Guest guest36187

Hi,

Just to let you all know that the 2nd VAC payment for our 143s was requested by email to-day.

Interestingly we seem to have got this far without being allocated a named case officer. Our key dates were:-

12.4.2012 - application acknowledged

25.4.2013 - so-called 'prep letter' received from PVC requesting health and police checks, AoS completion, Form 80 etc.

2.7.2013 - AoS acceptance letter from Centrelink

30.7.2013 - request for the 2nd VAC payment which was sent by a person rather than a PVC Team, so I suppose to-day must count as the day we were allocated a case officer.

Regards

Rowley

ps ... and yes, we are both delighted

Hi there, not sure whether to call you 'brummie babies' or Angie & Ted?! I see that your application was lodged on 6/6/11 and acknowledged on the 10th June 2011. I'm slightly worried because even though the first VAC has come off the credit card, we have not had an acknowledgement yet. We lodged in June 2013. I fully realise that these things take a long time and am prepared for the wait, but wondered what your secret is for your acknowledgement to only take 4 days.:rolleyes: Can you also tell me what is a form 80 referred to by Rowleyrocket today? Perhaps I'll ask her.

All the best, C.

Hello rowleyrocket. What good news for you, apart from having to fork the money, but we are all in the same boat! Please can you tell me when you actually lodged your 143 application? I am finding the 'timelines' people put on very helpful. I just wish I knew how to do it!! Showing my advanced years I'm afraid. Thanks C.

Guest Petina

Congratulations Rowleyrocket! You must be delighted! We have finally decided to take the plunge and have submitted the application today. Now we sit and wait! Can I ask you if you went through an agent or did you do it all yourself?

Guest Petina

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has had any difficulties with regard to the medicals. My husband has had two hip replacements and we have been told that it could ​ be a problem.

Hello rowleyrocket. What good news for you, apart from having to fork the money, but we are all in the same boat! Please can you tell me when you actually lodged your 143 application? I am finding the 'timelines' people put on very helpful. I just wish I knew how to do it!! Showing my advanced years I'm afraid. Thanks C.

Carob,

Our application forms for our 143s were posted on 3.4.2012, and the letter of acknowledgement was dated 12.4.2012. (I'm afraid I can't offer any explanation why yours has not been acknowledged, although they have clearly received it because the money has come off your card.)

The Form 80 - which is on the DIAC website along with all the other forms - is a character assessment which everyone has to complete. It is a bit of a faff, quite laborious and lengthy. It requests details of travel to other countries, and where you have lived with dates for the last 10 years, a CV covering all employment, a list of all education, some detail on your parents etc. You will be told when you have to complete and send it.

Regards

Rowley

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has had any difficulties with regard to the medicals. My husband has had two hip replacements and we have been told that it could ​ be a problem.

Petina,

Obviously can't really comment on your husband's medical, but my hip replacement was not a problem. I declared it on the form you complete to take to the medical and it was simply noted.

Regards

Congratulations Rowleyrocket! You must be delighted! We have finally decided to take the plunge and have submitted the application today. Now we sit and wait! Can I ask you if you went through an agent or did you do it all yourself?

Petina,

I did it all myself. Well, not quite all. I had a lot of help from people on this website. Between us we seem to be able to answer most, if not all questions. I also found the Australian High Commission helpful in the early stages, don't be afraid to give them a call.

Regards

Rowley

Dear all,

Highly appreciate your help. I am married, one daughter 4 years old, my wife is not working currently. So if I want to be an Assurer for my parents under 143 visa, how much is the income requirement? I calculate myself and it comes as about 40k but one agent said that it should be more than that as it takes into account the mortgage. Please advise if it is the case?

And my younger sister, over 18, student will go with my parent as a dependant, providing that I can;t find anyone to be an Assurer for her, any advice?

Thanks

Carob,

Our application forms for our 143s were posted on 3.4.2012, and the letter of acknowledgement was dated 12.4.2012. (I'm afraid I can't offer any explanation why yours has not been acknowledged, although they have clearly received it because the money has come off your card.)

The Form 80 - which is on the DIAC website along with all the other forms - is a character assessment which everyone has to complete. It is a bit of a faff, quite laborious and lengthy. It requests details of travel to other countries, and where you have lived with dates for the last 10 years, a CV covering all employment, a list of all education, some detail on your parents etc. You will be told when you have to complete and send it.

Regards

Rowley

Thanks for your reply Rowley. See what you mean about form 80!! And a lot of the info.has already been given. I notice you say your acknowledgement letter was DATED the 12th so maybe ours is in the post somewhere. I did read somewhere a few weeks ago that acknowledgement letter were in the process of being sent out, so will have to wait and see. Sometimes there seems to no regular pattern. Regards Caro:smile:

Thanks for your reply Rowley. See what you mean about form 80!! And a lot of the info.has already been given. I notice you say your acknowledgement letter was DATED the 12th so maybe ours is in the post somewhere. I did read somewhere a few weeks ago that acknowledgement letter were in the process of being sent out, so will have to wait and see. Sometimes there seems to no regular pattern. Regards Caro:smile:

Carob,

Our acknowledgement letter was emailed, as have been all communications from PVC.

Regards

Rowley

Congratulations Rowleyrocket! We were watching you on the tracker and could not figure out how you did not have a CO. Great news and not so long to wait till you get over to see your family.

Kev,

Thanks. Yes, we have not followed the usual pattern on allocation of COs, or perhaps they have changed their process. Also on the Electronic Queue Calculator on the immi.gov.au site we have been 10th in line on the 143 queue since our application was acknowledged, and in fact we still are 10th. Maintenance of that queue seems suspect and is not to be trusted. Chireckles is a far more reliable guide as to what is going on.

Regards

Rowley

Hi

We are currently on a sponsored 457 which runs out in 2014; we are trying to get re-sponsored on another 457 and were thinking of keeping to 457 untill we reach the age for Aged Parent Visa.
(Our Current ages are 56 + 58)

But may have to apply for the CPV, if we do then are we eligible for a full pension after 10 years ?

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Hi everyone

Finally the time has come - I fly out to Brisbane tomorrow night. Can't quite believe it is happening. Will give an update after I arrive and when the jetlag has worn off. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Regards, Cath

Hi everyone

Finally the time has come - I fly out to Brisbane tomorrow night. Can't quite believe it is happening. Will give an update after I arrive and when the jetlag has worn off. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Regards, Cath

Good Luck in your new life

Phoebe x

Hi everyone

Regards, Cath

Hi Cath, have a safe flight, I bet after all the waiting, these last few weeks have been rather hectic. Whereabouts in Brisbane are you headed to? When you're settled and in need of some friendly faces and a natter, there are a few of us in and around the Redlands area, been here since last September/October. If you fancy a cuppa, please PM me and I'll organise a meet up with the others as well.

Good luck with your new life - its great here, and we don't regret a thing!!

Val x

advice please...mum in uk and wants to move to aus, pass all the requirements, but wants to come over on long holiday whilst waiting for cpv, so

apply for the 3 year parent tourist visa first

or

apply for cpv first

from research I think you cant get the new tourist visa if you have applied for cpv?

Guest guest72525

Agreed Kev. No new COs on the tracker since early June, and my parents (and I!) were hoping to hear something as their acknowledgement date was mid-June 2012. I expected a slow down over early July because of a backlog of visas waiting to be granted with the new allocation at the beginning of the financial year, but surely by now things should be moving along as normal.

I recently read somewhere that those with sponsors who are citizens will be COs quicker than those with sponsors who are only permanent residents. Not sure if this is true. We aren't citizens yet so this probably doesn't help my parents if it is true.

To further Tee's posting above, the 2nd Visa Application Charge for a Contributory Parent visa application lodged after the end of this month will increase from $42,220 per applicant to $48,550 per applicant.

I am in our Southampton office for the next 10 days if any intending CP visa applicants in the UK would like to discuss what is needed to lodge an application in time to lock into the present scale of charges.

Best regards.