Guest guest36187

Op finally done 1st October sent home to recouperate....long recovery but thankgod it's over after 27 months :swoon:

The only way now is up....up and away :biggrin:

Thankyou all for your good wishes. :yes:

Phoebe

Phoebe, so glad the op has finally been done. Take good care of yourself and make a speedy recovery.

Love Val x

Op finally done 1st October sent home to recouperate....long recovery but thankgod it's over after 27 months :swoon:

The only way now is up....up and away :biggrin:

Thankyou all for your good wishes. :yes:

Phoebe

wow finally eh! thinking of you, keep us updated re your recovery. Like you said onwards and upwards.

Tab x

Oh dear Tab, how very frustrating for you. Veronique and I were lucky to have our acknowledgement when we did then. Very impressed that your daughter was able to get some sense out of immi via a phone call. How on earth did they find you without a ref number? I have been checking Chireckles regularly for you, and now understand why there has been no movement on the site for ages.

all the best, Carolyn x:rolleyes:

You must be so relieved to have the op behind you Phoebe. Just take very day as it comes, there will be ups and downs, but in the long run I'm sure it will be worth it. Then you can go to Aus.

I have to say I don't know what your problem was, as I only joined this group a few months ago, so hope I have said all the right things!

best wishes for a very speed recovery. Carolyn x

You must be so relieved to have the op behind you Phoebe. Just take very day as it comes, there will be ups and downs, but in the long run I'm sure it will be worth it. Then you can go to Aus.

I have to say I don't know what your problem was, as I only joined this group a few months ago, so hope I have said all the right things!

best wishes for a very speed recovery. Carolyn x

Degenerated disc in my neck causing swallowing problems & trapped nerve Carolyn just been such a long road as it took them 19 months of exploratory Ops/investigations/tests to finally get me to the Neuro Surgeon I needed to see :swoon: thankfully another 9 months down the line & Op cancelled twice it's done so been a long haul 27 months just 8-12 weeks recovery & can finally get to Oz to see my family :biggrin:

Phoebe

Degenerated disc in my neck causing swallowing problems & trapped nerve Carolyn just been such a long road as it took them 19 months of exploratory Ops/investigations/tests to finally get me to the Neuro Surgeon I needed to see :swoon: thankfully another 9 months down the line & Op cancelled twice it's done so been a long haul 27 months just 8-12 weeks recovery & can finally get to Oz to see my family :biggrin:

Phoebe

So Phoebe you just might get to Aus for Christmas, how exciting for you. And oh dear, my daughter in Perth who is only 35 has just been diagnosed with something similar to you (degenerated disc). She saw a neuro surgeon really quickly, in under a week, but was told to leave treatment for a while, but not to start the course she was intending to do, as the job would not be suitable in the long run.

let's hope your recovery time passes quickly and smoothly.

Carolyn

At the end of June 2013 we had been here for the 1st complete Oz tax year and not understanding the tax system have had an accountant do our tax return for us. We are both well past retirement age and our total income is made up of various UK pensions which go into our UK bank which I then transfer to Oz when I see the exchange move upwards.

My query is that the paperwork from the accountant looks pretty straight forward, we have received the allowance for foreign pension income with an undeducted purchase price but nothing else.

Just wondered if anyone else on the forum had been able to claim any other allowances, especially the Seniors and Pensioners tax offset (SAPTO) as this would make quite a difference.

David

At the end of June 2013 we had been here for the 1st complete Oz tax year and not understanding the tax system have had an accountant do our tax return for us. We are both well past retirement age and our total income is made up of various UK pensions which go into our UK bank which I then transfer to Oz when I see the exchange move upwards.

My query is that the paperwork from the accountant looks pretty straight forward, we have received the allowance for foreign pension income with an undeducted purchase price but nothing else.

Just wondered if anyone else on the forum had been able to claim any other allowances, especially the Seniors and Pensioners tax offset (SAPTO) as this would make quite a difference.

David

Hi David.

You are on permanent subclass 143 visas?

If so, your UK pension income is being taxed with NT (=No Tax) PAYE Codings?

UK pension income in the hands of Australian residents is wholly taxable in Australia under the provisions of the Tax Treaty between the UK and Australia.

I have seen UK pension income included on Australian tax returns with a credit claimed for tax withheld under PAYE. This isn't the correct treatment of pension income under the Treaty.

Best regards.

Alan

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes we are here on a sub class 143 permanent visa, and none of our UK pensions income is being taxed in the UK, and I understand we will have to pay tax here in Oz but just wondered if there were any Oz tax allowances we should be claiming apart from the allowance for foreign pension income with an undeducted purchase price.

Thanks again

David

We are awaiting a case officer for temp 173 parent visa. It has now been 15mths and 10days !

I emailed immi 2 months ago and was advised that these visa's are taking UP TO 15 mths from acknowledgment date. I emailed again 10 days ago stating that we were now at the 15 mth mark and requesting some info. No reply !

In Limbo... House packed and nowhere to go.

Just wondering if anybody else is in the same situation? The chirreckles tracker appears to be frozen. Think I will have to start phoning at 2am.

We need to at least have a rough idea ! So frustrating. Any ideas ?

We are awaiting a case officer for temp 173 parent visa. It has now been 15mths and 10days !

I emailed immi 2 months ago and was advised that these visa's are taking UP TO 15 mths from acknowledgment date. I emailed again 10 days ago stating that we were now at the 15 mth mark and requesting some info. No reply !

Just wondering if anybody else is in the same situation? The chirreckles tracker appears to be frozen. Think I will have to start phoning at 2am.

No help I'm afraid, my parents are in a similar situation - 173 submitted and approaching the 14 month mark, house sold, shippers booked and flights booked!

Our situation is that we are in Australia on a 173 and have applied back in May for the 143. We received our acknowledgement in a reasonable time requesting AFP checks and for our Assurer to set up the Assurance of Support all within a time limit of 28 days! The AFP checks were quite quick and straight forward. However, Centrelink was rather more drawn out but eventually, our Assurer got a letter of acceptance dated 25 July. All paperwork was sent to PVC Perth and we have heard nothing since. I sent an email at the end of August, and they eventually replied saying that they were waiting to hear from Centrelink regarding the AOS. So another phone call to Centrelink (almost an hour on hold before anyone answers). They said they had sent the paperwork straight away, but would send it again. Still nothing from PVC, so sent another email at the end of Sept and to date we have not even had a reply!

And so we wait..........

Hi there.Just wondering if your parents have done their medicals and police checks before being allocated a case officer? and will they go before a visa is issued?

No help I'm afraid, my parents are in a similar situation - 173 submitted and approaching the 14 month mark, house sold, shippers booked and flights booked!

Hi nicolac 34. Have your parents done their medicals and police checks before being allocated a case officer? If flight is booked will they go before the visa is issued?

Sorry...posted twice. Not sure what I'm doing wrong !!

Edited by genie1

Guest guest72525

We got my parents' AOS done in a week, but it took another week for the CO to pick it up on the other side.

If you need to contact Centrelink, the letters we got from them (we are the assurers) had a name and direct phone number on them and I was able to phone the person dealing with our case directly. She was very helpful as some of our documents got lost etc etc.

Also, it seems your case officer has to physically go 'downstairs' and check the list to see if the message has come through from Centrelink/DHS. My parents' CO didn't go automatically, it was only once we prompted her that she went and checked - she then sent the 2nd VAC request within an hour of my dad's 'reminder' email.

In summary, our experience was that both Centrelink and our CO had to be nudged along at every step as things seem to get mislaid along the way....

Edited by guest72525

Guest guest72525

I think that the call centre isn't very helpful - they just have general info and the '15 month' line is the one they feed everyone regardless. I found the online enquiry form http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres.htm?43 got a response within 36 hours. Have you used this one?

Hi nicolac 34. Have your parents done their medicals and police checks before being allocated a case officer? If flight is booked will they go before the visa is issued?

Sorry...posted twice. Not sure what I'm doing wrong !!

They've done their police checks but can't do the medicals until they get a case officer and a HAP ID apparently.

Yes, if the visa isn't through before they fly on the 1st of December they'll come on a tourist visa until it's granted - will have to leave the country to get everything sorted I think.

Nicolac. Thanks for reply. We will do our police checks now and consider doing the same as your parents and booking our flights. Just a bit concerned that we might be there before we get a case officer. Can we book one way flights I wonder?

Its difficult to synchronise everything you need to do...leaving jobs, leaving house and family when things are still vague !

OH WELL.It will happen (says she confidently!):daydreaming:

Nicolac. Thanks for reply. We will do our police checks now and consider doing the same as your parents and booking our flights. Just a bit concerned that we might be there before we get a case officer. Can we book one way flights I wonder?

Its difficult to synchronise everything you need to do...leaving jobs, leaving house and family when things are still vague !

OH WELL.It will happen (says she confidently!):daydreaming:

From the looks of things if you haven't a case officer yet and you're a month ahead it's unlikely they will get one before they arrive. It's a pain, but they've sold the house now and are due to move out the third week in November. Mum won't be able to work any longer once she's out of the house (childminder) so they thought they may as well come over and start their travels. They plan to buy a caravan and 4x4 and tour the country for 6 months before settling down, so they can do that on a tourist visa whilst waiting for the real thing to come though. Only issue is having to store all their belongings in blighty as they can't ship them until the visa comes through.

You're right though, so much to juggle!

Hi Genie1 we are in the same position. We are also waiting for a case office for a 173 visa. 15 months at the end of this month and still waiting. Have just put our bungalow up for sale with fingers crossed. We just want to get our CO so we can do medicals and police checks. Patience is a virtue so they say!!!!

Hi Genie1 we are in the same position. We are also waiting for a case office for a 173 visa. 15 months at the end of this month and still waiting. Have just put our bungalow up for sale with fingers crossed. We just want to get our CO so we can do medicals and police checks. Patience is a virtue so they say!!!!

So can you not front load medicals now? Sorry been out the loop a while.

Phoebe