Guest guest36187

What is that Form 80 with 18 pages.... My Form 80 had just 8 pages

Hi there. Form 80 does have 18 pages to complete. If your form was printed on both sides of the paper there should have been 9 sheets in total. Are you certain you only had 8? Anyway I'm sure your CO would query it with you if the form was incomplete. Angie

Guest piramida
Hi there. Form 80 does have 18 pages to complete. If your form was printed on both sides of the paper there should have been 9 sheets in total. Are you certain you only had 8? Anyway I'm sure your CO would query it with you if the form was incomplete. Angie

Today we talk with CO with form 80 everything is OK, just we have any problem with Medical, but we are healthy and we talk with doctor when we finish Medical everything was ok, and now there is same problem. That Form our CO send to as when we have to fill. Now we worry about this problem with Medical. Do you know something about it.

Today we talk with CO with form 80 everything is OK, just we have any problem with Medical, but we are healthy and we talk with doctor when we finish Medical everything was ok, and now there is same problem. That Form our CO send to as when we have to fill. Now we worry about this problem with Medical. Do you know something about it.

I'm afraid I can't help you with this one as our medicals went through okay. Maybe someone in a similar situation to your own will be able to assist. There must be loads of other parents out there that had problems with their medical but still had a visa granted. I know it's difficult not to worry but I'm sure everything will be fine. Angie

Guest piramida
I'm afraid I can't help you with this one as our medicals went through okay. Maybe someone in a similar situation to your own will be able to assist. There must be loads of other parents out there that had problems with their medical but still had a visa granted. I know it's difficult not to worry but I'm sure everything will be fine. Angie

Thank you very much, my son think that is problem because our doctor did not send Medical on line.

Hi Piramida

We are on the long list because we cant leave yet. It's not about the money (although it is very expensive) - I have an elderly mother and I cant leave her. Wont leave her. It's never easy is it?

I hope the hold up with your medical is sorted out soon, you must feel very frustrated and worried.

Kath

Guest piramida
Hi Piramida

We are on the long list because we cant leave yet. It's not about the money (although it is very expensive) - I have an elderly mother and I cant leave her. Wont leave her. It's never easy is it?

I hope the hold up with your medical is sorted out soon, you must feel very frustrated and worried.

Kath

Dear Kath,

I understand you completely because you do not want to leave the old mother. My mother will stay with my brother and that's very difficult for me, but I have no choice because our children living in Australia. Our life is a story for the book. Now we are very concerned when will end this problem about Medical. I hope it's just a problem that we did not sent on line. CO said that the verification takes one month to three months. I do not know how to survive this waiting.

You are all so lucky to be at least in the process! Half of me is desperate to just cut and run, the prospect of one of us developing some ghastly (visa stopping) medical condition while we look after mum is something I cant even think about. I think the best refuge for everyone is to trust to luck. If we are meant to be there we will be there. I must admit, I take a certain comfort from calculating that if we were ultimately refused entry, we could use the squillions of dollars we hadnt paid the oz govmt to pay for cruises to oz and back every other year. By the time we had run through all our savings ( aka our daughters inheritance - poetic justice if you ask me) I reckon we would be either dead or gaga. I call this plan B - it makes me smile and keeps me sane. :biggrin: So does this web site.

Edited by Fisher1

You are all so lucky to be at least in the process! Half of me is desperate to just cut and run, the prospect of one of us developing some ghastly (visa stopping) medical condition while we look after mum is something I cant even think about. I think the best refuge for everyone is to trust to luck. If we are meant to be there we will be there. I must admit, I take a certain comfort from calculating that if we were ultimately refused entry, we could use the squillions of dollars we hadnt paid the oz govmt to pay for cruises to oz and back every other year. By the time we had run through all our savings ( aka our daughters inheritance - poetic justice if you ask me) I reckon we would be either dead or gaga. I call this plan B - it makes me smile and keeps me sane. :biggrin: So does this web site.

I like your positive way of thinking with your plan B! I will try to think that way, too.

Hi all

Serendipity - we finally got an official acknowledgement of our 103 visa application today - the same day our daughter rang to say she had had her ceremony and was now officially an Australian citizen.

She gave us a hilarious account of the ceremony, which apparently consisted of fifteen minutes in an office in or very close to the railway station. The invitation stressed 'only one guest, no drinks or nibbles provided and please leave quietly without disturbing people in other offices' so she and her partner weren't expecting much. Having been assured there was no need to sing 'Advance Australia Fair' at the end, she and the other new ozzies were stunned to be asked for a quick burst of patriotic song. The Swedish guy in front of her claimed to know all the words, so encouraged by his girlfriend offered a rousing chorus of 'God save the Queen.' Lovely. :biggrin:

Hi,

Last April my wife and I applied for 143s, application acknowledged on 12 April, 2012.

We have just received an email from 'the officer responsible for processing this application' requesting that we proceed with Health Checks and Police Checks; progress the Assurance of Support, and complete Form 80 - Character Assessment. Am I right in assuming that this is prior to a Case Officer being appointed, which I would expect to around August given the current timings on the progress checker?

Over the last 10 years we have spent more than a year cumulatively staying with our daughter, so we need an Australian police check. Advice please on how we complete Section 5: Current and Previous Residential Address of the application form. By current address do they mean our UK address and use previous address for my daughter in Oz? Or the other way around? Do people attach a simple note explaining stays in the Oz address were for periods up to 3 months spread over 10 years?

​Rowley

Guest piramida
Hi,

Last April my wife and I applied for 143s, application acknowledged on 12 April, 2012.

We have just received an email from 'the officer responsible for processing this application' requesting that we proceed with Health Checks and Police Checks; progress the Assurance of Support, and complete Form 80 - Character Assessment. Am I right in assuming that this is prior to a Case Officer being appointed, which I would expect to around August given the current timings on the progress checker?

Over the last 10 years we have spent more than a year cumulatively staying with our daughter, so we need an Australian police check. Advice please on how we complete Section 5: Current and Previous Residential Address of the application form. By current address do they mean our UK address and use previous address for my daughter in Oz? Or the other way around? Do people attach a simple note explaining stays in the Oz address were for periods up to 3 months spread over 10 years?

​Rowley

Hello, I am in same position like you. Just we applied 173 Subclass. We got mail from CO in February and we made Medical exam, Police Checks and Form 80. This Form 80 we got from our CO. Our Form was with just 8 pages. Yes, you need Australian police check. I do on line and my daughter in law paid. When they got it must send to CO with email, and keep copy and later when CO ask send original. In my Form 80 I we have provide all address where we living last ten years and we have write every address where we been in Australia. So start ten years ago, and write your address in UK, then period where you been in AU and address there, and when you back to UK again address in UK. My English is not very good but I hope that help you.

Lepa

Guest piramida
Piramida your English is very good - its hard to write in your second language.

Thank you very much, it is very nice compliment

Guest piramida
Hi Piramida,

Maybe more info would help somebody answer your query. Which city/panel doctors did your Meds? Were your Meds done in the UK or in another country?

Andy

It was in Cyprus in Nicosia. We made Medical exam 18. February 2013, and doctor do not send on line we give to Australian Embassy and they send to Sydney.

Edited by piramida

Guest piramida
My Meds were done in Manchester UK. I did all the Meds with the doctor + nurse and the chest X-Ray and HIV blood test on the same day.... It was a Tuesday or Wednesday if I recall correctly... and I was told the doctor was going to submit all the results together online on the Saturday. When my CO was appointed one month later she told me that my Meds had already been received but still needed to be assessed by the Australian-Panel, which could take up to four months.

I am not sure I fully understand your question. Do you only need to know when to expect the Australian-Panel to have assessed your Meds? Or do you think that the Australian-Panel have not yet received all the correct info in order for them to assess for your Meds?

I see from the DIAC website that there are designated panel doctors for Cyprus... http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/c/cyprus/panel-doctors.htm .... so if your Meds were done by one of them I would think it would all be fine, but just take a bit longer for the Meds info to get to the Australian-Panel?

Thank you very much, now I understand, I did all same like you, doctor, chest X-Ray and HIV blood test just I brought to Australian Embassy, my CO before one week told me that we have to waiting tree months. I was surprised, why that long. I worry that something was wrong with my Medical exam, I think that doctor maybe make same mistake or something wrong with me. I do not understand why they need tree month to check it. We do very close Medical exam, if you have same new information please tell me and If I have same news I will tell you. I think it is maximum tree month (My CO told me tree month) maybe done before. Thank you

P.S. Please can you tell me did you paid AoS or not jet

Edited by piramida

Guest piramida

That is now strange for me, you have to wait tree month for checking Medical, but you already paid AoS it is fanny. Whether already packed for the trip to Australia, I am still stressful about Medical will be everything OK.

Edited by piramida