Guest guest36187

Guest guest72525

It took a couple of weeks before my parents' visa application was "acknowledged" and another week before they sent a letter to say tell them this. I believe it can take a few weeks for the payment and application to get through the system so I wouldn't worry esp as there has been a long weekend in the last week in Australia

Hi,

I have applied for CPV173 , 7 days back,and the money from my credit card has not yet debited nor did I get any acknowledgement. Could anyone please tell me how much time does DIAC take to debit the visa charge from your credit card?

Thank you very much Learjet for a quick response.

Actually I was waiting for the 1st VAC charge because once it is registered I want to lodge a 676 tourist visa for 12 months. I believe they give you 12 months only when you have applied for CPV or in special circumstances. I got to go to Australia in March first week sometime and I need to apply for 676 at least 15 days prior to my journey date. This is why I'm so much worried about 1st VAC charge of my CPV application.

Hi all

I am just about to send off our application for a 103 parents visa. According to the blurb you have to (I think) submit this to the parent's visa centre in Perth, nowhere else. It suggests you send papers to your sponsor in Oz who can forward them. Also there is a section for (australian) credit card details. My daughter is happy to pay the charges on her credit card and I will transfer the money. My question is this - what is the best way to send all this stuff to Australia? I am very unsure about sending birth certs etc by ordinary post.... is recorded delivery possible? Also how do you know when it has arrived? Thanks in advance.

PS Yes I know a 103 takes forever but we arent in a position to leave the UK for the next few years. and at least the 103 feels like we are doing something constructive.

Hi all

I am just about to send off our application for a 103 parents visa. According to the blurb you have to (I think) submit this to the parent's visa centre in Perth, nowhere else. It suggests you send papers to your sponsor in Oz who can forward them. Also there is a section for (australian) credit card details. My daughter is happy to pay the charges on her credit card and I will transfer the money. My question is this - what is the best way to send all this stuff to Australia? I am very unsure about sending birth certs etc by ordinary post.... is recorded delivery possible? Also how do you know when it has arrived? Thanks in advance.

PS Yes I know a 103 takes forever but we arent in a position to leave the UK for the next few years. and at least the 103 feels like we are doing something constructive.

...and if you want to switch to 173/143 later, your time spent on the waiting list will help speed the process.

We couriered our docs. Try Interlink, FedEx or for a possible discount, Interparcel (http://www.interparcel.com/) or Parcel2Ship (http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk/).

Mike

Hi everybody,

Sorry to bother you; could I have your help in clarifying this out: can I apply a bit earlier than 2 years? Do you know of anybody who applied before the full 2 years of residence of his sponsor?

My daughter will have 2 years of residence in August this year. But in July, most likely, the fee for CPV will go up again. I was wondering if I could apply in June ( end of June ) just before the increase. Or maybe end of June means that they will receive the mailed application after July 1-st and then the new fee applies? What do they take into account: the date you mail it or the date they receive it? ( most likely the last one )

I will have to wait about 2 years, anyway, for the processing: so by then, my daughter will have more than 2 years of residence. Seems logical and possible to me (besides being so expensive !) , but would be great to know of anybody who applied before the 2 years

With the best thoughts for everybody,

Daniela

Hi everybody,

Sorry to bother you; could I have your help in clarifying this out: can I apply a bit earlier than 2 years? Do you know of anybody who applied before the full 2 years of residence of his sponsor?

My daughter will have 2 years of residence in August this year. But in July, most likely, the fee for CPV will go up again. I was wondering if I could apply in June ( end of June ) just before the increase. Or maybe end of June means that they will receive the mailed application after July 1-st and then the new fee applies? What do they take into account: the date you mail it or the date they receive it? ( most likely the last one )

I will have to wait about 2 years, anyway, for the processing: so by then, my daughter will have more than 2 years of residence. Seems logical and possible to me (besides being so expensive !) , but would be great to know of anybody who applied before the 2 years

With the best thoughts for everybody,

Daniela

Hi Daniela, I remember a while ago that a fellow Poms in Oz member and parent visa applicant was refused a visa because their child had not been resident for the full 2 years at the time of the application. I have trawled through and found the post for you. Its by Denzil53 and is on page 406 of this thread.

My advice was to appeal and tell us the outcome (if any) but I haven't noticed any further news from Denzil53.

For that sake of another 7 months and few extra $$$$$, I would hold off until all the criteria is met fully. If there's one thing I've learned in the process of obtaining a parent visa, its that DIAC do everything by the book. Good luck with your application!

Best regards, Val

Val- I was just doing the same because every time someone asks this question I think there's a different answer ! I did see once that liverpooloo said her child was deemed "settled" in under 2 years due to proving job,rental etc, it must have struck a chord with me at the time! but I dont know how she got the criteria verified...maybe she'll come along & add some detail..

Val- I was just doing the same because every time someone asks this question I think there's a different answer ! I did see once that liverpooloo said her child was deemed "settled" in under 2 years due to proving job,rental etc, it must have struck a chord with me at the time! but I dont know how she got the criteria verified...maybe she'll come along & add some detail..

Hi it's me..... yes i did apply before my son was resident for the 2yrs because of the criteria you mentioned but i have since heard DIAC have become a bit strict on this now and i remember being worried because of the post mentioned that was refused, i am just waiting for my 2nd vac to be requested then hopefully the visa soon to follow. I would take advice from a migrant agent before putting in the application. I can recommend Alan Collett from Go Matilda he often gives good advice on here. All the very best in your process. Ann

Hi All,

I have applied for 173 CPV around 10 days back and not yet received any acknowledgment (as it takes around a month).

My questions here are:

1. If I apply for 676, 12 months visa can I give the reference of my 173 CPV application(the postal evidence) and will they consider it?

2. Is there a chance of issuing me a 12 months stay visa?(when I've applied for 173 CPV)

Please reply as I will apply for 676 accordingly.

Moreover,

3. what reason of stay should be given which will make the application stronger? business reason or personal reason?

I own a small business here, earlier I was working as a teacher. DIAC has all the details as I had been earlier on 676 giving leave letter from my school. Previously I held several 676 and been to Australia but never stayed more than 1 month.

Please reply!!!!!!!Thanx.

Edited by Blueray
spelling mistake

Hi All,

I have applied for 173 CPV around 10 days back and not yet received any acknowledgment (as it takes around a month).

My questions here are:

1. If I apply for 676, 12 months visa can I give the reference of my 173 CPV application(the postal evidence) and will they consider it?

2. Is there a chance of issuing me a 12 months stay visa?(when I've applied for 173 CPV)

Please reply as I will apply for 676 accordingly.

Moreover,

3. what reason of stay should be given which will make the application stronger? business reason or personal reason?

I own a small business here, earlier I was working as a teacher. DIAC has all the details as I had been earlier on 676 giving leave letter from my school. Previously I held several 676 and been to Australia but never stayed more than 1 month.

Please reply!!!!!!!Thanx.

I am not sure where you live, but normally there should not be a problem with getting a 12 month visitor visa. My son applied for one just to go travelling and it was granted. I think you will maybe need to show that you have enough funds to support yourself in Australia for the 12 months. In my son's case he just provided evidence of funds in his bank account and we also got my daughter in Oz to provide an email to him, which he scanned and uploaded, to say she was willing to provide board and lodging for him. As you have applied for a parent visa, can you not just say you will be visiting family for an extended stay? You may not be aware but there is now a 3-5 year visitor visa for parents of Australian permanent residents, so I can't see that 12 months would be a problem, unless you are from a country other than the UK . I would mention your 173 application as it is quite common for parents who have already applied for the CPV to apply for a visitor visa and DIAC tend to look favourably on this and grant the visa if they know you have applied for it. Some parents even apply for a 12 month visitor visa so they can wait out some of the time before the CPV visa grant in Australia.

Edited by Linday

Thank you very much Linday. My son is working with ADF and he is a citizen there. I have applied for CPV 173 though, but I do not have any file number to provide them with. Will the postal evidence do?Though I have applied offshore, but my son posted it from Australia through Auspost and he has the receipt with him. Can I provide that receipt for evidence of my CPV application?

I am very happy to know that now they have 3-5 year visa for parents of Australian PRs and citizens. Also the info of sending mail for invitation has helped me a lot. Thank you once again.

Thank you very much Linday. My son is working with ADF and he is a citizen there. I have applied for CPV 173 though, but I do not have any file number to provide them with. Will the postal evidence do?Though I have applied offshore, but my son posted it from Australia through Auspost and he has the receipt with him. Can I provide that receipt for evidence of my CPV application?

I am very happy to know that now they have 3-5 year visa for parents of Australian PRs and citizens. Also the info of sending mail for invitation has helped me a lot. Thank you once again.

I would think that any evidence you can provide will be a help. I am sure that DIAC can always check that your application has been received if they wish to. I assume you want to spend some of the time waiting for the 173 in Australia. I would just make sure, when you do get a file number, that you let DIAC know you are in Australia. I think the current waiting time for this visa is longer than 12 months, but as it is an offshore visa you will need to be offshore for the visa grant and you don't want to run the risk of the visa being granted while you are in Australia, which would make it invalid I think.

Thank you once again Linday. You are absolutely right, in case I get a one year stay 676 visa, I must inform DIAC about my change of circumstances. This was not there in my mind at all. Anyway I will be back by November which will be around 8 months and not a full year. So I think I will be offshore while my CPV is granted.

Hi, first post in this thread, just looking further down the line for my mum, aged 65. She would be looking for a CPV 143, and would not have an issue with balance of family etc etc.

The issue that concerns me is the Health Requirements. She has a fair amount of medication for Cholesterol, blood pressure etc etc.

I believe the general figure for rejection on medical grounds is projected costs must not exceed $35,000 over a 5 yr period.

Is it worth me compiling a list of the drug/amount and doing a rough calculation before even starting the process ?

How do you go about estimating the projected costs ? The only way I can think is adding it all up and working it out. I don't want her to shell out a visa application fee and medical fees to be told her medication is $10k per year and she fails.

Anyone been in a similar position ?

Thanks in advance.

We have just heard, after a 14 month wait, that our visa application has been refused. Our sponsoring son had not been resident for the full 2 years at the start of our application, although he has now been there almost 3 years! Not sure what to do now . . .

Hi,

Quite some time since your post.

Hope everything was resolved positively for you, since.

But when you say not full 2 years, what exactly was the length of time of his residency at the time of your application?

I am thinking to apply earlier too.

Thank you,

Daniela

Hi, first post in this thread, just looking further down the line for my mum, aged 65. She would be looking for a CPV 143, and would not have an issue with balance of family etc etc.

The issue that concerns me is the Health Requirements. She has a fair amount of medication for Cholesterol, blood pressure etc etc.

I believe the general figure for rejection on medical grounds is projected costs must not exceed $35,000 over a 5 yr period.

Is it worth me compiling a list of the drug/amount and doing a rough calculation before even starting the process ?

How do you go about estimating the projected costs ? The only way I can think is adding it all up and working it out. I don't want her to shell out a visa application fee and medical fees to be told her medication is $10k per year and she fails.

Anyone been in a similar position ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Mattybe

Sorry, I can't help with an actual answer to your question. I just wanted to 'bump' your post, so that one of the really knowledgeable people on here might see your query and help you out.

Good luck with your journey.

Cheers Pam

Hi Daniela, I remember a while ago that a fellow Poms in Oz member and parent visa applicant was refused a visa because their child had not been resident for the full 2 years at the time of the application. I have trawled through and found the post for you. Its by Denzil53 and is on page 406 of this thread.

My advice was to appeal and tell us the outcome (if any) but I haven't noticed any further news from Denzil53.

For that sake of another 7 months and few extra $$$$$, I would hold off until all the criteria is met fully. If there's one thing I've learned in the process of obtaining a parent visa, its that DIAC do everything by the book. Good luck with your application!

Best regards, Val

Thank you Val,

Sorry for the previous post for Denzil53 : was intended to be a private post. - He will not see this one - most likely.

Sorry. I am at work and I was in rush!

Anyway : I was wondering if 2 month short of residency at the moment of the application will be such a no-no for DIAC.

But lately, searching the internet I run into another issue:

Somebody was saying that DIAC disagrees with only one parent applying for CPV.

But there is nothing like that anywhere on the immigration site.

My husband will not apply now: he has some business to finish for a while, so for now only me will be applying.

I am so confused! Why will that be a problem? Can I apply alone?

Does anybody knows any case like that/

Best regards,

Daniela

Hello everyone, does anyone know if you go over on a years visa can you then apply for a parent visa in aus without having to return to the uk,if you meet all the requirments.