Guest guest36187

hi,

we are thinking of getting contributory parent visa for Australia as our son is living there with our two grand children, any ideas on cost

or how much having a health condition needing immune suppressant drugs will make. I am 53 and wife is 50. I am a qualified electrician

Quick update...Might be useful for other sufferers of vicious visa syndrome! Today received request for payment of 2nd VAC!

Decided to use Moneycorp to transfer funds to my Oz account.....bank cheque....daughter collect....courier to immi. Seems the quickest/cheapest way (I hope).

Booked move cube with Seven Sea's and sold my car.

Tomorrow will hand in notice at work. Hope it all falls into place and we get visa within the next few weeks. If not.........PANIC!!

Hi genie1, I just love your description of the visa process. Well, you are certainly are on your way now. How long has it taken, and is it the 143 you are applying for?

Did you phone your Oz bank to arrange for the cheque that your daughter collected? I will be in a similar position to you.

Sold your car as well, how organised. Wishing you all the best for your future in Oz.

Hi Carob.

We applied for the 173 in June 2012....so 20 months so far! Yes, I will be e-mailing my OZ bank tomorrow (when the dollars are in from UK ) requesting a bank cheque to immi. Hopefully this final part of the process nearly over and we can book some flights. This will be trip number 30 for me and will be wonderful to book one way tickets.

Where are you heading for and when?

hi,

we are thinking of getting contributory parent visa for Australia as our son is living there with our two grand children, any ideas on cost

or how much having a health condition needing immune suppressant drugs will make. I am 53 and wife is 50. I am a qualified electrician

Hi Chad,

from my experience I would recommend that you start doing your research on the Dimia website, read as much as you can on THIS thread and don't be afraid to ask silly questions!

OH....and start saving!

:cool::cool:Hi all,

AOS thing has been sorted out today a step closer to final step. Money $14000 has been deposited in common wealth bank of australia.

Hello,

Congratulations, you are one step closer to getting the visa. Do you mind if I would ask a question regarding the AOS experience? How did you make an appointment with the centerlink? Do you need to call them in advance or just go to any centerlink and give them your documentations? And how long did it take from that first appointment to receive decision from centerlink? After that, did centerlink or Immigration ask you to make the deposit?

Sorry for many questions. Apparently I was asked to prepare AOS before a CO allocated, so i'm not sure if AOS is approved, do I pay the bond right away or do I wait after the CO allocated? Anyone advise would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Carob.

We applied for the 173 in June 2012....so 20 months so far! Yes, I will be e-mailing my OZ bank tomorrow (when the dollars are in from UK ) requesting a bank cheque to immi. Hopefully this final part of the process nearly over and we can book some flights. This will be trip number 30 for me and will be wonderful to book one way tickets.

Where are you heading for and when?

Hello Genie1. Uum, 20 months so far for you. Well, I think we might have a longer wait, as we only lodged in June 2013. We are going to Perth where daughter lives, but haven't visited as many times as you. I am very impressed, we've only been four times. Look forward to hear how you progress, particularly how the bank works out.

Hi hope I'm posting in the write place,

I really need so advice. I have been living in Australia with my family for over two years and I really want my Dad to move over. I have looked into visa options and I think he would have to apply for a 103 visa, which I know must be done off shore. I know its an extremely long wait time (13 year or more) but it looks like its the cheapest of options. If he applies for a 103 off shore is he able to come and stay with me in Australia while he waits for his 103 to be granted on a bridging visa or tourist visa? If so how long do they last?

I have also noticed that a lot of people are saying that the CPV is the best way to go as far as not putting your life on hold. I just wondered what restrictions would my Dad have if he was waiting for his 103? I have rang Medicare department about restrictions. They told me that he will get a temporary card and a reduced rate regarding prescriptions and treatment but just not the full benefits. Wouldn't I be able to add him to my private health insurance?

I'm sorry for so many questions, I have tried to call the immigration Department to ask these questions but I can never get through. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Hi hope I'm posting in the write place,

I really need so advice. I have been living in Australia with my family for over two years and I really want my Dad to move over. I have looked into visa options and I think he would have to apply for a 103 visa, which I know must be done off shore. I know its an extremely long wait time (13 year or more) but it looks like its the cheapest of options. If he applies for a 103 off shore is he able to come and stay with me in Australia while he waits for his 103 to be granted on a bridging visa or tourist visa? If so how long do they last?

I have also noticed that a lot of people are saying that the CPV is the best way to go as far as not putting your life on hold. I just wondered what restrictions would my Dad have if he was waiting for his 103? I have rang Medicare department about restrictions. They told me that he will get a temporary card and a reduced rate regarding prescriptions and treatment but just not the full benefits. Wouldn't I be able to add him to my private health insurance?

I'm sorry for so many questions, I have tried to call the immigration Department to ask these questions but I can never get through. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

As the 103 is an offshore visa then unfortunately there is no bridging visa to allow him to stay in Australia. Once he has applied for the 103 he can then apply for a 5 year visitor visa which allows him to visit Australia for up to 12 months at a time, but he must then leave for 6 months, ie he cannot spend more than 12 months in any 18 months period in Australia. One of the conditions of this visitor visa is that he must take our private health insurance for the periods spent in Australia. How old is your father? If he is over 65 have you considered the 804 Aged Parent visa?

Guest Phalarope83

Good morning all. We have received an acknowledgement for our CPV and they have taken the first payment. I know it's now 20 months ish to wait and I was wondering if there is any temporary visa longer than the 3 month one that MIT be available to us. My wife would like to stay out there longer (she is in sunny Brisbane at the moment for a month) and I thought that there might be something we could apply for whilst she on holiday. Although that's a misnomer! With two young grandchildren to look after its anything but a holiday. I am left at home, in the rain, with the dog! Lucky old me!

As the 103 is an offshore visa then unfortunately there is no bridging visa to allow him to stay in Australia. Once he has applied for the 103 he can then apply for a 5 year visitor visa which allows him to visit Australia for up to 12 months at a time, but he must then leave for 6 months, ie he cannot spend more than 12 months in any 18 months period in Australia. One of the conditions of this visitor visa is that he must take our private health insurance for the periods spent in Australia. How old is your father? If he is over 65 have you considered the 804 Aged Parent visa?

Thanks for your reply. He is only 60. So I'm not sure what our options would be then? I did get an email from an agent that said he could stay on a tourist visa. I just had a quick look on the immigration site and I think he could stay on a Tourist visa 600.Which lasts for 12 month and then you reapply. However he may be limited on the amount of times he can apply for this visa as this is decided by them. Maybe we could apply for the 103 and then switch to the 804 when he turns 65. Do you think he could do this?

Thanks for your reply. He is only 60. So I'm not sure what our options would be then? I did get an email from an agent that said he could stay on a tourist visa. I just had a quick look on the immigration site and I think he could stay on a Tourist visa 600.Which lasts for 12 month and then you reapply. However he may be limited on the amount of times he can apply for this visa as this is decided by them. Maybe we could apply for the 103 and then switch to the 804 when he turns 65. Do you think he could do this?

By the time your father can apply for an 804 he could have had a 103 application lodged for almost 5 years (given he is now 60).

You can't switch from a 103 to an 804 - they are separate applications.

If a 143 visa is unaffordable I'd be lodging a 103 now.

See also our factsheets that discuss the 804 Aged Parent visa and applying onshore: http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/factsheets/

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett

By the time your father can apply for an 804 he could have had a 103 application lodged for almost 5 years (given he is now 60).

You can't switch from a 103 to an 804 - they are separate applications.

If a 143 visa is unaffordable I'd be lodging a 103 now.

See also our factsheets that discuss the 804 Aged Parent visa and applying onshore: http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/factsheets/

Best regards.

Thanks for the information Alan. We really only have two choices then. Apply for a 103 now or wait until he is 65 and apply for the 804. The only thing that concerns me is being able to stay with me in Australia while he waits. I understand that he can get a bridging visa if he applies for a 804. If he applies for a 103 I know he can apply for a tourist visa which has to be renewed every 12 months but am I right in saying that the department of immigration can limit the amount of times they issue these. Also is it right that you are unable to work on either visa's?

Hi there, just realised that my passport expires in a few months. Our CPV143 was granted in November 2012 and validated a few weeks later. As we are hoping our uk house will sell soon(ish) what steps do I need to take once I have the new passport? I did a bit of research and it looks like there is a form to fill in once the new passport is issued and you then send certified copies of both old and new photo pages to the visa issuing office. In my case Parent Visa Centre in Perth. Is this correct?

All help gratefully received!

Cheers Val

Hello,

Congratulations, you are one step closer to getting the visa. Do you mind if I would ask a question regarding the AOS experience? How did you make an appointment with the centerlink? Do you need to call them in advance or just go to any centerlink and give them your documentations? And how long did it take from that first appointment to receive decision from centerlink? After that, did centerlink or Immigration ask you to make the deposit?

Sorry for many questions. Apparently I was asked to prepare AOS before a CO allocated, so i'm not sure if AOS is approved, do I pay the bond right away or do I wait after the CO allocated? Anyone advise would be really appreciated. Thank you.

As I understand the first requirement is to clear PCC and Health Assessment.Only thereafter the AOS is called for by the CO. However, as per posts in this forum, from 2013 onward`s in the acknowledgement letter fixed timelines are being given to initiate PCC, Health Check and AOS. The AOS means depositing the bond amount with CBA. CO, as and when appointed, will call for PCC only as AOS is sent directly by Centrelink after deposit of bond as is the case with the Medicals which also go directly. It appears that now depositing AOS bond is parallel activity to Health check.If this is the case then bond money has to be deposited even without a CO being appointed.

With best wishes

We have been on the 103 parent visa list since Oct.2010 and are now nearing 80! It would seem that any progress will only be made if we're prepared to join yet another waiting list (and part with more hard earned cash!) We've spent the last 17 British winters in Oz but that doesn't count on the tick list! No family left in the UK but we're so anxious to join what family we have in Oz. Any ideas on how to speed up things would be much appreciated!

Hello Everyone,

Bank guarantee letter stamped by common wealth bank along with seven other papers bank gave,has been delivered to Centrelink on 12/02/2014. So for, no response from Centrelink. Does anyone want to share their experience with Centrelink . Thanks in advance.

:cool::cool:

Boss2468

Edited by Boss2468

Hi Val. As a fellow Lancastrian (Bolton and Preston) I wonder if you could offer some advice on the CPV143 please? My husband and I are nearing 80 and our only family are Oz residents. We are already on the parent Visa 103 waiting list (since 5/10/2010) with 14,020 applicants in front of us! If we were to go down the CPV143 route, applying from Australia while on the long stay (6 months) visa, what are the pitfalls and............ most importantly, the costs? At our age, we don't want to be having to wait a long longer but nor do we have money to burn!! We do, however, have a house to sell in Lancashire! Thanks, Norma

Hi Val. As a fellow Lancastrian (Bolton and Preston) I wonder if you could offer some advice on the CPV143 please? My husband and I are nearing 80 and our only family are Oz residents. We are already on the parent Visa 103 waiting list (since 5/10/2010) with 14,020 applicants in front of us! If we were to go down the CPV143 route, applying from Australia while on the long stay (6 months) visa, what are the pitfalls and............ most importantly, the costs? At our age, we don't want to be having to wait a long longer but nor do we have money to burn!! We do, however, have a house to sell in Lancashire! Thanks, Norma

Hi Norma,

So sorry but I'm afraid I can't offer any quick inexpensive soloutions.........the CPV143 costs a lot of money (somewhere in the region of AU$90,000) for the 2 of you. I have no idea about visas for the over 80's, we are still in our 50's. I think I'm correct in saying though that the time you have spent waiting for your 103 will be taken into consideration when applying for the 143. This means that it will be granted almost immediately (provided that your poloce checks and medicals are in order), the current waiting time is around 18-20 months.

If you are in Australia now, you could perhaps make a phone call or even try and get an appointment to see someone who could give you the correct information for your needs.

Hope this helps and good luck with your visa!

Regards, Val

We have been on the 103 parent visa list since Oct.2010 and are now nearing 80! It would seem that any progress will only be made if we're prepared to join yet another waiting list (and part with more hard earned cash!) We've spent the last 17 British winters in Oz but that doesn't count on the tick list! No family left in the UK but we're so anxious to join what family we have in Oz. Any ideas on how to speed up things would be much appreciated!

Have you thought about the 804 Aged Parent visa? This is same as the 103, but you can apply onshore and then be granted a bridging visa to allow you to stay in Australia till the parent visa is granted. There is a waiting time, I think about 8 or 9 years was quoted but not sure about this and you do have to pass a medical before the visa is granted. If you search for Alan Collett on here and message him I believe he has a fact sheet available. Hope this helps.