Guest guest36187

Thanks for answering that for me.

I've just been going through the information that's changed, and virtually the whole of the form 47A that they submitted for my sister "Details of child or other dependant family member aged 18 years or over" is now totally incorrect. Can they submit a whole new form or withdraw this form (saying she's no longer dependant) or do they have to try and fit all the changes on the notification form?

I'll have to duck out of this exchange here, as this is the sort of detailed advice for which our clients pay a fee.

Best regards.

Recently they asked me to pay within 28 days which seems to be the standard, but I would think that they are a bit negotiable on this, within reason, provided you keep your CO informed?

btw ZephynAndy, i see your footnotes below saying that you have your 'visa granted=16/05'...wow congrats!

Thanks, I have to admit that just reading the grant-email elated me to the extent of shedding a tear of joy..... :biggrin:

I'm guessing you're expecting yours soon as well Ginnyfrank seeing as you're questioning how the 2nd VAC works?

yes getting there. praying i reach the finish line ;)

Hi All, I'm here now 4 months and really settling in, still keeping an eye on this site and understand all the worries and frustrations. I have my temporary visa now and trying to earn the money to get the permanent parent migration visa. Just wondering if anyone could help, totally unrelated. A friend of mine is going back to Ireland and has toolbox he wants sent back would weigh about 300 kgs + , he is in no hurry so it wouldnt matter how long it would take to get there. Many thanks, Fran.

Hi eveveryone

Haven't been on for a while still marking time for the Op I need which I was told would be around Ja/Feb 2014!

Got a call from hospital on Thursday to ask if I would consider having it done at another hospital to bring it forward (Neuro Surgeons are thin on the ground) naturally I said yes so just waiting for appointment to meet new surgeon and hopefully get a date. :-)

Im daring now to think about finally getting to Oz to see my family it's been 2 years :-(

As our next trip is going to be a reccy I was just wondering. Have you or anyone you know returned back to your/their home country? I was just wondering if you/your friend has what happens to the CPV that was paid initially to Centrelink and (as I understand it) held by them for 10 years. Was it refunded to you?

BTW Congratulations Summerdaisy I hope Oz is all you wanted it to be :-)

Phoebe x

Hi eveveryone

Haven't been on for a while still marking time for the Op I need which I was told would be around Ja/Feb 2014!

Got a call from hospital on Thursday to ask if I would consider having it done at another hospital to bring it forward (Neuro Surgeons are thin on the ground) naturally I said yes so just waiting for appointment to meet new surgeon and hopefully get a date. :-)

Im daring now to think about finally getting to Oz to see my family it's been 2 years :-(

As our next trip is going to be a reccy I was just wondering. Have you or anyone you know returned back to your/their home country? I was just wondering if you/your friend has what happens to the CPV that was paid initially to Centrelink and (as I understand it) held by them for 10 years. Was it refunded to you?

BTW Congratulations Summerdaisy I hope Oz is all you wanted it to be :-)

Phoebe x

I assume you are talking about the AOS bond? Have a look here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.htm

Hi Phoebe,

Just wanted to say - how strange - I was thinking about you yesterday, as you had gone so quiet, and debating whether to put a post on asking if you were okay - and here you are! I must be psychic. That's fantastic news about your (prospective) earlier op. Fingers crossed it goes through quickly ... you deserve some luck now. Kath

Guest julie299

Hi all,

Although I've been reading this forum for a while, this is my first post.

My parents are in Australia at the moment, they got 3 years 676 visitor visas with 12 months stay on each entry. And '8503 no further stay' condition. We decided to apply for PCV 143 visa now. Our plan is to fly to NZ for few days and apply while they are in NZ. However a have few questions, would appreciate if anyone can help me with those

1. Because of the 'no further stay' condition, they must be outside at the time of application. What is exactly 'time of application'?

a. Date we put on the applcation form?

b. Date we post the application?

c. Date the application is received by department?

d. Anything else?

2. I found this in form 40 'Sponsor must be ... settled and resident in Australia at the time the application is lodged'. Does it mean I have to be in Australia and can not go with them to NZ?

3. Sponsor must be settled. Does it mean LAST two years in Australia or just two years in total? I have Australian citizenship already and lived here much more than 2 years but during the last two years I spent almost 1 year overseas continuously - decided to visit my family. I only have car, job and rent a house here in Australia, I'm single, no kids.

4. I suppose stupid question ... If for some reason they don't get 143 visa (for example CO decides what I'm not settled yet), their 676 visa still will be valid?

5. Is it possible for their 676 visa to be cancelled because now they have intention to live in Australia permanently?

Thanks 

Guest julie299
Ginny,

As I understand it, the 2nd VAC is at the published fees at the time of acknowledgement.

​Mike

Acknowledgement? You mean acknowledgement letter? Isn't it the time of lodgement?

Guest cheersmile

May I know what is the current waiting period for contributory visa? My parents applied for their contributory visa this Feb. My parents came here for 1 year tourist visa in 2010 Dec. Stayed for a year till Dec 2011 and left. They came back again after 6 months in August 2012 on tourist visa itself and they have to leave this country in this September (they exited the country this Feb for a month to apply for contributory visa), My question is do they have to stay for another 6 months outside the country or they would be eligible for tourist visa again, now that rules have changed for tourist visa and as well as my parents have showed their intention very clear to migrate.

Thanks

Guest guest72525

Julie

My dad also had the no-further stay clause on his tourist visa (my mum didn't!!). they went to Bali (as we are in Perth) for about 5 nights. The date of application on the form was during their time in Bali. I had the application couriered to the Parents Visa Centre in Perth because I wanted to be sure that it would arrive while they were IN Bali. It was then signed for by someone at the PVC so we knew it was received while they were in Bali, and had the records of the courier to prove it.

The date of acknowlegement is different to the date of lodgement (ie date it was received by the PVC). My parents' date of acknowledgement was about 2 weeks after we lodged the application (by which time they were back in Perth), but I believe it can take up to 6 weeks to get to get acknowledgement.

I don't see that not getting their 143 would affect their tourist visas. I would never tell any immigration official that they "intend to live in Australia permanently" as this could lead to problems (although I know what you mean by it).

I am afraid I can't advise about the settled for 2 years issue. I would phone the DIAC help-line to check that out.

Hope this helps a bit

Michelle

Hi All

I have been a member for quite sometime and after reading through all the posts several times on this thread and realising what nice friendly and helpful people you all are I have finally plucked up courage to participate and post some questions to you.

My hubby and I are both 66, retired and drawing full state pensions and a small work pension each. Our only son went out to Australia in 2009 on a student visa, returned home after a year then within a couple of months went back, again on a student visa. Whilst there he met the girl of his dreams and moved in with her. Both of them then came over to England and lived with us for 10 months during which time he applied for a De Facto visa, they went back to Australia, he on a tourist visa, until his tempory DF visa was granted, he just popped over to New Zealand to collect it. That was in March 2012, and hopefully his permanent residency will be granted in October this year.

We have visited Oz several times over the years, and now that our Son is looking to live there permanently, I would dearly like to be there as well, we have no siblings and both sets of parents are dead, so apart from very good friends, we have no ties in the Uk. But I have one big problem, my OH doesn't think we could afford to live there on our pensions, we would have very little left By the time we have paid for a PCV etc, even after selling our house, also we are both on meds for high blood pressure and Hubby is also on Warfarin he seems to think that private health care and meds would bo cost prohibitive and also we would probably have to find somewhere to rent as our son and partner are sharing a house with his partners sister.

Just wondered if any one on the forum were in a similar situation financially and health wise and if they were managing to make ends meet.

Cheers Deejee

Hi All

I have been a member for quite sometime and after reading through all the posts several times on this thread and realising what nice friendly and helpful people you all are I have finally plucked up courage to participate and post some questions to you.

My hubby and I are both 66, retired and drawing full state pensions and a small work pension each. Our only son went out to Australia in 2009 on a student visa, returned home after a year then within a couple of months went back, again on a student visa. Whilst there he met the girl of his dreams and moved in with her. Both of them then came over to England and lived with us for 10 months during which time he applied for a De Facto visa, they went back to Australia, he on a tourist visa, until his tempory DF visa was granted, he just popped over to New Zealand to collect it. That was in March 2012, and hopefully his permanent residency will be granted in October this year.

We have visited Oz several times over the years, and now that our Son is looking to live there permanently, I would dearly like to be there as well, we have no siblings and both sets of parents are dead, so apart from very good friends, we have no ties in the Uk. But I have one big problem, my OH doesn't think we could afford to live there on our pensions, we would have very little left By the time we have paid for a PCV etc, even after selling our house, also we are both on meds for high blood pressure and Hubby is also on Warfarin he seems to think that private health care and meds would bo cost prohibitive and also we would probably have to find somewhere to rent as our son and partner are sharing a house with his partners sister.

Just wondered if any one on the forum were in a similar situation financially and health wise and if they were managing to make ends meet.

Cheers Deejee

Hi Deejee

Basically it is a matter of individual circumstances which i happen to believe are usually unique.In all probability your own objective decision would be best. I am not sermonizing, this is the hard reality.As a couple one has to do reality check again and again before paying nearly one hundred thousand AUD including 14000 for AOS bond. I returned from OZ a fortnight ago after three months stay.The GP would write generic medicine which is supposed to be as good as branded medicine but one half its actual cost. For the common antibiotic Ciprofloxacin 500mg tabs[generic and not branded] I had to pay AUD 50 for ten tabs. GP fee was AUD 150 and appointment came after two weeks. My overseas insurance did not cover out patient consultation. In Medicare beyond a basic charge one has to pay the difference from pocket.For protracted medication OZ is an expensive place.I hope that your circumstances may perhaps improve health-wise if you go to live in Canberra or Melbourne.Two bedroom apartment rent alone would cost at least 12000 to 14000 AUD p.a.After my repeated visits to OZ in last eight years i can say that Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra are no less expensive than living here in west London.Despite all its critics the NHS is better than Medicare in OZ.I wish that life was just a sum total of money, but it is lot more complex than that.At least in my personal life the planning has worked only for short time.Perhaps destiny has already chartered the course of our lives and we the "humble" human beings are permitted perhaps only short deviations.If you are destined to live in OZ, rest assured that time will carry you there.

Regards

Edited by mmant

Thanks for the quick reply, it looks like Hubby was right:mad: I was wondering if we should apply for a 103 and then change it if circumstances altered, if we did that would we still be able to visit on a tourist visa?

Hi Deejee

We are not able to go at the moment because my elderly mother is still alive, but we also have grave reservations about coughing up all that money. We applied for a 103 in February because 1) At least our names were then on a list and 2) If you are on the list for a 103 you can get a new 5 year parent visa which does not give residence but allows you to go in and out for five years, staying up to a year at a time. (Non-103 candidates can get one but only for 3 years). I think a year would give you chance to try it out properly and see where the money went before committing yourself.

We too have our only child out there, settled, just become a citizen and I know its very hard. But I am not giving up hope, and constantly come up with new wheezes. You may be interested in exploring the possibility of applying for a PR visa from within Australia, discussed a few times on this site.

Good luck!

Hi All

My partner and I are trying to get a PR visa at this present time and fingers crossed there should be very few problems according to our agent (Go Matilda). My partner is an only child and we have just had our first (and last) child, so she is an only Grandchild on her mothers side.

Would my partners parent be able to apply for Parental visas? What are the estimated costs? And what medicals would they have to complete? Is there anything that would exclude them from getting a visa in the medicals?

Regards

Thank you Fisher1, I will suggest your idea to my OH, do you know if there is a reciprocal agreement with Medicare if we applied for the new 5 year visa after we have applied for a 103, we would of course still take out some sort of medical insurance. I am not giving up hope yet.