Processing times for 457 visa

Guest angiem75

Guest angiem75

Hi All

I hope someone can help me!!

I applied for my e457 on 27/12/09, had medical, xray and bloods on 24/12/09 and medical recieved in Sydney on 11/01/10. But still my online status has not changed from medicals xrays bloods required.

My question is how long does it take to process the medical ect. I expected it to be a bit longer because of my previous medical history, but panal doc said it wasn't a concern.

Am I just being impatient, :arghh:or should I have heard something by now.

If anyone in similar position or has any advise I love to hear from you.

I am a nurse being sponsored on 457 in Queensland

Thanks Angie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jonsandra

Don't hold your breath. I came here as a student and had working rights. My wife was offered a job just as we intended to leave Aussie and decided to take it. Her future boss was late on his application (457 visa) which meant we lost working rights and were put on a tourism visa then a bridging visa. That was on Sept 25th 2008. We eventually got things sorted out but the Aussie police check was missing and that finally got sorted in December 2008. We eventually received our visa at the end of Feb 2009. It was a long and expensive wait and they aren't worried about taking their time. If you call your case office, don't rush him and just mention that you were checking to see if all the papers were in order etc but would like to know how long it would probably take. I wouldn't push them (although they were quite friendly with us)

Hi All

I hope someone can help me!!

I applied for my e457 on 27/12/09, had medical, xray and bloods on 24/12/09 and medical recieved in Sydney on 11/01/10. But still my online status has not changed from medicals xrays bloods required.

My question is how long does it take to process the medical ect. I expected it to be a bit longer because of my previous medical history, but panal doc said it wasn't a concern.

Am I just being impatient, :arghh:or should I have heard something by now.

If anyone in similar position or has any advise I love to hear from you.

I am a nurse being sponsored on 457 in Queensland

Thanks Angie

We too have similar time line as you and not heard any thing. I didn't need to have medicals as I am a electrician and its not required for low risk countrys.

My company applied for sponsorship and nomination on 22/12/09

I applied for 457 on 29/12/09

Had a email of Acknowledgment on 18/01/10

We are also moving to Qld so our application was also sent to Sydney.

It normally take around 4 weeks to 8 weeks to complete but because of xmas things have back logged. The waiting is doing our heads in and keep checking email and online status every morning, Hoping!!!

Should be any day now....... Fingers crossed

Guest jonsandra

My wife and I came from a low risk country (Switzerland) and still had to take a medical. We also had to take a medical for our second visa after already being in Australia and not having left the country for 2 years. Furthermore I didn't think it was a job related issue, more about tuboculosis HIV etc. I would double check on this. Hope I'm worng as it will save you a few quid but if I'm right, it'll save you more time on your application!

My wife and I came from a low risk country (Switzerland) and still had to take a medical. We also had to take a medical for our second visa after already being in Australia and not having left the country for 2 years. Furthermore I didn't think it was a job related issue, more about tuboculosis HIV etc. I would double check on this. Hope I'm worng as it will save you a few quid but if I'm right, it'll save you more time on your application!

I think it was the situation that every one use to have medicals done in the past. It worried me about it if I needed to have it done or not but its in black and white on there site.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

In a Low risk you only need a medical for the 457 if you are going to work in the medical profession, health care or in a class room situation for over 6 mths.

Still not sure if my daughter aged ten will need one as she will be in school. Ill just have to wait to see if they request a medical. Pointless paying for a medical if she don't need one.

Guest angiem75
We too have similar time line as you and not heard any thing. I didn't need to have medicals as I am a electrician and its not required for low risk countrys.

My company applied for sponsorship and nomination on 22/12/09

I applied for 457 on 29/12/09

Had a email of Acknowledgment on 18/01/10

We are also moving to Qld so our application was also sent to Sydney.

It normally take around 4 weeks to 8 weeks to complete but because of xmas things have back logged. The waiting is doing our heads in and keep checking email and online status every morning, Hoping!!!

Should be any day now....... Fingers crossed

How are you getting on. My med was referred since 22/01/10. I called HOC last night but not much help, made me even more stressed:arghh: they said it could be another 2 weeks to finilise meds I'm going into week 6 now surely cant be much longer, but it is me :biglaugh:so prob will!! Starting to not care anymore just want to know one way or other

Good look

How are you getting on. My med was referred since 22/01/10. I called HOC last night but not much help, made me even more stressed:arghh: they said it could be another 2 weeks to finilise meds I'm going into week 6 now surely cant be much longer, but it is me :biglaugh:so prob will!! Starting to not care anymore just want to know one way or other

Good look

We still hav'nt heard any thing. We was hoping to see some movement this morning on our email or status. Its really starting to wind us all up too......

May be tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
Guest jim560
We still hav'nt heard any thing. We was hoping to see some movement this morning on our email or status. Its really starting to wind us all up too......

May be tomorrow.

I have had my 457 app in since 04/03 and was kinda hoping it would be through soon, got asked on the 12/03 for extra info which sent back via return email and uploaded via immi site. States now processing further so was hoping another few days. However reading your posts i guess i have a long wait. for me the further info requested was only an employment ref and proof of qualifications so there should be nothing to delay me there. i suppose its just a case of do they pick up another file once yours has had a delay such as extra info? and if so when do they go back to it? i called the number they sent out with the email asking for extra info only to be told they couldn't put me through to my CO. i have turned night into day currently and sit up watching my emails for any movement, the wife is starting to go mad.

All in like you guys the whole process has been going on since nov with my employer having to start from scratch with the system.

Fingers crossed all round

Jim

Guest sittinghorn

All

I am supposed to be coming over to Sydney with my wife from the UK. I have a job, an assignemt package including accommodation allowance, paid air fare back etc etc. I lodged my personal 457 on 21 Feb and the company lodged theirs on 16 Feb. They already have sponsorship visas granted.

I am told by my HR man in Aus that Immigration have requested more info, though the nomination status just says Fee received & Processing.

Like others, I check daily but get frustrated. Life is on hold at the mo and its driving me up the wall.

In some respects its good to see others in the same boat.

I was supposed to start work in the Sydney office this Monday...arrrggghhhh!

Can anyone advise of good suburbs to live. Currently checking our Manly Beach (nice but ouch!) + Cronulla as well as Cromer on the North Shore.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Secured employment in WA in February and my new employer lodged online for sponsorship and nomination on the 17th of March. My eVisa application went in online on the 19th. All three are still showing as being processed but no word from the CO as yet. The DIAC website says 3 months for 457 processing but lots of posts on here are showing quicker than that. WA employer wants me out in Perth in May so fingers crossed.

I contacted 32 WA companies in a bid to find potential employers, went through 5 telephone interviews at all hours of the night/morning, then travelled 18000 miles (round trip) for interviews which went on for 5 days, come back and submitted my lifes worth in paperwork - and i can honestly say the hardest thing of all................is the waiting..........!!!

I'd love to hear from anyone else on similar timelines/dates etc......

Good luck to everyone here who's waiting!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sittinghorn

Adam

It is a very frustrating process.

My employer has just been given sponsorship approval and I have received an e mail from my case officer stating that things are moving forward, but she gives no time promises. My HR department have sponsorship approved back in 2008, lodged my nomination back on 16 Feb and I lodged my application on 21 Feb. They didn't realise that the sponsorship approval had gone past its sell by date. Aaarrggggg! So the process was slowed down significantly as they had to reapply and the rules have changed since Sept 09 (the dreaded Sep 09).

I suppose its all moving in the right direction, but I don't want to pester the Immig Dept just incase it has the wrong effect. Patience is a virtue that I have run out of. I was offered the job internally back at the beginning of September 09, but global companies work slowly.

Anyway, trying to remain optimistic, despite my frustrations.

I guess I am lucky compared to your fight. Just make sure your employer seeks advice in terms of waht to say and what not to say on the application. Mine haven't and I think that is half the problem. HR people aren't Visa experts, but think they know how to do all these things. Its a false economy to let them do all of it.

Colin

Guest sittinghorn

Don't know about the PCC element & apart from a couple of speeding tickets I am clean. My company experienced the proof of training aspect and have jumped that hurdle succesfully.

I e mailed my CO asking what her timescale was likely to be and she has come back with the answer...I have no idea as I am waiting on more information from your employer. I think I will leave her alone for a little while.

As you say, this is nerve racking as it is a life changer. My job in the UK has dwindled down to almost nothing as everyone is gearing up for me not being here which is driving me nuts as if it all falls through I am going to look a laughing stock.

Anyway, back to the normal Friday where nothing has happened and another weekend of torture awaits.

C

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know about the PCC element & apart from a couple of speeding tickets I am clean. My company experienced the proof of training aspect and have jumped that hurdle succesfully.

I e mailed my CO asking what her timescale was likely to be and she has come back with the answer...I have no idea as I am waiting on more information from your employer. I think I will leave her alone for a little while.

As you say, this is nerve racking as it is a life changer. My job in the UK has dwindled down to almost nothing as everyone is gearing up for me not being here which is driving me nuts as if it all falls through I am going to look a laughing stock.

Anyway, back to the normal Friday where nothing has happened and another weekend of torture awaits.

C

Hi Mate, How you getting on? We now have Sponsorship approved and nomination being processed. Case officer has now requested PCCs which I've sent off to ACRO for this week.

Excitement and apprehension are the two words of the week. The waiting is a killer.....

Guest Aussie Wannabe

Hi Adamh, good to see your progress till date.I am new to this forum so details enclosed below:

Nomination/Sponsorship application lodged: 24/02/2010

Evisa application lodged: 24/02/2010

Nomination/ sponsorship approved: 1/03/2010

still waiting on the evisa online application to be approved though....8 weeks is a lot of time I feel, hopefully it gets sorted quickly now...The co just asked for some forms on 25th March which were duly submitted.

Just wanted to ask whether you have submitted the Medicals as well & whether you see the "Meds finalized " text in the evisa online application query page.

Hi Adamh, good to see your progress till date.I am new to this forum so details enclosed below:

Nomination/Sponsorship application lodged: 24/02/2010

Evisa application lodged: 24/02/2010

Nomination/ sponsorship approved: 1/03/2010

still waiting on the evisa online application to be approved though....8 weeks is a lot of time I feel, hopefully it gets sorted quickly now...The co just asked for some forms on 25th March which were duly submitted.

Just wanted to ask whether you have submitted the Medicals as well & whether you see the "Meds finalized " text in the evisa online application query page.

Hi,

I haven't been asked for medicals. I was told by a few that meds weren't required for low risk countries like the UK? Has anyone else had to submit meds from the Uk for a 457???

The CO came back and requested PCC checks and a form 1229 which was req'd but thats it.

Fingers crossed that'll be enough now. I'll post again on next update. Good luck with yours and keep us posted with the progress. The waiting is a killer but it helps talking to others in the same situation. Your sponsorship and nomination went through extremely quickly!!?? Where are you heading?

Adam:jiggy:

My OH accepted a job offer late March and they appointed an agent to deal with everything. As UK is a low risk country initial advice was no medicals were necessary but I then flagged up a slight medical issue which will involve me needing monthly blood tests and prescriptions, the agent then immediately recommended I had a medical so as not to delay the visa process when it was submitted. I had the full medical and x-rays on 31/03/10 and tracked the paperwork which confirmed it arrived in Sydney on 12/04/10, the 457 visa was lodged on 13/04/10 and the visas were granted on 16/04/10, the speed of it all took us by surprise as I had expected quite a few weeks delay while the medical issue was evaluated.

So basically, its Perth here we come! We hope to fly out on 01/06/10 and Im still coming to terms with the fact that a few months ago we had no plans whatsoever to move to Australia, I still can't believe its all happened!

Guest sharpie76

Hi guys I am too in the same situation job offered- company transfer to Melbourne migration agent appointed visa sent for processing 9th April was told will take approx 4 weeks as Sydney are getting through applications quickly.

Its just a waiting game and its driving me mad already need to move out of my house as tennants want to move in at beginning of May as cant sell my house....Removals need to be booked and Flights although the Iceland Volcanic situation is not looking good!!!

I am meant to start work for the beginning of June so fingers crossed and everything goes smoothly.:smile: Nicki

I'm too in the same situation. My 457 application was lodged on 3rd March and haven't heard a thing. The company were asked to provide training stuff which they did. I haven't had medicals so am worried about that bit. I am also in Perth now on a tourist visa although migration agent said this shouldn't be a problem but am so frustrated with the waiting. It's costing a fortune.

Trying to stay positive

Lou

Guest Aussie Wannabe
Hi,

I haven't been asked for medicals. I was told by a few that meds weren't required for low risk countries like the UK? Has anyone else had to submit meds from the Uk for a 457???

The CO came back and requested PCC checks and a form 1229 which was req'd but thats it.

Fingers crossed that'll be enough now. I'll post again on next update. Good luck with yours and keep us posted with the progress. The waiting is a killer but it helps talking to others in the same situation. Your sponsorship and nomination went through extremely quickly!!?? Where are you heading?

Adam:jiggy:

Hi ,

Yes you are right, Medicals not usually required for low Risk countries so you should be fine.

I would be heading for Sydney....last time I had 457 in 4 weeks flat after I submitted the medicals..that was 2 years back though, had the initial 457 for 2 years.

Now, since changed employers had to apply for 457 again....hopefully it gets sorted quickly now, running into week 9....All the best to everyone else waiting..

But I am surprised about the PCC..I certainly do not remember submitting them last time I applied for a 457 & this time I a positive I have not been asked to do so as well by the agent as well as the CO as yet........

Hi ,

Yes you are right, Medicals not usually required for low Risk countries so you should be fine.

I would be heading for Sydney....last time I had 457 in 4 weeks flat after I submitted the medicals..that was 2 years back though, had the initial 457 for 2 years.

Now, since changed employers had to apply for 457 again....hopefully it gets sorted quickly now, running into week 9....All the best to everyone else waiting..

But I am surprised about the PCC..I certainly do not remember submitting them last time I applied for a 457 & this time I a positive I have not been asked to do so as well by the agent as well as the CO as yet........

Hi AW,

Have you heard anymore this week? I did my PCC on the express service and it came back this morning all clear (posted Monday came back following Saturday) so fingers crossed now that should be it. :arghh:

Adam

C

Hi Colin,

CO did request PCCs in the end and they came back this morning - all clear. Uploaded everything now and just waiting. Have you heard any more??

Adam

Guest sharpie76

Hi Guys has anyone on this thread had their 457 visa granted? im still waiting getting desperate now as i have booked the removals for 7th May lets hope i hear before i move my house into storage!!!

im not very good with waiting and the uncertainty of not knowing i have a lot riding on these Visas.

Any posts would be greatful to put my mind at rest for a bit longer :confused:

Regards

Nicki

Hi

I got my 457 visa yesterday! Am so happy and I start on Tuesday (I'm already here in Perth).

It was lodged on 5th March and I was never asked for police checks or medicals, only proof of health insurance.

I know what you mean about the waiting, it has been horrible and expensive but it will suddenly come out the blue I'm sure!

Lou

Archived