Guest guest36187

Oh dear, looks like I cant continue with my application then. :arghh:

Note: A step-child is a child:

• of applicant's current partner

I think this indicates that there is no problem regarding your stepchildren. This is from the DIAC Balance of Family Document - you can Google such information.

Hi

We are currently on a sponsored 457 which runs out in 2014; we are trying to get re-sponsored on another 457 and were thinking of keeping to 457 untill we reach the age for Aged Parent Visa. (Current age 56 + 58)

But may have to apply for the CPV, if we do then are we eligible for a full pension after 10 years

Regards

Rowley

Hi,

I understand that the exchange rate for payments is fixed for six months at a time half-yearly. What is the current fixed rate for the pound against the Australian dollar? (I can't seem to find it anywhere.)

Hi, the information is usually here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/converter.htm

although when I just checked it said they were having technical difficulties. Normally, if you key in the dollar amount you should be able to get the amount in pounds and you can work out the rate from that. Alternatively you could try contacting the Australian High Commission in London, who may be able to give you the information.

Hi

We are currently on a sponsored 457 which runs out in 2014; we are trying to get re-sponsored on another 457 and were thinking of keeping to 457 untill we reach the age for Aged Parent Visa. (Current age 56 + 58)

But may have to apply for the CPV, if we do then are we eligible for a full pension after 10 years

You will have to have been a permanent resident for 10 years before you can apply for an Australian pension. However, this is means tested, so any income you have from other pensions, or UK state pension for example will be taken into consideration. If you are working, you should be paying into an Australian super to generate some income.

Guest piramida

Hello everybody, We are finely in Sydney. We are so happy to be after many years with our children. I want to say to everyone Thank you very much for all support. Best regards and all the best to Lindy and Andy and thank you for your advice about Visa Label. I want tell that we did not needed Visa Label in passport.

Lepa

Hello everybody, We are finely in Sydney. We are so happy to be after many years with our children. I want to say to everyone Thank you very much for all support. Best regards and all the best to Lindy and Andy and thank you for your advice about Visa Label. I want tell that we did not needed Visa Label in passport.

Lepa

So glad to hear you finally made it. A long wait but worth it I am sure. Enjoy your new life in Australia.

Regards

Rowley

Hi,

I understand that the exchange rate for payments is fixed for six months at a time half-yearly. What is the current fixed rate for the pound against the Australian dollar? (I can't seem to find it anywhere.)

Hi, the information is usually here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/converter.htm

although when I just checked it said they were having technical difficulties. Normally, if you key in the dollar amount you should be able to get the amount in pounds and you can work out the rate from that. Alternatively you could try contacting the Australian High Commission in London, who may be able to give you the information.

Linday,

Thanks for the reply - as you say the Currency Converter is not working at present. I'll try the High Commission in London.

Regards

Rowley

hi all, i had a question. [its probably already mentioned in the post before, but there are so many post. :) ]

I have applied for PR Visa to ACT. i have been assigned a CO and are in the last but one, final leg of this journey. the PR Visa was applied for My husband, myself and my kid. I want to take my mom with me too. She is not dependent on me, as my dad is working in a different country. Yes, she can stay with him however, i would like her to be with me until my dad can migrate to Aus too.

Questions:

What are the options for taking my mom along with me when i make the move to Aus?

Would i have to wait a minimum period of time before she can come with me?

hi all, i had a question. [its probably already mentioned in the post before, but there are so many post. :) ]

I have applied for PR Visa to ACT. i have been assigned a CO and are in the last but one, final leg of this journey. the PR Visa was applied for My husband, myself and my kid. I want to take my mom with me too. She is not dependent on me, as my dad is working in a different country. Yes, she can stay with him however, i would like her to be with me until my dad can migrate to Aus too.

Questions:

What are the options for taking my mom along with me when i make the move to Aus?

Would i have to wait a minimum period of time before she can come with me?

Hi

It's my understanding you will have to be 'settled' for 2 years before you can sponsor your parents and they would have to have a CPV173 (temporary visa) or CPV143 (permanant visa). Hope this helps.

Phoebe

Questions:

Would she perhaps be able to go with you on a visitor visa? Alternatively once you are permanent and living in Australia you could sponsor her for a long term visitor visa lasting 3 years of up to 12 months in any 18 month period.

Hi

It's my understanding you will have to be 'settled' for 2 years before you can sponsor your parents and they would have to have a CPV173 (temporary visa) or CPV143 (permanant visa). Hope this helps.

Phoebe

Thank you, but i was looking for an option to take her with me when i make the move.

Questions:

Would she perhaps be able to go with you on a visitor visa? Alternatively once you are permanent and living in Australia you could sponsor her for a long term visitor visa lasting 3 years of up to 12 months in any 18 month period.

Thanks, i believe that on a visitor visa,the duration is less, approx. 1 month?

Regarding the 2nd option, wouldnt i have to pay a bond to the goverment?

Hi there, another newby. I put in an application for a 143 (old persons cont. visa!) in June, so we won't hear anything for a very long time. I did look at the 600 visa, but they only talk about people waiting on the 103 visa (don't know which it is). So haven't done anything as I don't want to mess the 143 application. Do find the immigration info. Difficult to understand sometimes, and I like to think that I am fairly with it! My daughter has PR so effectively there would not be any probs.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

[quote=tht;:nah:

I am not sure where your home country is but the details are here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/600/

and here

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/600/applicants.htm

Questions:

Thanks, i believe that on a visitor visa,the duration is less, approx. 1 month?

Regarding the 2nd option, wouldnt i have to pay a bond to the goverment?

Thank you all for the information. I will check up on the links provided.

We have 2 new free factsheets available:

* Going onshore to apply for a visa: What you should know

and

* Aged Parent visas (subclass 804) vs Contributory Parent visas (subclass 143)

Anyone who would like a copy of either or both of these should send an email to immi@gomatilda.com with your name in the body of the email, and details of the factsheet/s you would like us to send to you.

Best regards.

Update.

I have been discussing Contributory Parent (subclass 143) and Aged Parent (subclass 804) visas with my colleague Sarah White today.

Sarah mentioned the Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) as a pathway that is not used so often as the subclass 143 option.

She also said that processing times are less for the 864 than the 143, at typically 9 to 12 months, rather than 15 to 18 months.

As for the subclass 804 Aged Parent visa, you must be onshore to apply for a Contributory Aged Parent visa - and there are appeal rights available in the event of an adverse decision (eg if the settled sponsor issue is problematic).

Best regards.

Guest piramida
So glad to hear you finally made it. A long wait but worth it I am sure. Enjoy your new life in Australia.

Thank you Linday very much. We realy enjoy I do not want thinking about time when we waiting for visa.

Update.

I have been discussing Contributory Parent (subclass 143) and Aged Parent (subclass 804) visas with my colleague Sarah White today.

Sarah mentioned the Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) as a pathway that is not used so often as the subclass 143 option.

She also said that processing times are less for the 864 than the 143, at typically 9 to 12 months, rather than 15 to 18 months.

As for the subclass 804 Aged Parent visa, you must be onshore to apply for a Contributory Aged Parent visa - and there are appeal rights available in the event of an adverse decision (eg if the settled sponsor issue is problematic).

Best regards.

Can't get a proper look at the 864 ATM just had a quick glance. It appears to have the same criteria as 143/173 or am I missing something?

Phoebe

Update.

Best regards.

Thank you, this is good information as i was always that a CPV or Aged Parents Visa would take a long time. So as i understand, in order for my parents to get the Visa, i need to be in Australia. is there any time frame (regarding being onshore) before i apply for my parents. Can i apply a Visitor visa for my parents before i make my first entry to Australia?

Hi Phoebe. So sorry to hear that your op was cancelled at the 11th hour! I know you just want it over and done with - I would be the same. Let's hope you don't have to wait too long for another date. Good luck! Angie

Thanks Angie just waiting for the phone to ring again just need it done so I can concentrate on recovery !!

Phoebe