176 Issued 19/01/2010

Guest floater

Ronnie, i'm so happy for you. We have to validate by the 11th and having just sold the house I guess we will be out before you. The'll be a cold one waiting in the fridge for you when you get to Perth. Good luck mate, see you down there!

Fantastic news Ronnie, IMO you were instrumental in the CAT5's being pushed through, with your visit to Oz house. THANK YOU so much for the time , cost & effort it must have taken.

Have a great time celebrating and all the very best for your future.

Tracey xx

• 4 weeks later...
hi ronne congratulations on your visa - just wanted to pick your brains as we have a child who has an asd diagnosis and we lodged our visa in april 09. could you let me know your story - julie

Hi Julie,

I would be more than happy to let you know. We lodged our 176 back in August 2009, but we had already submitted our 475 in July 2009, where the Case Officer had requested meds and police checks. When it got to the aspect of the medicals, as you may be aware, there are a number of forms to fill out. Part of the form was to tick some boxes about mental health and state assistance from the Government/NHS. At the time we submitted a truck load of paperwork/reports from my son's school, GP etc.. However as his diagnosis was about 3 years back when the HOC in Sydney looked at the paperwork, they referred his health decision and requested a more current professional assessment.

We were given 28 days in which to get a Clinical Pshycologist's report. We had a horrendous time as our panel doctor had no prior experience of working on a case like this. He suggested that as we are more knowledgable to our son's condition, that he would be happy to refer to any professionals we found.

We contacted the original doctor, but unfortunately she only conducted NHS work and the waiting time was very long. After searching many avenues we found an ideal solution in contacting our local university which run courses in Physcology.

The doctor we managed to secure the services of had chartered status and is an expert in his field. His costs were very resaonable and a fraction of what we would have paid had we gone to a private clinic.

Now I guess this is the part you are really wanting to know... The doctor spent about 2 hours with my son. Firstly in his office for an hour for an initial assessment and then the second hour was at his school in a more normal environment. The assessment was very thorough and the doctor made a point to highlight the positive attributes towards my son. He was also keen to highlight that although he imagined that my son could gain employment in adult life, he had no 'crystal ball' and cannot forcast what anyone can aspire to. The real crux that the Aussie's are interested in, is you child likely to be an excessive financial burden on the goverment?

I hope this gives you a insight, but please feel free to PM me if you want any specific information regarding our case.

Good luck with your application and please let me know if we can help further

Kind regards

Ronnie R

ronnie

thanks so much for your reply - it sounds like to had a stressful time getting all the required documents - but obviously worth it. We have lodged a 175 visa last year but are now thinking of changing to a 176 ss just to speed things up a bit. obviously we have not had medicals requested yet. when we do would it be ok to contact you again if we are struggling with what to do? good luck with everything - are you heading to wa - what is your job?

julie

UOTE=RonnieRocket0;684057]Hi Julie,

I would be more than happy to let you know. We lodged our 176 back in August 2009, but we had already submitted our 475 in July 2009, where the Case Officer had requested meds and police checks. When it got to the aspect of the medicals, as you may be aware, there are a number of forms to fill out. Part of the form was to tick some boxes about mental health and state assistance from the Government/NHS. At the time we submitted a truck load of paperwork/reports from my son's school, GP etc.. However as his diagnosis was about 3 years back when the HOC in Sydney looked at the paperwork, they referred his health decision and requested a more current professional assessment.

We were given 28 days in which to get a Clinical Pshycologist's report. We had a horrendous time as our panel doctor had no prior experience of working on a case like this. He suggested that as we are more knowledgable to our son's condition, that he would be happy to refer to any professionals we found.

We contacted the original doctor, but unfortunately she only conducted NHS work and the waiting time was very long. After searching many avenues we found an ideal solution in contacting our local university which run courses in Physcology.

The doctor we managed to secure the services of had chartered status and is an expert in his field. His costs were very resaonable and a fraction of what we would have paid had we gone to a private clinic.

Now I guess this is the part you are really wanting to know... The doctor spent about 2 hours with my son. Firstly in his office for an hour for an initial assessment and then the second hour was at his school in a more normal environment. The assessment was very thorough and the doctor made a point to highlight the positive attributes towards my son. He was also keen to highlight that although he imagined that my son could gain employment in adult life, he had no 'crystal ball' and cannot forcast what anyone can aspire to. The real crux that the Aussie's are interested in, is you child likely to be an excessive financial burden on the goverment?

I hope this gives you a insight, but please feel free to PM me if you want any specific information regarding our case.

Good luck with your application and please let me know if we can help further

Kind regards

Ronnie R

Archived