Processing times for 457 visa

Guest angiem75

Guest sharpie76

Hi Thanks lou, fingers crossed hopefully i should here next week, my visa was lodged on 9th March. my daughter had a medical although me and my OH did not as we will not be woring in the health or school sector , supplied medical insurance and all work related certificates and all relevant paperwork not heard from migration agent so i think everything we sent was in order. Good luck hope all goes well x

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest elle2010

Hi,

I too applied for a 457 visa through my employer's agent on the 19th of March. Though all required documents have already been submitted. I haven't heard from the CO ever since.

I'm on my 5th week already. I hope it'll arrive soon as I'm getting hopelessly tired of waiting and checking my emails often times a day. :confused:

Hi,

I too applied for a 457 visa through my employer's agent on the 19th of March. Though all required documents have already been submitted. I haven't heard from the CO ever since.

I'm on my 5th week already. I hope it'll arrive soon as I'm getting hopelessly tired of waiting and checking my emails often times a day. :confused:

Hi,

Just hang on in there and i'm sure it wil be processed very soon. One thing I am finding by talking to people in the same situation, is that processing times vary significantly from state to state. Out of interest where are you heading? We have applied to Perth Immi for ours and did it online with the e-visa. We stated on our application that we would like approval by the 1st of May although I don't know if that actually will have any affect on anything....?

Good luck and keep us all posted..!

Adam

Guest sharpie76

Hi Adam we hope to be heading to Melbourne we also stipulated needed visa by 1st of may due to starting work but nothing yet fingers crossed for next week!!!

Good luck hope you here soon

Nicki

Hi,

Just hang on in there and i'm sure it wil be processed very soon. One thing I am finding by talking to people in the same situation, is that processing times vary significantly from state to state. Out of interest where are you heading? We have applied to Perth Immi for ours and did it online with the e-visa. We stated on our application that we would like approval by the 1st of May although I don't know if that actually will have any affect on anything....?

Adam

Guest elle2010
Hi,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks. By the way, I hope to be heading to Sydney. I'm already in my 6th week by the end of this week. Really hoping to hear something soon.:unsure:

Guest AndyAA

I'm in the same boat. My migration agent informed me that many case officers take 2 weeks off at Easter due to the 2 week school holidays, there's was also ANZAC days last week - all delaying processing. It's so frustrating....(as you know!). I'm heading to Sydney:

My 457 Timeline

18.03.2010 - Application lodged (through agent)

18.03.2010 - Application received - processing commenced

18.03.2010 - Application fee received

22.03.2010 - Further medical results received

23.03.2010 - Health requirements finalised

31.03.2010 - Application being processed further

06.04.2010 - Company Nomination Approved

6 weeks later and still nothing....

Guest elle2010

Hi Andy,

Same here. Haven't heard anything from my agent nor any changes in my online status for 6 weeks already. I'm heading to Sydney as well. The waiting process is killing me.

My 457 Timeline:

19 March 2010 - Application received - processing commenced

23 March 2010 - X-ray received

24 March 2010 - Health requirements finalized

31 March 2010 - Application being processed further

Elle

Guest sharpie76

Hi Guys im still waiting on my visa too, was told last week my case officer in Sydney had been on annual leave for 2 weeks sonothing has been done with our visa's. How frustrating been sat on someones desk for weeks and nothing, we move out of our house this week so tennants can move in so it looks like we will be living out of our suitcases for another 6 weeks. Fingers crossed we hear soon, Good luck you guys :)

Hi Andy,

Same here. Haven't heard anything from my agent nor any changes in my online status for 6 weeks already. I'm heading to Sydney as well. The waiting process is killing me.

My 457 Timeline:

Elle

Guest AndyAA

**finally some movement**

I received an email this morning from my migration agent:

"I finally got through to DIAC communications team today after three days of calling them and my emails!!! The application has been assigned a case officer, xxxx xxxxxxxx, but he hasn't looked at the application yet!! I did remind him of the time the application has been lodged and kindly advised him I had received other applications back approved that were lodged at the same time and finalised a couple of weeks or more ago : ) He said he will look at the application and have it finalised by 3.00pm tomorrow!!! I have got his direct telephone number and email so will kindly remind him if I do not hear from him by 3.00pm tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

So fingers crossed for tomorrow! Wish me luck...

AA

Guest elle2010

Hi Andy,

Wow! I think you're almost there. The best of luck for tomorrow.

I hope I'll have an update as well from my migration agent within the week. Really praying for it.

Elle

Guest elle2010

Hi,

I just got an email from my migration agent and my visa has just been approved.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Elle

=====

Timeline

3 May 2010 - Visa Granted

Guest Aussie Wannabe

Hi All,

Just got an email from my Agent today, finally after 10 weeks of waiting, got my 457 Approval.

Will be heading to Sydney ASAP now.

Timeline below:

457 Nomination/e457 application lodged: 23rd Feb 2010

Nomination Approved: 1st March 2010

Additional info: 24th March 2010

457 Approved: 4th May

The time line looks pretty straight forward but believe me, Waiting has been the hardest part.All the very best to all, hoping everything is sorted at the earliest for all waiting.

:hug: yea for you !!!!!!

Hi All,

Just got an email from my Agent today, finally after 10 weeks of waiting, got my 457 Approval.

Will be heading to Sydney ASAP now.

Timeline below:

457 Nomination/e457 application lodged: 23rd Feb 2010

Nomination Approved: 1st March 2010

Additional info: 24th March 2010

457 Approved: 4th May

The time line looks pretty straight forward but believe me, Waiting has been the hardest part.All the very best to all, hoping everything is sorted at the earliest for all waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Finally - 2 months to the day visa finally granted........... It's been really hard but it's finally over. We've had problems with reaching the training benchmark. PCCs were requested which lost a week, and the company in Oz had a delay due to a holiday, so can't grumble too much. The nerves are shot so it's a liquid celebration tonight, then book a flight tomorrow. Au revoir old blighty!!! :biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink:

Guest Sheikh Murphy

The 457 Story so Far...............................

15 Jan 2010 – Emailed my resume to Australian company (off the cuff!)

18 Jan 2010 – Got an email from the company expressing an interest (couldn’t believe my luck!)

15 Feb 2010 – Company confirm they would like sponsor me on a 457 visa (yippeeee!)

26 Feb 2010 – Contract of employment details agreed (it’s now feeling very real!)

12 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent appointed by the company to handle my application (oh yessshh!)

17 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent requests all documents, references, personnel details etc (Happy Paddy’s Day!)

25 Mar 2010 – All references, certs, family paperwork provided to the Agent.

26 Mar 2010 – Contract of employment received, signed and scanned back within an hour!

15 April 2010 – ACRO Police checks scanned and emailed to Agent.

16 April 2010 – All medical x-rays and physical checks couriered to DIAC Sydney.

21 April 2010 – All medicals now with DIAC

23 April 2010 – My application is lodged with DIAC by the Migration Agent (Now the wait?)

16 May 2010 – Agent requests Medical insurance letter and policy details from Employer.

17 May 2010 – Employer provides medical insurance details and covering letter (very impressed with my new employer, brilliant!)

...........NOW WAITING FOR DIAC.........?????????

.........How long do with think now my fellow Pomz In Oz (in waiting!).......

Hi all

Just want to share with you my time line for 457 very brief but may halp some people

3/5/10 457 and nomination lodged

14/5/10 nomination agreed

18/5/10 further information required

19/5/10 visa approved

No meds or police checks asked for.

Carn't believe we have got it so quick was not expecting it in the next few weeks as what i have been reading on here.

Guest Sheikh Murphy

Hi Nowell,

Congrats!

No meds or Police Checks, how did you swing that one?

Where you heading to?

I'm currently in Melbourne on a Working Hol visa with 457 application pending (submitted last Fri) - the migration agent said that I probably wouldn't need a medical either... so maybe it depends where you are when you apply, or perhaps your age?

Guest Marar

hi all,

i applied for e457 visa on 13-05-10.

employer had already submitted for nomination approval.

nomination approved on 16-05-10

medicals reached 18-05-10

medicals finalised 19-05-10

i have not yet sent the 1221 form.

already applied for PCC from UK.

recieved it today.

can anyone guide me, does 1221 form matters in speeding up the process.

also where shud i send my PCC.

should i send it when i am asked/allotted a case officer.

pls help me on these.

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hoping29

Im disappointed! in the middle of decission making our case officer is been out in the office! so what's the point of getting to excited! We've doned all! 457 visa approval where are you now?:cry::cry::cry:....It's been 3 months but still no current visa!:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Marar

hi all,

i applied for e457 visa on 13-05-10.

employer had already submitted for nomination approval.

nomination approved on 16-05-10

medicals reached 18-05-10

medicals finalised 19-05-10

Got email from Visa officer 28-05-10

additional information required.

documents sent

PCC requires 29-05-10

PCC sent 31-05-10

VISA GRANTED !-06-10

Wooooohooooooooo.......!!

I love Aussie Case Officers.

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest Marar
Wow congratz, we do hope were next:smile:...

thanks and best wishes, hope u get the visa soooooooooon....!!

P.S. I love Aussie Visa Case Officers... LOL

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Archived