Guest guest36187

Guest Gollywobbler
Hmmm. Not sure I accept that (very unusually for something you say, Gill!).

Surely it's not beyond the wit of wo/man to allocate a code number to each applicant, whatever the visa type, and let the system alert the CO when that payment has come in. Of course, there will always be the odd applicant who will make a mistake when filling in the reference number, but...

Mike

Hi Mike

You try persuading the IT boys in the public service to go along with anything, my friend!

I devised a system that would work perfectly from the point of view of the humans making it work. The IT boys said that their computer was not configured to do it in the way that I wanted to do it.

So they re-figured the whole thing from the point of view of their computer - in the way that would best suit their computer, apparently - and then told me to fit the human end of things round that.

If you are not an IT expert yourself (which I'm not) you have no bargaining chips to argue back with when the IT boys say that their computer would find it "impossible" to do something the way you think it should be done, As far as they are concerned, their computer is the master, not the servant.

Cheers

Gill

Hmmm. Not sure I accept that (very unusually for something you say, Gill!).

Surely it's not beyond the wit of wo/man to allocate a code number to each applicant, whatever the visa type, and let the system alert the CO when that payment has come in. Of course, there will always be the odd applicant who will make a mistake when filling in the reference number, but...

Mike

As self employed we have never found we have have paid someone else's tax or vis-visa because of the use of a reference number and there must be millions (of people) paying into that account.

It's more a question of will to change the system or add another option of payment, rather than if it can be done.

Hi everyone,

I am hopefully expecting a CO soon so I have had my meds and police check done in anticipation. My police check arrived in the post today but I can't find out where to send it! Can anyone help with this or should I wait until it is requested by CO?

Thanks for your help.

June

Hi everyone,

I am hopefully expecting a CO soon so I have had my meds and police check done in anticipation. My police check arrived in the post today but I can't find out where to send it! Can anyone help with this or should I wait until it is requested by CO?

Thanks for your help.

June

Hello June - Better to wait for your CO to request it I think.

Cheers

Steve

Guest guest36187
Thanks Steve. I'm getting so so excited now as we are so close that I just wanted to get it all done, LOL :laugh:

June, Time will go quick enough in time!! It seems so slow now but once they say `visa granted` you wonder where all the time went and why you never have enough hours to do everything else you want to do.

Good Luck with everything, hope that Australia brings you all you hope for x

Guest Maggie1

Dear Gill

I am new to this site and have been ploughing through the posts , particularly on the subject of Aged Parents Visas. Hubby and I are both 65 - pensioners - and are hoping to emigrate on the Aged Parents visas as our daughter and her family are in Sydney. I have read and understood the concept of the Aged Parents visa and can see how it makes sense to go on tourist visa, apply for the aged parents visa resulting in bridging visa and still be eligible as British Citizens to acccess the reciprocal health care arrangement. However, since it takes so many years ( I understand it to be 20 now) to be actually granted the aged parents visa how would we go about tranporting freight over there while only on a bidging visa. What, if any, are the restrictions? We want to buy our own home, preferably in a lifestyle village on central coast and think it would be cheaper to ship most of our stuff rather than buy band new. We have cosnidered the CPV but the enormous costs. I should add we have been permanent residents of South Africa for many years, therefore, due to terribel fluctuations in the Rand exchange rates we have far less capital in "real" money than we should have. Needless to say we're anxious to get out of here and had evey intention of retiring to UK (to be ear daughter until she and family up sticked to Oz 2 and a half years ago). I know I'm probably going over old ground with all these questions but are wary of pitfalls along the way. You have been such a help to so many peple on this thread I would be really grateful for some clarfications. Maggie1

June, Time will go quick enough in time!! It seems so slow now but once they say `visa granted` you wonder where all the time went and why you never have enough hours to do everything else you want to do.

Good Luck with everything, hope that Australia brings you all you hope for x

Thanks Joanne. I know it will be all go and I am sorting stuff out every day while I can.

My daughter, son in law and two grandchildren are out on the Gold Coast and have been in Oz for four years now. I can't wait to join them. I have had lots of visits out there and I know for sure that it's right for me.

All the best to you too x

We made an application for a CPV in December 2009 and according to the queue it is down to 10 people ahead of us. Has anyone any idea of how long it is likely to take before the "10" expires to zero ?

Guest Gollywobbler
Dear Gill

I am new to this site and have been ploughing through the posts , particularly on the subject of Aged Parents Visas. Hubby and I are both 65 - pensioners - and are hoping to emigrate on the Aged Parents visas as our daughter and her family are in Sydney. I have read and understood the concept of the Aged Parents visa and can see how it makes sense to go on tourist visa, apply for the aged parents visa resulting in bridging visa and still be eligible as British Citizens to acccess the reciprocal health care arrangement. However, since it takes so many years ( I understand it to be 20 now) to be actually granted the aged parents visa how would we go about tranporting freight over there while only on a bidging visa. What, if any, are the restrictions? We want to buy our own home, preferably in a lifestyle village on central coast and think it would be cheaper to ship most of our stuff rather than buy band new. We have cosnidered the CPV but the enormous costs. I should add we have been permanent residents of South Africa for many years, therefore, due to terribel fluctuations in the Rand exchange rates we have far less capital in "real" money than we should have. Needless to say we're anxious to get out of here and had evey intention of retiring to UK (to be ear daughter until she and family up sticked to Oz 2 and a half years ago). I know I'm probably going over old ground with all these questions but are wary of pitfalls along the way. You have been such a help to so many peple on this thread I would be really grateful for some clarfications. Maggie1

Hi Maggie

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

With regard to personal effects, surely they belong to your daughter in Oz and you would merely be sending her property to her? :wink:

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
We made an application for a CPV in December 2009 and according to the queue it is down to 10 people ahead of us. Has anyone any idea of how long it is likely to take before the "10" expires to zero ?

Hi MickP

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Which "queue" are you describing, please?

It sounds to me as if you are probably describing DIAC's "Queue Calculator" tool, which is below?

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-visa-processing-priorities.htm

If I am right, it is a waste of time to look at that because CPV applicants are not placed in an "Offical Queue" in the way that applicants for non-contributory Parent and Aged Parent visas are. The DIAC Queue Calculator has merely been given some dummy figures for Contributory Parents, just to prove to the IT people that the software works.

The only really reliable indicator for CPV applicants is the tracker website, which is here:

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

Sandch runs the tracker website. He is a member on here (and is a regular contributor to this thread.) He also more or less runs the CPV thread on British Expats, which is below:

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - Page 75 : British Expat Discussion Forum

The tracker that Steve (Sandch) only contains a tiny sample from amongst thousands of CPV applicants but at the same time. it is a large enough sample to be reliable. The "applications in progress" chart itself is here:

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

At the moment it is taking 15 or 16 months from the formal date of lodgement of your application until a Case Officer makes contact with you to start the final processing. The lodgement date is given in your acknowlegement letter, just below your Client Reference Number or whatever it is called. (It was at the top right hand corner of my mother's acknowledgement letter.)

On the applications in progress chart, if I were you I would keep an eye on Les Avalook's progress. He is an active contributor to both forums, this one and the British Expats forum, and he is bound to tell us when his CO makes contact with him, I reckon.

If you applied in December 2009, you are not likely to hear from a CO until about March or April 2011.

At the moment, I am watching Yomvard (Sandy and her husband Colin) because again, Sandy is taking great care to keep everyone informed of her progress and to contact Sandch regularly so that he receives the latest information from Sandy and updates the tracker website. Yomvard applied for their CPVs in April 2009 and heard from a CO in early August 2008. She has now been asked for the final payment - the 2nd Instalment - which she is organising at the moment.

I would suggest that you join the British Expats forum as well as this one and I would also suggest that you e-mail Sandch via the tracker website, to ask him to add your details to the applications in progress chart.

Which visa have you applied for? The sc 143 or the 173?

Are you using a migration agent?

Whereabouts in Oz are you headed for, please?

My mother has a CPV 143 and she now lives in Perth, West Australia.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Thanks for the reply. At least it gives me some insight into the "process". I'll certainly look at the contacts you have described. We are hopefully heading for somewhere around Brisbane though at the moment don't quite know which area as my son, a policemen, has been posted to Yeppoon. He loves it up there (not quite so keen on Rockhampton) but I guess he sees society's blacker parts than most of us. I still run a business over here as a vehicle insurance assessor and hope to still do some work over there but we'll see. The time lag may suit us a bit as the £ against the A$ isn't great at the moment and neither is the UK property market. Thanks for your info anyway.

Hi MickP

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Which "queue" are you describing, please?

It sounds to me as if you are probably describing DIAC's "Queue Calculator" tool, which is below?

Parent Visa Processing Priorities - Family - Visas & Immigration

If I am right, it is a waste of time to look at that because CPV applicants are not placed in an "Offical Queue" in the way that applicants for non-contributory Parent and Aged Parent visas are. The DIAC Queue Calculator has merely been given some dummy figures for Contributory Parents, just to prove to the IT people that the software works.

The only really reliable indicator for CPV applicants is the tracker website, which is here:

Sandch runs the tracker website. He is a member on here (and is a regular contributor to this thread.) He also more or less runs the CPV thread on British Expats, which is below:

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - Page 75 : British Expat Discussion Forum

The tracker that Steve (Sandch) only contains a tiny sample from amongst thousands of CPV applicants but at the same time. it is a large enough sample to be reliable. The "applications in progress" chart itself is here:

At the moment it is taking 15 or 16 months from the formal date of lodgement of your application until a Case Officer makes contact with you to start the final processing. The lodgement date is given in your acknowlegement letter, just below your Client Reference Number or whatever it is called. (It was at the top right hand corner of my mother's acknowledgement letter.)

On the applications in progress chart, if I were you I would keep an eye on Les Avalook's progress. He is an active contributor to both forums, this one and the British Expats forum, and he is bound to tell us when his CO makes contact with him, I reckon.

If you applied in December 2009, you are not likely to hear from a CO until about March or April 2011.

At the moment, I am watching Yomvard (Sandy and her husband Colin) because again, Sandy is taking great care to keep everyone informed of her progress and to contact Sandch regularly so that he receives the latest information from Sandy and updates the tracker website. Yomvard applied for their CPVs in April 2009 and heard from a CO in early August 2008. She has now been asked for the final payment - the 2nd Instalment - which she is organising at the moment.

I would suggest that you join the British Expats forum as well as this one and I would also suggest that you e-mail Sandch via the tracker website, to ask him to add your details to the applications in progress chart.

Which visa have you applied for? The sc 143 or the 173?

Are you using a migration agent?

Whereabouts in Oz are you headed for, please?

My mother has a CPV 143 and she now lives in Perth, West Australia.

Cheers

Gill

Another CPV application has made it to the "other side" today and got it's red star, yipeeee.

Won't be long for us now Les! You are just a little way behind me.

June (junejuno)

Hi Gill,

While on the suject of the queue calculator, I am on a 103 visa option and with the numbers being cut I was interested to see by how much because i have been watching it over the last 12 months. However it should have moved mid August but no change since mid July do we why? is it bust.

Rgds

Dave

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill,

While on the suject of the queue calculator, I am on a 103 visa option and with the numbers being cut I was interested to see by how much because i have been watching it over the last 12 months. However it should have moved mid August but no change since mid July do we why? is it bust.

Rgds

Dave

Hi Dave

I suspect that the Queue Calculator will be updated in mid-October or mid-November, once the PVC have granted pretty well all of the Parent 103 and Aged Parent 804 visas for 2010-2011. I know that they only change the Calculator once a month, in the middle of each month.

The numbers have been halved for 2010-2011. For this year, 700 Parent 103 and 300 Aged Parent 804 visas are available.

Cheers

Gill

We applied for our CPV (permanent) in April 2009, got our CO 6th Aug 2010, had medicals on 10th, police checks a week later. We had a couple of minor glitches so the 28 day deadline for returning forms has been extended to 19th October. We expect to pay our AoS shortly after that, then our 2nd VAC. Hopefully, we should get our visa Dec or Jan 2011 - doesn't leave us much time to sell home so we intend to have a holiday in around June next year, come back to sell house, then move to Port Macquarie SOON AS EVER POSSIBLE!!! Can't wait - but there's so much to do in between! Good luck to all those in the same boat (hmm - maybe a boat would be nicer tha flying??)

Thank's Gill, do you think the new Government is likley to change their tune next year and up the quota again, it's very frustrating all the same.

Rgds

Dave

Frustrating is the word Dave, but the trend is towards reducing immigration so the prospects are not exactly rosy. In the recent election, both political parties were stressing the need to keep numbers capped. Picking on family visas, especially parents who can provide stability for the young and economically active is narrow-minded, but that's government for you.

Cheers

Steve

Hi June, we applied in June 2009 and are also off to the Gold Coast, its a small world!

Got our medicals done in July, just away to do the police checks,oh and we sold out house last week,its all go, not sure where were are going mean time, have to be out of the house by the end of October so have to find somewhere to rent soon.

Hope we get out CO soon.

Good Luck to you too.

Wilma

IT'S ARRIVED....... our letter from the Australian Government confirming our acknowledgement date as 3rd September 2010.

It also states that they are currently processing applications from May 2009 so ATM it is looking like February/March before (hopefully) visa is granted.

First step done...........now where's Steven......... lol

IT'S ARRIVED....... our letter from the Australian Government confirming our acknowledgement date as 3rd September 2010.

It also states that they are currently processing applications from May 2009 so ATM it is looking like February/March before (hopefully) visa is granted.

First step done...........now where's Steven......... lol

Hi Phoebe

It's great to get that piece of paper isn't it? Although you know the money for the first VAC has been taken it still doesn't seem official, and also a bit scary, till you get it. You can now file it away and wait, wait, wait......

Are you going to ask Steve on BEP to add you to the tracker? Purely selfish from my point of view as then we won't be at the bottom any more! :biggrin:

cheers Linda