ENS 856 Processing Times

Guest crichards

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Day Everyone. Does anybody know what will be the status of the baby born while parents are waiting for ENS 856 visa to be approved? Can they be considered as Australian Citizen?

Based on the acknowledgment letter received, the standard processing time for this visa is 5 to 7 months. I am pregnant and due to deliver on mid of November. Kind of excited but hoping visa would get approved before I deliver my bub.

Timeline:

Application Sent to Melbourne DIAC by employer rep. - 30 July, 2010

Application Received and lodged - 03 August, 2010

Acknowledment Letter received - 05 August, 2010

No case officer yet.

Timeline:

Aug. 03, 2010 - Application was lodge

Aug. 05, 2010 - Acknowledgement letter received (with bridging visa and eligibility for medicare)

Sept. 03, 2010 - Visa Grant :)

Problem Solved!.. :)

good luck to all who applied!

Guest monster

hi gwenn,

that was quick. how i wish, i should have submitted my 856 application in Melbourne 'coz it seems that they process 856 very quick. Did you submit the nomination and visa application all together with meds and police checks?

Hi all,

We applied for our ENS 30thJuly, Nomination and everything approved already. We got acknowledgment of the application the same day we applied. Still awaiting case officer, check every day online, fingers crossed next week we'll get it lol.

Timeline:

Applied 30th July

Reciept: 30th July

Still waiting.....:daydreaming:

hi gwenn,

that was quick. how i wish, i should have submitted my 856 application in Melbourne 'coz it seems that they process 856 very quick. Did you submit the nomination and visa application all together with meds and police checks?

Monster, Yes we submitted everything all together. We made the effort to complete the requirements upon submission to minimise processing and waiting period. Includes meds, ielts, police checks. I was actually anxious because our colleagues just took 2 days to 2 weeks after their complete application was lodged (that was a year ago though). Ours took a month, but not bad.. Very happy now.. :) I guess there are lesser 856 applicants here in melbourne. Best of luck to you.

Guest annaferd
Monster, Yes we submitted everything all together. We made the effort to complete the requirements upon submission to minimise processing and waiting period. Includes meds, ielts, police checks. I was actually anxious because our colleagues just took 2 days to 2 weeks after their complete application was lodged (that was a year ago though). Ours took a month, but not bad.. Very happy now.. :) I guess there are lesser 856 applicants here in melbourne. Best of luck to you.

Congrats! you must surely be among the very lucky few! can you please share your profession? They might be giving top priority for certain professions.

Thanks

Guest annaferd
I too have been watching this thread silently,

We submitted our 856 on 23/7/2010

Money was taken from our account on 26/7/2010 and up to now heard nothing.

sent medicals,certified docs,police checks all in with nomination on 23rd and handed in person to immigration in Melbourne office

Wow! congrats to you!!! when did it happen? I remember just last week you were worried about not getting any communication from them!! well thats the best communication to get from them :smile:. May I ask what is the profession you applied for? For me its exactly 1 month since I submitted but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high for now...I'm still looking at 5 to 7 months

Congrats! you must surely be among the very lucky few! can you please share your profession? They might be giving top priority for certain professions.

Thanks

Hi Annaferd,

Profession is Structural Engineer.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
Guest garyaided

Applied on 22nd feb 2010 with minimal paper processed at sydney

Submited all documents in May 2010

Nomination approved on 22nd June.

Application approved on 13th oct.

Best of luck

cheers

Gary

Hi everyone,

I applied for my 856 on monday, was received by the department today so fingers crossed gets done soon. This is my 3rd visa as I had two 457s, I have already done two medicals for these visas, does anyone know if I can reuse my medicals for my permanent residency??

I have submitted all my documents so I guess I will just wait till they request my medical, (hopefully not at all).

Anyway hope to hear from someone soon

• 5 months later...
Guest Alinit
202 days and finally got my PR. Very happy. They will get to you, although it messes with your brain, it will come. 202 days and I am told "that really isn't a very long time to wait" so hang in there. :jiggy:

Hi Pommyranch,

Could you tell me if you use an immigration agent on your application? I applied my visa 5 months ago without an migration agent and I am still waiting... :wideeyed: I started to get a bit worried now, but I sent all the documents required and sent in person to immigration in Melbourne office.

Can someone tell me if the process is faster with a migration agent? thanks

Guest Alinit

Hi Suey,

How do I check the 856 onshore online? I looked for this option but it is not available on the immig site.

Guest Alinit
Hi all,

We applied for our ENS 30thJuly, Nomination and everything approved already. We got acknowledgment of the application the same day we applied. Still awaiting case officer, check every day online, fingers crossed next week we'll get it lol.

Timeline:

Applied 30th July

Reciept: 30th July

Still waiting.....:daydreaming:

Hi Suey,

How do I check the 856 onshore online? I looked for this option but it is not available on the immig site. Thanks.

Guest Alinit

Hi Elles. The X-ray chest is valid for 12 months. I reused mine as I had to apply to 457 twice. However, you need to do the other tests (blood, etc). Cheers

• 2 months later...

Mine was also submitted in paramatta but transfered 2 Perth cuz of thebacklog. Check that it's not been transferred, cuz they won't tell you if you don't ask. In Perth they'll give you to the weeks when it will b assigned a co. Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...
Guest lilimary

Hi all,

Adding my timeline too :)

856 visa lodged on 18.10.11 through my MA in Melbourne. DRC.

No document outstanding, both employer nomination and employee application lodged at the same time.

Now to wait and see.

Cheers

Lili

Mine took 9 months!! Hang in there, it will happen:)

hi!

my employer has filed for my nomination(in graphices & pre press) approval in may 2011,but we are still waiting for the approval,can you tell me how long will it take to get approval?what are the chances of approval?

thanx

Ours took 9 months for a co. You probably haven't even got a co yet in parramatta. Once the nomination is approved and your app goes in, it's probably another 6 months to be allocated someone. This is why most ppl submit together instead of one after the other cuz it doubles the waiting time. What job you in? Not trying to dishearten you. It Is a long wait, but it always does happen.

Archived