Guest lazoz

visa timescales and other queries

Guest lazoz

Hi ,

im sorry if this has already been asked but i cant find the answer. but i am trying to establish what the current timescales are from first application to the granting of a visa.

From what i gather i am looking at a 175 visa as i have skills that are on the shortage list. It is likely either to be indepedent or employer sponsored. (i dont think cousins can sponsor can they?)

also is it likely to be faster through an agent, and what would be the ballpark figure for using an agent (including the visa application fee)

thanks, this is really a great and very friendly place...

Guest rachbarlow

If you have a Critical Skill the processing times seem to be pretty quick at the mo, compared to everyone else, but varey a great deal. If you are 175 and not on the CSL list, but on a MODL list you are looking at years.......... 2012/2013 longer!! If you get state sponsorship 176, it could be years if you are not CSL list 2012!! At the moment, i feel, it is a minefield and a lot of luck as well!!! Independant skilled applying from the UK with a skill, employer sponsored if you have a job offer already. They are different visas.

First you need to dertermine what your skill is acording to the DIAC list and where you want to go. Then go from there.

Using an agent is a personal preferance, money, knowing the visa route and having the confidence to produce all the evidence. I would say if you decide to use one, go with one recommended on here, for eg. Go Matilda (Alan Collett), is always helpful. I used an agent before finding PIO, and got totally ripped off and the visa messed up, hence 3 years on I'm still here!! I have now decided to go solo!! Thanks to the PIO peeps and moderators, so far fingers crossed, everything is progressing but VERY slowly!!

Remember that there are always rule changes.......... regular and not publisised!!! All of what I said above could change tomorrow!!

Guest lazoz

thanks for that.

it would appear that all IT skills which are on the in demand list are also considered part of the CSL list so I think i should be ok there.

can i ask another 'silly' question ? what would happen with my wife , in the event i was sponsored by an employer ? would she still need to get her own visa ?

Guest rachbarlow

No not as far as I amware. You are the main applicant, your wife tags along on your visa. My Oh is the applicant and me and the children are tagging along. We have to be named on the application, and provide evidence etc..... and have to have meds and police checks.

Guest lazoz

so does that mean we only have one visa application fee ? that makes a big difference....

Hi Lazoz,

I am not sure which way you decided to go, but I am going the independent 175 CSL way. I will pay one application fee and didn't use agents (only cause mine is quite straight forward...).

Did you check the timelines HERE ? it gives you an indication of the timelines :)

Cheers

B!K3R