months.

With regard to going offshore before your parent visa is granted, it is vital that you keep in touch with your case officer and let them know you are in Australia. They will usually let you know when the visa is about to be granted, and you will of course have organised the AOS, so you will have a rough idea.

You might want to consult a migration agent if you are intending to apply before the 2 year period is up to see how strict they are now. It would be best to get them to guide you through it.

Secondly, if you are applying for a visitor visa, it may not be in your interests to alert the IA to the fact that you are intending to stay as you might run the risk of having your visitor visa refused.

You may not be aware, but you are able to purchase a property without being a permanent resident, subject to the Foreign Investment Review Board approval, and this usually means a new property, although you may have difficulty moving your furniture etc as the shipping companies usually need evidence of a visa. Or as you suggested it may be better just rent somewhere for a while.

Parents of permanent residents can apply for a visitor visa for up to 12 months.

With regard to going offshore before your parent visa is granted, it is vital that you keep in touch with your case officer and let them know you are in Australia. They will usually let you know when the visa is about to be granted, and you will of course have organised the AOS, so you will have a rough idea.

Thank you Linday. From the repsponses so far I think I will have to engage the 'patience' button for now. Plan C may be better to wait until November this year when my daughter reaches the two year anniversary. I have been told that once my visa application is lodged, I can then file for a Visitors visa and, on the grounds that a PR visa has been submitted, it is unlikely that an 8503 condition would be applied. I suppose the next question is, how long does it take to get a Visitors visa? - as I see there are medical examinations etc to get. Just wondering whether I could go for a eTourist visa in December and then apply for a Visitors visa when in Aus? This would get us there in time to assist with the wedding plans etc but still achieve the same object.

I know that the rules for eTourist visas is that the applicant 'intends' to leave but that begs the question as to why a Visitors visa can be applied for whilst in AU! If it wasn't for the wedding, things would be easy and we would just apply in the UK and sit it out, I just want to try and make it a one way trip but those chances seem to be diminishing.

Hi Genie1. Congratulations on booking your one way flight. At least you will make it for the Stone's concert. I might bump into you in Adelaide one day because that is where we are going. Good luck and take care. Regards Nuttynan.

Hi there, thanks for that. We have Seven Seas move cube coming tomorrow. I will be so glad to see the back of it all. Packed and repacked so many times. Just hope I all fits!

Moving out of the house at the weekend and moving in with friends till we leave on 18th. Then... one endless round of Goodbye drinks and tears. Exhausted!!

Hope your wait is soon over. Where will you be in Adelaide ?

Hi Genie 1. We will be staying with my daughter in Seaview Downs (about 30 mins from Glenelg). Would be great to meet up once we are all settled. Good luck with all the good-byes, I am dreading that part of it. We are just waiting to be asked for our visa fee then at least I can start booking the Shipping people etc. I am so lucky that our buyers have been ok about all the waiting. Have a safe trip.

Thank you Linday. From the repsponses so far I think I will have to engage the 'patience' button for now. Plan C may be better to wait until November this year when my daughter reaches the two year anniversary. I have been told that once my visa application is lodged, I can then file for a Visitors visa and, on the grounds that a PR visa has been submitted, it is unlikely that an 8503 condition would be applied. I suppose the next question is, how long does it take to get a Visitors visa? - as I see there are medical examinations etc to get. Just wondering whether I could go for a eTourist visa in December and then apply for a Visitors visa when in Aus? This would get us there in time to assist with the wedding plans etc but still achieve the same object.

I know that the rules for eTourist visas is that the applicant 'intends' to leave but that begs the question as to why a Visitors visa can be applied for whilst in AU! If it wasn't for the wedding, things would be easy and we would just apply in the UK and sit it out, I just want to try and make it a one way trip but those chances seem to be diminishing.

I don't think you will need to have a medical if you apply for a normal tourist visa. They normally come through pretty quick. My son applied for a 12 month visa and just had to show he had enough money to support himself and it came through within 2 days. Might be an idea to have a look at the application form to see what's involved.

Not sure if I'm posting correctly but here goes, If we get a 600 visa for five years, (we are currently on a 301), does anyone know if we are allowed to buy established property rather than new built. Also does anyone know if this would affect our old age pension being away from the uk for more than half a year.