Guest guest36187

Wanda did find a connection to Bali (I didn't she could work the interweb :twitcy:) so after a couple of nights in Singapore for me to top up on Chicken Satay, I'm being dragged along to Bali for 3 weeks. :wink:

So we don't hit Brisbane until near the end of September then we will be in touch, leave a few jobs vacant please. :wubclub:

So good to hear your news..... :biggrin: I'm so happy more and more of you seem to be 'getting to the end of this journey'

Enjoy the rest of your life guys Emma assures me the weather is picking up nicely on the Gold Coast.

One thing I did learn when I was in QLD earlier in the year, Coles & Woolworths do tend to hire 'ahem..older' members of the community to stack shelves in the evenings....(we are more reliable :yes:) well it's dark at 6pm so nowt else to do:twitcy:....then you have your day's free.....you and Wanda can wander wherever you like :yes:

You have been a big help to me this past year and I thankyou sincerely but I do hope you will still post when you are living your dream :cool:.

Good Luck for you & your family's future...may only good things happen to you all :jiggy:

Phoebe

Guest sirmatt101
The news of your demise is fortunately premature. Glad you made a full recovery.:biglaugh:

Originally Posted by ariomart

"I miss Sirmatt":

Moira

Les

"We all do, he came to a sticky end in the great Vegemite disaster of 2011 when trying for the bottom jar in a 20ft Coles display.

It was how he would have wanted to go, spread out by his favourite spread".

RIP

Wanda did find a connection to Bali (I didn't know she could work the interweb :twitcy:) so after a couple of nights in Singapore for me to top up on Chicken Satay, I'm being dragged along to Bali for 3 weeks. :wink:

So we don't hit Brisbane until near the end of September then we will be in touch, leave a few jobs vacant please. :wubclub:

I am afraid I will have to come clean seeing as how you are imagining my demise, I HAVEN'T bought or eaten any VEGEMITE since arriving here!! I have been buying OUR MATE, which as you all know is Marmite in disguise. Well, I here you all say, what a fraud, but funny how the taste buds change. :biggrin:

Cheers

Matt

Guest sirmatt101
So good to hear your news..... :biggrin: I'm so happy more and more of you seem to be 'getting to the end of this journey'

Enjoy the rest of your life guys Emma assures me the weather is picking up nicely on the Gold Coast.

One thing I did learn when I was in QLD earlier in the year, Coles & Woolworths do tend to hire 'ahem..older' members of the community to stack shelves in the evenings....(we are more reliable :yes:) well it's dark at 6pm so nowt else to do:twitcy:....then you have your day's free.....you and Wanda can wander wherever you like :yes:

You have been a big help to me this past year and I thankyou sincerely but I do hope you will still post when you are living your dream :cool:.

Good Luck for you & your family's future...may only good things happen to you all :jiggy:

Phoebe

My OH having worked for Tescos as a Check Out Chick for 12 yrs would have the experience required for Woolworths, Coles and Aldis here one would think! WRONG, she has applied various times for all 3, always getting the same reply "Unfortunately you application was not successful this time, we have employed someone with more experience/qualifications" Last week she went along to an Aldis open recruiting day applying face to face. Also on the same day, in fact with her was our daughters partners 21 yr old son, no experience, never held a job for more than a week or two and presently on benefits. Who got a 2nd interview, yes the 21 yr old!!

So don't bank on finding it easy to find work.

Cheers

Matt

I am afraid I will have to come clean seeing as how you are imagining my demise, I HAVEN'T bought or eaten any VEGEMITE since arriving here!! I have been buying OUR MATE, which as you all know is Marmite in disguise. Well, I here you all say, what a fraud, but funny how the taste buds change. :biggrin:

Cheers

Matt

Hi

Time to change your picture!

Charlie

:biggrin:

My OH having worked for Tescos as a Check Out Chick for 12 yrs would have the experience required for Woolworths, Coles and Aldis here one would think! WRONG, she has applied various times for all 3, always getting the same reply "Unfortunately you application was not successful this time, we have employed someone with more experience/qualifications" Last week she went along to an Aldis open recruiting day applying face to face. Also on the same day, in fact with her was our daughters partners 21 yr old son, no experience, never held a job for more than a week or two and presently on benefits. Who got a 2nd interview, yes the 21 yr old!!

So don't bank on finding it easy to find work.

Cheers

Matt

Hello Matt it is really good to hear from you again. I imagine that is hugely frustrating for you guys, but a stark fact of life which we all have to be mindful of. We know that they will favour young and Australian in most cases, it's a barrier. Getting into an organisation is the challenge - once inside there is a better chance to influence. Glad to hear that you've got hold of some My Mate. Haven't found any where we are, and have not yet adapated to Vegemite.

Cheers

Steve

Guest sirmatt101
Hello Matt it is really good to hear from you again. I imagine that is hugely frustrating for you guys, but a stark fact of life which we all have to be mindful of. We know that they will favour young and Australian in most cases, it's a barrier. Getting into an organisation is the challenge - once inside there is a better chance to influence. Glad to hear that you've got hold of some My Mate. Haven't found any where we are, and have not yet adapated to Vegemite.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, you are right it is very frustrating as the OH wants a part time job to earn her own money, but we will keep trying!!

I have not found time to get on the forum a lot as have been busy working 12 hour shifts and lots of overtime, got to make hay whilst the sun shines as they say. It has not been all work though, we bought a camper trailer and have been out in it on 3 long weekends, which this continental shift work is good for, so seeing some of the lovely Queensland countryside and theres loads of it!!

As to Our Mate, we found it in Coles in their foreign foods section, so give that a go. :swoon:

Cheers

Matt

Hi and welcome. I too have type 2 diabetes and got my visa with no problems whatsoever. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't too. Good luck, Cath.

Mu OH was diagnosed with type 2 last November. When we went for the medical in May the doctor requested latest blood tests results from our GP. A it happens he had just had them done so the receptionist printed them and we just faxed them off.

Thanks Matt, I'll need to go to a bigger Coles than the one near us I think; I'll make it a quest for next weekend. We're considering a motorhome in a few years' time when we have a bit of time to use it - and money of course they're not cheap.

Cheers

Steve

Guest spursno1

Hi Joanne just reading your interesting thread-good My question is if we apply for an 804 visa can we travel to oz for up to a year and then re-apply for the similar visa when we return home to do the same whilst awaiting a visa? Further do we have to return to the U.K. to do this or could we apply somewhere else? thanks in anticipation Mavin

It seems to me that since opening up the tracker last year to "self-service" we're seeing a lot join, then never updating their records. The June 2010 batch must by now have COs. I'm not sure there's a lot I can do about this, and of course it may also be a reflection of the drop-out rate; that wouldn't surprise me. It might also be holidays I suppose.

The visa granted list however is still a fair indication of the timescales, though this will lose relevancy as time goes by if the numbers diminish.

Cheers

Steve

It seems to me that since opening up the tracker last year to "self-service" we're seeing a lot join, then never updating their records. The June 2010 batch must by now have COs. I'm not sure there's a lot I can do about this, and of course it may also be a reflection of the drop-out rate; that wouldn't surprise me. It might also be holidays I suppose.

The visa granted list however is still a fair indication of the timescales, though this will lose relevancy as time goes by if the numbers diminish.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve it does seem a little bit strange stuck in the middle of no mans land,if it had not been for a hiccup with the medicals we were on course for one of the quickest visas on the tracker, as it is the visa will be granted next week which still makes it a pretty quick turnaround,

cheers.

Keep up the good work you really are appreciated.

Mike.

Cheers

Steve

I visit the tracker regularly since putting my name on there and thought it was all moving very slowly in getting a CO, shame really as it would give a good indication how quick the process was moving along if people updated their records, but as you say maybe folk have had to drop out which is a real shame. I do check the immigration queue aswell but it's confusing as i seem to have jumped from 340 to 100 in front of me in 2 months. I know it's approximate but that seems a huge jump to me. I do enjoy the tracker though to see how lucky people are progressing, Ann

Cheers

Steve

G'day Steve

I'm not sure how your system works (I've never done 'self-service'), but do you have a store of peoples' email addresses that you could easily get together in one block? If so, would it be too much of a chore to send out a quick query to the 'static' ones?

Hate to suggest something that adds to your (entirely voluntary) burden, but it would be a pity to see the site wither through this congestion.

Mike

Hi Joanne just reading your interesting thread-good My question is if we apply for an 804 visa can we travel to oz for up to a year and then re-apply for the similar visa when we return home to do the same whilst awaiting a visa? Further do we have to return to the U.K. to do this or could we apply somewhere else? thanks in anticipation Mavin

Is this the Aged Parent Visa. My understanding is that you need to be in Australia when you apply for the visa and that you then get a bridging visa to allow you to stay in Australia till your visa is granted. I think there are restrictions on leaving and you maybe have to apply for a different bridging visa to leave Australia.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

We havent yet got a CO (and the longer it takes, the better as far as we are concerned just now).

I think that because I dispensed with the services of our migration agent and sent in a new form, my file has probably gone to the bottom of the pile - or something like that. Our acknowledgement date is 26th July 2010 so please dont remove us from the tracker.

Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Regards,

Val

Guest spursno1

Hi Linday thanks for replying so quickly The 804 visa is the aged parent one.My question was if my wife and i apply for this we realise that the wait time is very long so whilst waiting can we apply for a normal 1 year visa and then return to the U.K. and re-apply for another 1 year one etc.?Finally if this is o.k. do we have to country of origin or can we apply in another country? great thread site with answers from good persons experiencing difficulty's with sorting out us old parent queries Thanks from Mavin

Rate getting close to $1.58 ($1.579 for £25,000 now) as good as it has been for a few weeks, and better than I got last night. :twitcy:

Thanks for the update Les! Wish I hadnt read it though - I got 1.555 last week for £50,000.......................where`s that crystal ball when you need it??

Cheers Val:arghh:

Hi Steve,

We havent yet got a CO (and the longer it takes, the better as far as we are concerned just now).

I think that because I dispensed with the services of our migration agent and sent in a new form, my file has probably gone to the bottom of the pile - or something like that. Our acknowledgement date is 26th July 2010 so please dont remove us from the tracker.

Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Regards,

Val

Don't you worry Val, I won't remove anyone! It's just an observation really.

Cheers

Steve

G'day Steve

I'm not sure how your system works (I've never done 'self-service'), but do you have a store of peoples' email addresses that you could easily get together in one block? If so, would it be too much of a chore to send out a quick query to the 'static' ones?

Hate to suggest something that adds to your (entirely voluntary) burden, but it would be a pity to see the site wither through this congestion.

Mike

Yes, Mike it would make sense, I'm just a bit nervous about sending emails out but what the hell.

By self-service I was just referring to the facility for anyone to set themselves up on the tracker. Until last year, I had to do it.

I got a quiet thread going again though!

Cheers!

Steve

I got a quiet thread going again though!

Cheers!

Steve

We sold our car on Autotrader Wednesday, put on in the morning and had cash buyer by 3pm:shocked: Cost £9.99 for what was perhaps a rather to quick result. :twitcy:

burning our bridges now, buses and taxi's until 02/09/11. :yes:

Guest sirmatt101
We sold our car on Autotrader Wednesday, put on in the morning and had cash buyer by 3pm:shocked: Cost £9.99 for what was perhaps a rather to quick result. :twitcy:

burning our bridges now, buses and taxi's until 02/09/11. :yes:

Now that is fast, ours was on AT for nearly 3 weeks without as much as an interest!!

Cheers

Matt