Guest guest36187

Guest piramida

Hello to everybody, I just want tell that today CO inform us we have to pay 2 VAC. I just want tell you that we waiting long time, and it was frustrated, but now I know that just must to be patient. Thank you for help and understanding.

Guest piramida
That's great news for you :)

Yes, it is. We are so happy today, and I understand all of you how is hard to waiting. Thank you

Guest piramida
That is wonderful news Piramida....... I am very happy for you and hope you will soon be leaving Cyprus to join your family in Sydney!

Best Wishes for your new life downunder, Andy

Hi Andy, nice to talk with you again. Thank you very much for your wishes. Thank you for your every nice word, undersand and support. Lepa

If the balance of family test can't be satisfied your parents are unlikely to have a long term visa pathway available - unless they have sufficient personal wealth as to look at a subclass 405 visa.

Alternatively, possibly a business skills visa if they are business owners or successful investors.

How old are your parents?

Thanks for the replies, my dad is 70 and my mum is 65, and she is still working part time in the UK. May look into just the visitor visa for when she does finally retire. They wouldn't be able to get a business but would have money from the house. Some things to think about!!!

Thanks again for the replies, very much appreciated xx

Hi All,

I'm an Australian Citizen, looking to apply for my mom long-term 3 years visitor visa. She has been in Australia for 3 months 4 years ago, and satisfied all the visa's conditions. I tried to find an application for Long term tourist visa but unable to do so, at the moment we just use the normal tourist visa with my invitation letter attached.

Does anyone know if I should apply as a normal tourist visa and the person inviting her is myself and my partner / or a different form, will the 3 years visa be granted automatically? I'm confused as how the immigration department will know if the applicant wish to apply for short/long term visa?

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently been to Australia on 3 yrs visitor's visa (with maximum 1 yr stay at a time). The procedure I followed was, I got an invitation letter and the bank statement from my son , a citizen of Australia. I applied for normal visitor's visa (with my documents too). There is an option in the visa form for the tenure you want to reside in Australia (3 months/6 months/1 year). I opted for 1 year. They had contacted me for getting my medical done. I did my medical and got the 3 yr visa with a maximum stay of 1 yr at a time. But I had applied for a CPV before applying for this visa. However, DIAC is giving 3 yrs visa to parents who have not applied for CPV also.

If you need any further info please let me know.

Buleray

Hi,

I have recently been to Australia on 3 yrs visitor's visa (with maximum 1 yr stay at a time). The procedure I followed was, I got an invitation letter and the bank statement from my son , a citizen of Australia. I applied for normal visitor's visa (with my documents too). There is an option in the visa form for the tenure you want to reside in Australia (3 months/6 months/1 year). I opted for 1 year. They had contacted me for getting my medical done. I did my medical and got the 3 yr visa with a maximum stay of 1 yr at a time. But I had applied for a CPV before applying for this visa. However, DIAC is giving 3 yrs visa to parents who have not applied for CPV also.

If you need any further info please let me know.

Buleray

Thank you really much, I will have a look again into the option in the form. Thanks a lot.

Guest piramida

Hi everybody,

I have one question - My visa is Subclass 173 - Shell I buy one way ticket, or return? Please help if anybody knows

Thank you

Hi everybody,

I have one question - My visa is Subclass 173 - Shell I buy one way ticket, or return? Please help if anybody knows

Thank you

If you are intending to stay and apply for the 143 in Australia then there is no problem in buying a one way ticket. This is what we did, although a single was almost as much as a return!

Guest piramida
I suggest you book a return ticket if you plan to return to the country from which you travelled within 12 months of departure ... otherwise a one way ticket.

Best regards.

I do not have plan to return, but one lady from Travel Agency, told me that is low, and i can not believe that is true, because we will just later apply for Subclass 143

Thank you

Guest piramida
If you are intending to stay and apply for the 143 in Australia then there is no problem in buying a one way ticket. This is what we did, although a single was almost as much as a return!

Thank you Linday. So you did not buy return ticket, and you did not have any problem. Please can you tell me when did you travel?

Edited by piramida

Guest piramida
Hi piramida

We travelled to Australia in June 2011. We just booked our tickets online.

Thank you very much

Just want to be sure...can my parent who is eligible to apply for a 143/173 CPV apply for a tourist visa or long stay parents visa whilst the 143/173 is being processed?

What happens if the 143/173 is issued whilst she is visiting or should she just let the immigration/CO know and then it's ok?

Just want to be sure...can my parent who is eligible to apply for a 143/173 CPV apply for a tourist visa or long stay parents visa whilst the 143/173 is being processed?

What happens if the 143/173 is issued whilst she is visiting or should she just let the immigration/CO know and then it's ok?

hi lou, you should inform your CO about your parents' plans, current whereabouts. By right, parents have to be offshore when the visa is about to be granted..

sorry I was referring to cpv143/173

Thanks for the feedback. I know she needs to offshore when granted. We've got my SILs wedding in Australia in October so MIL wants to be sure she can go I the wedding whilst her 143/173 visa is being processed.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Health / travel insurance

Hi all

Just a thought - if visiting Oz for the maximum 1year - what sort of costs are involved in medical insurance for that period? Obviously it depends on age / state of health but would be interested to know what others have paid, just to get an idea.