Guest guest36187

I feel so frustrated by this news. I have no idea when we will be free to apply for cpv's and if the rates continue to rise like this we wont be able to afford it anyway. This is a truly jaw dropping amount - an extra $12000 for a couple. Laughable really when you look at the 2% or so interest rate available on UK savings.

I thought the fees only went up once a year in July - depressed by this news.

Kath

Edited by Fisher1

What wonderful news for you RR. When do you hope to move, and to where? Decluttering is quite therapeutic, we have started VERY early, due mainly to stuff inherited which we should have disposed of in previous moves, but sometimes there is an emotional attachment to things, and you have to just let go.

All the best of luck. Caro

What wonderful news for you RR. When do you hope to move, and to where? Decluttering is quite therapeutic, we have started VERY early, due mainly to stuff inherited which we should have disposed of in previous moves, but sometimes there is an emotional attachment to things, and you have to just let go.

All the best of luck. Caro

Caro, thanks for your good wishes. Date of final move is dependant on sale of the house. Housing market is perking up a bit so hopefully we can sell ours with not too much stress.

Our decluttering is going well. I'm now on nodding terms with the boss of the local tip, and soon I guess we'll be discussing the weather and the cricket (hasn't it gone well?) I have sworn that I will never, ever put anything in any loft again. A complete waste of energy. Apart from suitcases and Christmas, decorations which I could reach without getting into the loft, we have never brought anything down from the loft and used it again. (The only possible exceptions being children's buggies etc, and we are well past the time when they were needed.)

Regards

Rowley

Caro, thanks for your good wishes. Date of final move is dependant on sale of the house. Housing market is perking up a bit so hopefully we can sell ours with not too much stress.

Our decluttering is going well. I'm now on nodding terms with the boss of the local tip, and soon I guess we'll be discussing the weather and the cricket (hasn't it gone well?) I have sworn that I will never, ever put anything in any loft again. A complete waste of energy. Apart from suitcases and Christmas, decorations which I could reach without getting into the loft, we have never brought anything down from the loft and used it again. (The only possible exceptions being children's buggies etc, and we are well past the time when they were needed.)

Regards

Rowley

Need to show hubby the 'loft' bit lol.

Good luck with everything

Phoebe

Hi, RR. I'm into freecycling and charity shops, plus of course eBay (OT's domain!). Had success with 'freegle'. We wonder whether to try and sell early on and then rent, but I suppose that is a bit risky, in case the visa's are not granted! With our past experience of house selling, the last time it took ages, probably due to the market at the time. However, as you have said it seems to be picking up now.

best wishes and good luck with your local tip boss!! Caro:wink:

Hi there, not sure whether to call you 'brummie babies' or Angie & Ted?! I see that your application was lodged on 6/6/11 and acknowledged on the 10th June 2011. I'm slightly worried because even though the first VAC has come off the credit card, we have not had an acknowledgement yet. We lodged in June 2013. I fully realise that these things take a long time and am prepared for the wait, but wondered what your secret is for your acknowledgement to only take 4 days.:rolleyes: Can you also tell me what is a form 80 referred to by Rowleyrocket today? Perhaps I'll ask her.

All the best, C.

Hi Carob,

Have you heard anything yet re acknowledgement? we are a bit concerned too as our application money has gone out of our credit card account and as of yet no acknowledgement email/letter... we have email immi to make sure they haven forgotten us lol lol keep in touch

Tab

If you haven't used it for 1 year its likely that you won't use it again, its amazing how much stuff we collect!!!

:arghh:

Regards

Rowley

Dear Alan

I am posing the following query which i think that you can answer best in view of your knowledge and expertise as MARA agent.

The following is the extract from the Migration Report 2012-13:-

" The contributory parent category outcome also met its 2012-13 planning level of 6575 places. Demand in the contributory parent category decreased by approximately 1524

applications between 2011-12 and 2012-13. Demand in 2011-12 was driven by high

numbers of applications in May and June 2012. The number of applications in 2012-13

generally increased throughout the year reaching a high of 927 in April 2013, before falling

substantially in May and June 2013. Over 12 500 clients remain in the pipeline at

30 June 2013, an increase of 4.8 per cent over the program year. This category was capped

in 2012-13."

As lay person I have done simple maths.There are 12500 applicants in pipeline as on 30 June 2013. There are 6675 positions for CPV visa for the year commencing from 1 July 2013. This means 556 visa every month if DIAC works with a clock work precision.For sake of grasping the situation let us take the month of January 2013 which is the middle of the year for calculation purposes.At roughly the rate of 1000 applications per month, by the middle of the January there will be receipt of 6500 applications.If we divide this by 556 then we get answer as 12 approximately.Therefore those who received their acknowledgement in middle of January 2013 it would mean a wait of 12 months counting from 1 july 2013. This means that such applicant who received their acknowledgement in mid January 2013 can hope for visa grant by end of June 2014.Thus the total waiting period comes to 17 months approximately.

Kindly let us know if I am correct. I am sure that there are others also waiting anxiously for the visa like me.Your expert answer will be welcomed by all.

Thanks in advance.

with warm regards.

Guest guest72525

Hi all

It has now been 14 months since my parents' visa application was acknowledged. They contacted the DIAC to check that their police clearances and medicals had been received (which they had). So we are just waiting... not very patiently. They haven't got the letter which some people get about 4 months before getting a case officer, which I think asks for medicals, Police clearances and AOS.

My question is: is it possible for us to go ahead to do the assurance of support interview and payment of the bond without getting a letter from the DIAC? Is there anyway round this? We are trying to save time (like everyone else!)

Thanks

Michelle

Hi

I think there is already a Contributory Parent Visa thread on here but hey we are willing to participate in anything to do with CPV. We have actually already applied for the normal parent visa but are thinking of switching to the CPV. We are just trying to work out the finances - will need to sell the house which is difficult in the current market and of course the exchange rate is not great.

Our biggest headache is trying to work out pensions and what and how to transfer these to Oz and whether we will be able to survive. Any thoughts or advice on this is welcome. We have already taken some professional advice but ended up more confused than ever!

It depends on what type of pension you hold? do you have any final salary pension? if so it has to be weighed up as to whether its worth converting this to cash and transferring it into an Australian Super Fund. There are a lot of rules about pensions that you don't want to fall foul of, I would definitely look for proper advice before contemplating whether to hold it in the UK or to transfer it all into the Super. Whatever you do it will probably cost you like it did me as apart form the huge cost of the CPV and all it entails, there are losses. Everything from fees for advice as I have mentioned to transferring money which again you lose of rates, maybe the fees for selling your house, maybe taking a lower offer to effect a sale? all these have a cost.

Good luck though, we have done all that nearly 5 years ago and once you commit, you have to forget about the cost and appreciate it was worth it!!

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Hi from the Sunshine Coast.

I have been here nearly 2 weeks now and the "winter" weather has been gorgeous but I didn't appreciate how cold it gets at nights. Thrown in at the deep end doing the school run as my daughter is now working full time. They also bought their first home in Australia last weekend and it has a Granny Flat so I am really excited. It is wonderful to be with the family again. Hope there will be some progress for all those in the queue.

Cath

Guest guest72525

I see there is finally some movement on the tracker - first CO allocation recorded in over 2 months!! Hope it's the first of several in the next couple of weeks.

Hi Alan

How are you? Long time no "speak" ! All well down here in Terrigal. This additional CP Visa Charge increase at 1 September is horrendous, percentage wise - tough news for intending applicants. I just wonder if the (likely) incoming Coalition government at 7 September will scrub this additional charge or go with it - I think I know where my bet would lie, don't you !! I'm not sure of the motive for this big increase, unless the emphasis is to eventually freeze out the Parents visa to allow more entries via other routes? Whatever, 15% + is really out of order and far above any current "inflationary" figure. There has to be underlying reason other than a blatant cash grab to pay for other ideas. Cheers

Jim

Our application for the 143 Visa was acknowledge on 24/5/2012, and we have today received notification that we have a Case Officer. Now it all begins after 15 months of waiting.

How exciting for you Mozza. It will be all go from now on I suspect. Only just started on our journey. So many questions buzz around, like Medicare, private medical insurance etc. but we have nearly sorted out the pensions/drawdowns, so that is a relief.

so we will also have about a fifteen month wait, but it would be nice to have had an acknowledgement, apart from the money being taken.

C.:dull: