Guest guest36187

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Thanks Andy. With the housing market the way it is I thought it would be best to put it on now. I probably won't get a CO until about July/August so if the house sells sooner I will go to Australia on a tourist visa and await my 173. The other reason of course I need the money from the house to pay for the visa !!

Regards, Cath

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share my excitement........house went on the market yesterday and I have a viewing tomorrow night. It is pretty daunting as I have been in this house for 30 years - can't even remember selling my previous home. I see from the tracker that there has been a couple of case officer allocations - not much movement recently.

Regards, Cath

Good luck with the viewing Cath. We had lived in our house for 30 years too so know how you feel. Angie

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share my excitement........house went on the market yesterday and I have a viewing tomorrow night. It is pretty daunting as I have been in this house for 30 years - can't even remember selling my previous home. I see from the tracker that there has been a couple of case officer allocations - not much movement recently.

Regards, Cath

Hi Cath - I too, am about to put my house on the market that I have lived in for over 40 years and I agree that it is very daunting! I also noticed that a couple of case officer allocations have been made. I got my case officer on Tuesday almost 13 months to the day of my acknowledgement date last March so perhaps things are beginning to move along. Good luck with the house sale and your move to Oz.

Hi Cath - I too, am about to put my house on the market that I have lived in for over 40 years and I agree that it is very daunting! I also noticed that a couple of case officer allocations have been made. I got my case officer on Tuesday almost 13 months to the day of my acknowledgement date last March so perhaps things are beginning to move along. Good luck with the house sale and your move to Oz.

Good luck to you both!

There must be some pent-up demand, surely, after the dreadful winter the UK reportedly has had.

​Mike

I have lived in twelve different houses during the past 30 years and have a tip for all you long stay people - aquaint yourself with your local tip, pronto:biggrin:

Oh and good luck with it all. It's surprising how quickly a house becomes home once you have your own things around you. My only problem is with the layout - I once woke up in the dark and couldnt remember where the bedroom door was ......

Guest guest72525

Hello all

My parents' application was acknowledged just over 10 months ago, so hopefully there will be about a 4 month wait left for a case officer, given current allocations of COs. They have just done their medicals.

I wonder if someone who has been through the process could please let me know how it works from here. This is my understanding:

1) they get a case officer in about August

2) My husband (who is the assurer of support) has to then make an appointment to see Centrelink

3) Wait of about 3 weeks for appointment with Centrelink

4) Payment of AOS after appointment

5) Request of 2nd visa payment once AOS is acknowleged

6) Hopefully, granting of visa

Is this correct? We want the process to be as quick as possible once they have a case officer, as they (and we) have found the wait very difficult (as everyone does) and we all want to settle down.

Thank you

Michelle

Hello all

My parents' application was acknowledged just over 10 months ago, so hopefully there will be about a 4 month wait left for a case officer, given current allocations of COs. They have just done their medicals.

I wonder if someone who has been through the process could please let me know how it works from here. This is my understanding:

1) they get a case officer in about August

2) My husband (who is the assurer of support) has to then make an appointment to see Centrelink

3) Wait of about 3 weeks for appointment with Centrelink

4) Payment of AOS after appointment

5) Request of 2nd visa payment once AOS is acknowleged

6) Hopefully, granting of visa

Is this correct? We want the process to be as quick as possible once they have a case officer, as they (and we) have found the wait very difficult (as everyone does) and we all want to settle down.

Thank you

Michelle

Hi Michelle. That sounds pretty much how it went for us but we also had to pay for police checks and send the reports to Perth. We were also asked to complete and submit a Form 80. The form is straightforward enough but frustrating to complete as it's mainly duplicating information already provided on the initial application. Your parents may not even be asked to submit this form because, for some reason, it's not always requested. The waiting is painful but the time will soon pass. Angie

Guest piramida
Hi Michelle. That sounds pretty much how it went for us but we also had to pay for police checks and send the reports to Perth. We were also asked to complete and submit a Form 80. The form is straightforward enough but frustrating to complete as it's mainly duplicating information already provided on the initial application. Your parents may not even be asked to submit this form because, for some reason, it's not always requested. The waiting is painful but the time will soon pass. Angie

Hello, Please can you help me. It was 2. April when our original Police Clarence and Form 80 get in Perth. Please what is next, and how long we have to wait to next step. Thank you

Guest guest72525

Thanks for the confirmation. They are organising their police clearances at the moment, but I will suggest that they fill in the Form 80 in advance, in case it is requested. It does look very long and involved!!

Guest guest72525

Why don't you email your case officer and ask him/her? When I did my visa (general skilled migration then, we are sponsoring my parents now), I found my CO very helpful and quick to respond to any queries, even one I had after my visa was granted!

Guest piramida

Hello, Please can you help me. It was 2. April when our original Police Clarence and Form 80 get in Perth. Please what is next, and how long we have to wait to next step. Thank you

Why don't you email your case officer and ask him/her? When I did my visa (general skilled migration then, we are sponsoring my parents now), I found my CO very helpful and quick to respond to any queries, even one I had after my visa was granted!

I think this answer from Learjet was for you.. you have a CO so that person should be able to help you :biggrin:

Guest piramida

Every morning I check my email, and every day is like one year. Many years we have been waitintg to meet all requirements to apply for parent visa

Hi Piramida

I know how you feel.

We have applied for a non-contributing parents visa (waiting list of ten years!)

Our application was delivered on February 22nd and we are still waiting for confimation of receipt.

We will not be moving for a long time, but I will worry until I know that we are definitely on the list.

I think we just have to be patient for a little while longer.

Best wishes

Kath

Edited by Fisher1

Guest piramida
Hi Piramida

I know how you feel.

We have applied for a non-contributing parents visa (waiting list of ten years!)

Our application was delivered on February 22nd and we are still waiting for confimation of receipt.

We will not be moving for a long time, but I will worry until I know that we are definitely on the list.

I think we just have to be patient for a little while longer.

Best wishes

Kath

Dear Kath,

Thank you very much. I wish you all the best and patience, it is long time to wait. I know it is to much money for contributory visa, we have to pay, but if you borrow money or take credit is better then waiting so long. You can not pay time of your life. Best wishes

​Form 47PA parent visaHiya

just looking though the form ahead of my parents applying for the cont parent visa onshore and have a couple of questions -

A they ask for an ID card number which of course they don't have for oz ( neither do i so no idea what it actually means) So does this mean a passport or NI number on their case?

country of current residence? They are paying onshore but they technically live in the uk still so which is it, oz or uk?

any help would be great

cheers

Guest piramida

Hello, Please can you help me if anyone has problem similar like me. Today CO told us that there is same problem with our medical, but did not say what. Our doctor did not send our Medical on line, he told that he does not do that and we bring it in Australian Embassy and they send in Sydney. Now CO said that CO for Medical must check it because something is wrong and maybe take one to free months. Now I worry lot what is problem, and what will happen. Will our visa be refused.