Guest guest36187

Guest guest72525

Hi Mattybe

I am afraid I am not an expert as we are still waiting for my parents to get a case officer, but, like your mum, they both have chronic medical conditions, are on a lot of medication etc. Here is a link to the latest I have found on medicals: http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/BudgetReview201213/Migration

The 2nd to last paragraph (starting "of note..." is the relevant one. There may be some references that may help you.

I spent a lot of time trying to work out if my parents would pass or fail, they seem to work on a probability of cost of 60 or 70% (sorry I can't remember the reference to this info) of costs in calculating the $35 000. In the end, I read the guide to medicals for the panel doctors (I posted this a couple of weeks ago on this thread) and then have had to accept that we won't know until the medical officer in Australian sees their medical results. If you can find a better way of working it out, please let me know.

Best of luck. I am sure there are plenty of us worrying about the same issue.

Thank you Val,

Sorry for the previous post for Denzil53 : was intended to be a private post. - He will not see this one - most likely.

Sorry. I am at work and I was in rush!

Anyway : I was wondering if 2 month short of residency at the moment of the application will be such a no-no for DIAC.

But lately, searching the internet I run into another issue:

Somebody was saying that DIAC disagrees with only one parent applying for CPV.

But there is nothing like that anywhere on the immigration site.

My husband will not apply now: he has some business to finish for a while, so for now only me will be applying.

I am so confused! Why will that be a problem? Can I apply alone?

Does anybody knows any case like that/

Best regards,

Daniela

Not sure what you have been told and by whom, but they may be thinking of the 'loophole' which was closed a couple of years ago whereby, to save costs, one parent would apply for the CPV and the sponsor the other parent for a partner visa. You now have to wait 5 years before you can do this. Are you aware that you do get five years to move over permanently?

Thank you Val,

Sorry for the previous post for Denzil53 : was intended to be a private post. - He will not see this one - most likely.

Anyway : I was wondering if 2 month short of residency at the moment of the application will be such a no-no for DIAC.

My husband will not apply now: he has some business to finish for a while, so for now only me will be applying.

Best regards,

Daniela

Hi Daniela, I think to clarify all your queries, the only way you will get a final definate answer would be to ask a migration agent. There are some who will give you a short free consultation. I very much doubt that there is a quick cheap way of obtaining a CPV 143 though. If there was, someone on here would have shouted it from the rooftops.

Not sure about applying on your own when you are still married to your spouse - it never cropped when we applied as we always intended to do it together. There is a migration agent from Go Matilda called Alan Collett who posts on here sometimes, perhaps you could ask him what he might charge for some advice to put your mind at rest on all your queries.

Good luck,

Val

Not sure what you have been told and by whom, but they may be thinking of the 'loophole' which was closed a couple of years ago whereby, to save costs, one parent would apply for the CPV and the sponsor the other parent for a partner visa. You now have to wait 5 years before you can do this. Are you aware that you do get five years to move over permanently?

Agreed. The old "split visa" strategy is no longer an option, unless you want to spend time apart from your partner/spouse.

Best regards.

Agreed. The old "split visa" strategy is no longer an option, unless you want to spend time apart from your partner/spouse.

Best regards.

Thank you, Alan.

The "unless you want to spend time apart from your partner/spouse" makes me understand I can apply alone.

It is not about any split visa, it is not about any cheap way Val.

And yes, I am aware of the 5 years waiting time.

My husband has some business here and does not want to apply, at least not for now.

It is not happening very often that only one spouse is applying for a permanent visa;

I was only asking if anyone knows of any case like that.

Regards,

Daniela

Hi

This may be of interest to anyone expecting a Case Officer shortly. My friend's Parents were allocated a Case Officer in early October and immediately had Medicals and Police checks. My friend was asked to organise the Assurance of Support which she did by early November. Then nothing in spite of the Agent constantly bombarding the Case Officer with E mails and was assured that the request for the final payment would be made : "next week". Three months later it turns out that the Case Officer says that the medicals have never been received (why was the Assurance of Support requested if this was the case?) and that the "Deadline" was due to expire. The medicals were sent in October by DHL and signed for in Sydney and seem to have gone astray between Sydney and Perth. So now the Medicals have been re-sent and hopefully the final payment will be requested immediately. (No problem with the Medicals) What a classic case of inefficiency so if a

Sent off CPV 173>143 application and documents to Perth at the end of December, AusPost say it arrived on Jan 9th but I've had no acknowlegement. Emailed them today and they say no trace of the application although it could be waiting somewhere to be registered. They suggested waiting another 6 weeks before enquiring again. Has anyone else has this sort of problem and should I have expected to hear from them by now ? Very anxious because as everyone will know the form filling etc. is tortuous.

Grammie

Thank you Val,

Best regards,

Daniela

Dear Daniela,

There's absolutely no problem with only one of the parents applying. I have also applied alone and my husband will be staying back for is business. When you fill up the Form the option is given whether you are applying alone or your spouse is also applying and if your spouse is not applying then you got to give the reason in a separate sheet.

The only condition is you can not sponsor your husband in spouse visa before 5 years from your 143 (the day you arrive in Australia), however, he can always apply later for 173 or 143.

I hope this clears your confusion.

Guest guest72525
Hi

This may be of interest to anyone expecting a Case Officer shortly. My friend's Parents were allocated a Case Officer in early October and immediately had Medicals and Police checks. My friend was asked to organise the Assurance of Support which she did by early November. Then nothing in spite of the Agent constantly bombarding the Case Officer with E mails and was assured that the request for the final payment would be made : "next week". Three months later it turns out that the Case Officer says that the medicals have never been received (why was the Assurance of Support requested if this was the case?) and that the "Deadline" was due to expire. The medicals were sent in October by DHL and signed for in Sydney and seem to have gone astray between Sydney and Perth. So now the Medicals have been re-sent and hopefully the final payment will be requested immediately. (No problem with the Medicals) What a classic case of inefficiency so if a

What a ghastly story!! At what point do you KNOW that your visa is going to be granted? I thought once DIAC requested the assurance of support, you were home dry?

Hi Andy, I got my 173 probably same timeframe for 143 after 15 months. Its a long wait but worth it. Am in Brisbane now and loving it, but will never forget the wait for any correspondence from the DIAC. I actually got that letter you are talking about 7 months after my acknowledgement date and thought it was heads up and it was a mistake on their part, letting me know too early, made it even worse. I let the house out did all the usual things you would do thinking you were on the way to be told it was a mistake, but at least I'm here now. But the best thing is to get the documents they want over to them and have it ready for the CO and then there is no real wait after that. Best of luck, Fran.

HI

These posts are quite alarming - can anyone reassure me that you do at least get an acknowledgment of receipt of your visa application at the outset? I am worried that if it went astray I wouldnt know? Or is it enough to assume that when the vac 1 money goes the visa application has been received? All advice welcome.

What a ghastly story!! At what point do you KNOW that your visa is going to be granted? I thought once DIAC requested the assurance of support, you were home dry?

Ghastly indeed!! To try and give some encouragement (we certainly needed it during the waiting!!!!!!)

10th October 2011 - Lodged our Application by post.

14th October 2011 - Acknowledgement by post.

A year went by without hearing a thing.

4th October 2012 - Received letter with requests from DIAC: 'Preparation for Visa Processing' to undertake Medical; get Police Disclosure; and Complete AoS, and to then RETAIN the documents prepared in readiness for submission to the department.

14th January 2013 - Case Officer.

21st January 2013 - Pre Visa grant letter, request for VAC payment.

04th February 2013 - Visa granted.

Since receiving 'Preparation for Visa Processing' letter all correspondence was done by e-mail - with the exception of sending off originals of Police checks and sending off the 2nd immigration payment.

We were in Australia at the time of the Case Officer. When we received a letter called the 'Pre Visa Advice' telling us we had to leave the country as visas cannot be granted when you are in Australia. We telephoned our Case Officer and told her our dates of a short trip out of the country to New Zealand, acknowledged these with an e-mail to her. She arranged for our visa to be issued whilst we were away.

Our Case Officer was brilliant and assessed our application within weeks not months and everthing went well.:biggrin:

HI

These posts are quite alarming - can anyone reassure me that you do at least get an acknowledgment of receipt of your visa application at the outset? I am worried that if it went astray I wouldnt know? Or is it enough to assume that when the vac 1 money goes the visa application has been received? All advice welcome.

See my post on previous page, this is the reply from Parent Visa centre

"A search in our systems found no registered Parent Visa Application that matches the details of the listed person(s) in your email.

Please note, the Parent Visa Application may have already been delivered to our Department, however, not yet to our section (Parent Visa Centre).

Even more, if your application has already been delivered to our section, the fact the our electronic system does not show any record matching the details of your parents indicates that your application has not yet reached the registration stage.

Due to a high volume of applications received, please allow six more working weeks for your application to be registered.

If you have not received a letter of acknowledgement from us after this time, we advise you to contact us again."

There must surely be a system for logging in applications in date order.I am really worried about my application getting lost in their system now.

Sorry this is not very encouraging.

Grammie

HI

Ours went:

10th October 2011 - Lodged our Application by post. 14th October 2011 - Acknowledgement by post.

Hope all goes well and to plan!!!

Steph & Sue J

From S Wales, UK now Ulladulla NSW

Edited by stephsuej

Thanks all for those mixed experiences. The time is not really an issue for us as we are currently playing the long game (103) However I will still want to know that the application has been received - horrible visions of thinking we are two years down the line and then finding out they have never heard of us dont make for a good nights sleep! I wont worry for the first six weeks then. Grammie I hope yours gets sorted out soon.

Hi All

I am at the beginning of a long road to move to Australia in order to be near my daughter who is 6 years old. I now have enough money to pay for the visa (143) so want to get the ball rolling. How long might it take until I could be living in Australia and would my wife be able to get in on my application or would she need a separate application? I have e-mailed all the experts regarding what route to go down but thought asking people who are in similar situations might also bear fruit as in me getting more info. I have many more queries but will ask them further down the thread as don't want to ask too much at once /)

Many, many thanks.

Rob.

Thanks all for those mixed experiences. The time is not really an issue for us as we are currently playing the long game (103) However I will still want to know that the application has been received - horrible visions of thinking we are two years down the line and then finding out they have never heard of us dont make for a good nights sleep! I wont worry for the first six weeks then. Grammie I hope yours gets sorted out soon.

G'Day

If you sent your application fee with the application (whether bank cheque or credit card authority), and this has been cashed, then this is the first and clear sign that the application has been received. In our case, the formal acknowledgement took several weeks more (see timeline below).

Good luck, Mike

Hi All

I am at the beginning of a long road to move to Australia in order to be near my daughter who is 6 years old. I now have enough money to pay for the visa (143) so want to get the ball rolling. How long might it take until I could be living in Australia and would my wife be able to get in on my application or would she need a separate application? I have e-mailed all the experts regarding what route to go down but thought asking people who are in similar situations might also bear fruit as in me getting more info. I have many more queries but will ask them further down the thread as don't want to ask too much at once /)

Many, many thanks.

Rob.

G'day Rob

The first thing is to download and thoroughly read the Dept of Immigration's Parent Migration booklet – see http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf.

As for timescale, you should be thinking in terms of 18, maybe up to 24, months, although many people on this forum get their visas more quickly – around 15 months. One problem seems to be that Immi may switch personnel around to deal with areas with a heavy workload.

Good luck, Mike

Hi

I was wondering if anybody had any experience of including a dependent on a CPV specifically one who is over 18 yrs old. My brother is currently 22 yrs old and still lives with my mum. He currently works full time but is thinking of going back into full time education. From what I have read a dependent that is over 18yrs old has to be financially dependent on their parents for food shelter clothing etc and I was just wondering if anybody had gone through this and included a dependent on their visa and whether my brother would come under this definition.....I'm presuming he wouldn't while he is working full time even though he still lives at home and does not contribute to live there.... but would going back into education then mean he could be included as a 'dependent' and is there any age limit to this?

Thanks in advance to anybody who has any thoughts on this.

Hi All

Many, many thanks.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

You mentioned your child is 6 years old…

And for that you might like to check-

sponsorship eligibility:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/143/eligibility-sponsor.htm

Usually settled criteria:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/31parents.htm

Balance of family criteria:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/balance-family.htm

are among the initial things to consider..

other pio parents / expert migration agents here may have other helpful inputs on this too, should I miss out any..

good luck

Need help. I shall be grateful for any reply that clears the position. I have applied for 143 visa. As mother I visit my son in Australia every year since 2006. Some times even twice a year. Each of my visits are less than 3 months in duration except on one occasion when stayed on for five months.The cumulative stay, counting each spell of visit, exceeds 12 months in last seven years. When asked to produce police clearance do I have to obtain police clearance from Australian Police as well?