Guest guest36187

Good Luck to you, you made it. Our daughter phoned us this morning to say that our application has been looked at at last, so we should be getting a CO soon. Fingers crossed for us. Regards Ann and Roy.:hug:

Congratulations on the news. May I just be curious to know how your daughter knows that?

It is a very positive news because that means they speed up the process again- i see yours has the acknowledge date 14/11/11.

I am waiting for my aged single mum application which was submitted on May 2011. Fingers crossed for us all.

To Les and Wanda, Jane and Clive and all the others that have recently completed the PV process...........Congratulations!!!!!!!!

I have been on here for over two years, aching to be one of you, wanting to be suffering the 'not knowing' of whether visas would be granted or when!

Also knowing (in my heart of hearts) that I could not leave my daughter and two granddaughters here and therefore, won't ever be making that cpv application.

Now, so many of the names I knew are on the other side in the sunshine and I just wanted to say "Keep in touch!"

Mr Avalook, you have made me laugh so many times with some of your posts, and obviously been so helpful to people with their visa journeys, it would be sad not to see your name on any more posts.

Jane and Clive, whenever you get to a computer again, I was thinking of you on Wednesday, wondering what the last minute outcome was. Glad it fell into place!

Again, congratulations to all that are on, or about to be on the other side.

Cheers Pam

Could anyone who is recently granted a 143 give me some info regarding the shelter?

I have applied the 143 for my single mother and ticked on the box indicating that she will live with us. Will there be any requirements for our house eg. how many bedrooms... we need to have?

We are a couple with two kids renting a 3 bm house, is it ok?

If your sponsors tick on the box that you parents will live in other place, do you/ your sponsors need to prove anything eg. money, or... God knows?

Thank you.

Hi

I don't think it will be a problem. They just need to see that you have enough room to offer her accommodation. Presumably you will be submitting financial evidence -there is a list of the various things you need to provide as sponsor and they just need to see that you will be capable of providing financial support if need be for 2 years.

Could anyone who is recently granted a 143 give me some info regarding the shelter?

I have applied the 143 for my single mother and ticked on the box indicating that she will live with us. Will there be any requirements for our house eg. how many bedrooms... we need to have?

We are a couple with two kids renting a 3 bm house, is it ok?

If your sponsors tick on the box that you parents will live in other place, do you/ your sponsors need to prove anything eg. money, or... God knows?

Thank you.

Hi

I can't tell you regarding the 143 apart from what has already been said but on the rental side of things, hubby & I have stayed with our daughter, SIL & 3 children in a 3 bed for 8 weeks while on holiday. She had a house inspection whilst we were there & the agent had no problem with us being there. Hope this helps a little.

Phoebe

Good Luck to you, you made it. Our daughter phoned us this morning to say that our application has been looked at at last, so we should be getting a CO soon. Fingers crossed for us. Regards Ann and Roy.:hug:

Hi Ann and Roy,

Can I too ask how your daughter knows that your application is being looked at?? We put our application in for a CPV 173 in July 2010 and have heard nothing as yet. Did your daughter phone DIAC or did they contact her?

Regards, Val

Hi Ann and Roy,

Can I too ask how your daughter knows that your application is being looked at?? We put our application in for a CPV 173 in July 2010 and have heard nothing as yet. Did your daughter phone DIAC or did they contact her?

Regards, Val

I've just checked the tracker and noticed that duonghm's application was acknowledged on 11 august last year and already have a CO (16 september). Maybe they aren't processed in order of receipt?

I've just checked the tracker and noticed that duonghm's application was acknowledged on 11 august last year and already have a CO (16 september). Maybe they aren't processed in order of receipt?

definitely not processed in order of reciept we got an acknowledgment on the 4th Oct last year and we got a visa on the 1st September this year ie under 11 months.

cheers.

Mike.

Contracts exchanged just 2 hours after we waved goodbye to all our worldly goods on Wednesday (hope to be united with them by Christmas) After quite a hastle, managed to book flights leaving heathrow on 3rd October. Couldn't get a flight at Singapore Airlines for love nor money - could get to Singapore but nothing through to Adelaide for at least another three weeks

Finally got a good deal with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong with a 40k luggage allowance each. We will set foot on Aussie soil 5 years to the day that our family arrived - what an amazing coincidence!

We've moved out even though we don't complete till next Thursday but several friends have offered B&B till we leave. In the meantime we are in our son's little house while he's in Portugal playing golf. Shame I packed my internet power cable but at least I can scrounge a bit of time on various friends computers to keep up with all the news and pick up important emails.

Got all the remaining nights 'B&B sorted :SLEEP:and even managed to organise a ride to the airport from a good friend with a large car.:wubclub:

9 DAYS TO GO ............ (not that I have time to count):goofy: Lots of meals out and farewells still to do and the daily diary looks horrendous.:arghh:

Hi Ann and Roy,

Regards, Val

Hi, Our daughter lives in NSW and she rang up the DIAC. We have applied for 2 yr temp visa's, and will then apply for permanent ones in due course. W have been planning this for the past 3 years, and will be glad when we can be with our family.

Regards Ann & Roy.:hug:

definitely not processed in order of reciept we got an acknowledgment on the 4th Oct last year and we got a visa on the 1st September this year ie under 11 months.

cheers.

Mike.

Wow !!! don't know how you managed that. We were told it would take us 15-17 months from date of receipt, and our was Oct last year, been told we should get our CO by Dec or Jan. Maybe because Ireland beat Australia we have been put on hold :mad: Regards Ann & Roy.

To Les and Wanda, Jane and Clive and all the others that have recently completed the PV process...........Congratulations!!!!!!!!

I have been on here for over two years, aching to be one of you, wanting to be suffering the 'not knowing' of whether visas would be granted or when!

Also knowing (in my heart of hearts) that I could not leave my daughter and two granddaughters here and therefore, won't ever be making that cpv application.

Now, so many of the names I knew are on the other side in the sunshine and I just wanted to say "Keep in touch!"

Mr Avalook, you have made me laugh so many times with some of your posts, and obviously been so helpful to people with their visa journeys, it would be sad not to see your name on any more posts.

Jane and Clive, whenever you get to a computer again, I was thinking of you on Wednesday, wondering what the last minute outcome was. Glad it fell into place!

Again, congratulations to all that are on, or about to be on the other side.

Cheers Pam

Hi Pam

My heart goes out to you and when I have my doubts about leaving long time friends I will remember how fortunate I am. I have a daughter over here but she has not wanted contact with me for the past 8 yrs and I am finally giving up hoping, although my door will always be open for her, but I guess the other side of that coin is that it is one less tie.

What a life!

Moira

Hi Moira!

I guess no-one has an easy life do they?

Sorry to hear about your daughter, but you never know. The open door policy is always a good one.

When do you hope to be in Melbourne? Looks like the times are coming down and the dollar rate going up!! Long may it continue that way...........

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress1

Cheers, Pam

Hi

We arrived in Melbourne almost 6 weeks ago...last week after lots of issues from the buyers...saying they wouldnt exchange..if we didnt change the locks as we had had tenants ..,our solicitor spoke to thiers etc..,and we did exchange on Wednesday ...then complete on FRIDAY last....,we have the cash in ukforex.....YIPPEE...on saturday we put down the deposit on a house...we had had it on a hold with a $1000 deposit for the last couple of weeks..,,...we cannot afford a house on our own and our family are borrowing the extra..,but ...we are paying it off...my dh has got a job...just one day per week for now...but it will cover the mortage....our shipping leaves the uk on tuesday....arrives a week after we move in ....dh has continued with hus volunteer work with both the SES and the boat rescue squadron ..plus now driving for the op shop...I have increased my hours at the OP shop and now do full day Friday...IM also caring for my grandson on Mondays and Tuesdays....crafting get together every week on Thursdays ...our lifes are full .....so now we are watching the $ for just a couple of days ...hoping for $1.60 to exchange our house money...we have spent every penny we have and didnt have to have this life..,I said to my dh the other day..,just had a thought....we dont have enough money for our funerals ....we both laughed....,do we care....not a bit..,we have gone from being able to just book a holiday when we wanted ..,to checking the prices of a tin of beans ..,ha ha ..,and its great ..,today we are having sunday roast .,with our family...its a long haul...lots if sleepless nights....lots of tears..,,but good when a plan comes together ..

together....

Guest sirmatt101
Hi Everyone,

Wanda and I have finally made it to sunny Oz, I have just finished reading Septembers posts and for a short time thought I had signed on to B.E. by mistake but it looks like the 'Poacher' has not been made the 'game keeper' and peace restored.

Just spent the last 2 days getting driving licences, medicare, bank accounts, phones etc sorted before we look at a car and a rental. We are staying with our son and d-i-l so no rush with our container not due until October.

Lovely spring weather in Brisbane so it has been shorts and t-shirts for the last 3 days which is a sight better than the weather we left behind in the UK.

Bali turned out to be the ideal place to unwind on the way over to here and with only 2 hours time difference from Qld not too bad on the body clock. People bound for Perth would find it even better with only a short flight away and no time difference.

Still in the holiday mode at the moment but the reality of what we have done will soon kickin. :confused::twitcy:

Regards

Les

Hi Les, just catching up on the forum! Glad to see that you have now arrived so that we can at last start behaving like PIQS (parents in Queensland!!) It would be nice to meet up and have that beer I have been looking forward to, just bring the Marmite sandwiches :shocked:.

We met up with Audie & her daughter Kathryn on Wednesday down at Surfers, what a lovely lady and her amazing daughter, we are at a loss as to why she is having so much hassle to get a visa.

PM me and we will arrange a meet somewhere, just hope for a warm day :arghh:. with sunshine!!!!!

Cheers

Matt

Hi

We arrived in Melbourne almost 6 weeks ago...last week after lots of issues from the buyers...saying they wouldnt exchange..if we didnt change the locks as we had had tenants ..,our solicitor spoke to thiers etc..,and we did exchange on Wednesday ...then complete on FRIDAY last....,we have the cash in ukforex.....YIPPEE...on saturday we put down the deposit on a house...we had had it on a hold with a $1000 deposit for the last couple of weeks..,,...we cannot afford a house on our own and our family are borrowing the extra..,but ...we are paying it off...my dh has got a job...just one day per week for now...but it will cover the mortage....our shipping leaves the uk on tuesday....arrives a week after we move in ....dh has continued with hus volunteer work with both the SES and the boat rescue squadron ..plus now driving for the op shop...I have increased my hours at the OP shop and now do full day Friday...IM also caring for my grandson on Mondays and Tuesdays....crafting get together every week on Thursdays ...our lifes are full .....so now we are watching the $ for just a couple of days ...hoping for $1.60 to exchange our house money...we have spent every penny we have and didnt have to have this life..,I said to my dh the other day..,just had a thought....we dont have enough money for our funerals ....we both laughed....,do we care....not a bit..,we have gone from being able to just book a holiday when we wanted ..,to checking the prices of a tin of beans ..,ha ha ..,and its great ..,today we are having sunday roast .,with our family...its a long haul...lots if sleepless nights....lots of tears..,,but good when a plan comes together ..

together....

What a lovely post to read, so pleased it's all come together for you and your family, here's wishing you all the very best for your future in OZ , hope you get the $1.60!! Ann

Just a few months ago I went on line and opened a NAB current and internet account, very easy to do.

I then also opened an account with UK Forex.

If I want to send funds to Oz I now go on line and easily transfer money from my Nationwide current account to UK Forex who then change it to Oz $ and transfer it into my Oz on line account.

I can not take any money out of the Oz accounts until I have been to one of their branches over there and prove my identity and pick up my cards etc.

Something I posted last May regarding me paying my VAC.

I received an e mail from a different CO, mine was on holiday but at least the process was not held up, asking for the 2nd VAC payment. It was requested I pay by Visa Credit or with a A$ Bank Cheque in Oz.

I could not pay on a Visa Credit card as I could not pre load any of my cards, I am told it is against the rules, or increase my limit to cover the cost.

I could not pay with a Bank Cheque in A$ I do not have any money in Oz and any bank who provided the cheque in the UK has to have representation in Australia. None of my banks do and I don't know which have, perhaps HSBC.

As the exchange rate was very poor it was cheaper to pay in London anyway, so I decided to go this route.

I contacted my temporary CO to tell her of the problems I was experiencing paying in Oz and that I would like to pay in London which she said was ok.

So I downloaded the Payment Mandate and filled it in ticking the box to pay with my debit card, included a copy of the e mail from my CO requesting the payment, a return self addressed envelope and a covering letter. A couple of days later the money was taken and I received a receipt with a short note telling me they had also e mailed a copy of the receipt to my CO. All very easy and straight forward.

Sorry if this sounds a very stupid question to ask but what do you mean when you say you paid in London? As you can see i have only ever dealt with my one bank for the past 30 odd years all this exchange of money is all new to me. All a learning curve just need to do my homework. Ann

Ann,

Maybe have a chat with one of the sponsors of this forum - Moneycorp -as to how they can assist with the payment of the main VAC. I believe they can raise a bank draft in due course, and give you a better rate of exchange than you would get if you were to arrange the same through your High Street bank.

Best regards.

Thank you for the reply Alan, i have contacted Moneycorp and just awaiting the phone call to discuss my intentions. Ann

Sorry if this sounds a very stupid question to ask but what do you mean when you say you paid in London? As you can see i have only ever dealt with my one bank for the past 30 odd years all this exchange of money is all new to me. All a learning curve just need to do my homework. Ann

There is an option to pay the 2nd Vac in London in Pounds sterling which people have used when the exchange rate is poor.

That rate is fixed for 6 months so it depends on what the rate is at the time you have to make payment as to whether it is best to pay in London or Perth in $s.

Sorry but I do not know the current rate of exchange that London is using to give you the amount you must pay in pounds.:wideeyed:

Using a Forex company to send money other to an Oz account (maybe your child's account?) seems unnerving at first but once set up is no more difficult than paying a bill online in the UK (just a bigger bill :shocked:).

If you go to the Forums page and scroll down their is a section marked Money and Finance which may help or just ask on here.

Going to your bank and getting them to exchange money normally costs more.

Regards

Les :wubclub::wubclub:

G'Day Ann

Just to expand on Les's reply, it's possible to make the payment through the Oz High Commission in London.

Have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/how-to-pay.htm.

As Les says, the exchange rate applied is adjusted every six months. At the moment it is very unfavourable compared with UKForex, or even your own bank – at $1.4286 to the £. You can check the conversion on the page http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm.

As Les says, the other alternative, which many people on here do, is to process the funds through their offsprings' account in Oz.

Good luck, Mike

I have been informed by daughter that those in Oz are predicting a decline in the strength of the Aus $ back to about 2:1 "soon", how soon that is I do not know but it is predicted not to last long before regaining it's strength back to ????.

Anyone else heard anything?

I have been informed by daughter that those in Oz are predicting a decline in the strength of the Aus $ back to about 2:1 "soon", how soon that is I do not know but it is predicted not to last long before regaining it's strength back to ????.

Anyone else heard anything?

G'Day

Not a direct answer, but have a look at http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/asia-threat-to-mining-bonanza-as-imf-issues-warning-on-world-growth/story-fn59niix-1226146157380 in today's Australian. It's the mining boom that has kept the Aussie so high, largely.

Mike