Relationship problem!!

nickywes

Hi there

Can anyone help with this. My daughter and boyfriend have had their TRA accepted and now want to progress to the visa. They have been together approx 4 years and living together all over the place for a good 18 months-2 years. The trouble they have is that most of their financial stuff has been left separately, i.e. at our address for daughter and his mums for his stuff. They do have a joint bank account for savings but really have not used it and apart from that have a reference from a rented flat that they lived there together and utilities etc. were included.

My question is, if the case officer decides there is not enough financial proof that they are a proper couple then will they just not accept either of them or will my daughter just be kicked off the application.

Proving them living together is not a problem but they really have kept most of their financial matters separately, including cars as they have company cars.

Someone help please as don't want to send off application without knowing the implications.

Thanks

Nicky

Guest EM&M
Hi there

Can anyone help with this. My daughter and boyfriend have had their TRA accepted and now want to progress to the visa. They have been together approx 4 years and living together all over the place for a good 18 months-2 years. The trouble they have is that most of their financial stuff has been left separately, i.e. at our address for daughter and his mums for his stuff. They do have a joint bank account for savings but really have not used it and apart from that have a reference from a rented flat that they lived there together and utilities etc. were included.

My question is, if the case officer decides there is not enough financial proof that they are a proper couple then will they just not accept either of them or will my daughter just be kicked off the application.

Proving them living together is not a problem but they really have kept most of their financial matters separately, including cars as they have company cars.

Someone help please as don't want to send off application without knowing the implications.

Thanks

Nicky

Nicky, this is a difficult one. I am sure that someone else had asked this question as they had to prove their relationship. If I remember right they were asked for photos of them together from past holidays, tickets or invites with both of their names on etc. Im sure that someone else will be able to help more.

Em x

Guest Abi&Dan

Presume it's the boyf's TRA that's been accepted?

I know they do require evidence of ongoing relationship status - but they do set a fair bit of store in Statutory declarations from various sources confirming the relationship (I did one for my sis and her OH).

Failing that they could get married!!

Hopefully one of the agents who visit will be able to confirm - good luck!!

Thanks for the replies. They do have photos, invitations, holiday bookings etc. which are from quite a way back and also there are plenty of people to do stat decs for them, including myself as they lived with us for a fair while but it is the joint finances that they would have a problem with as not much evidence there really. They are only 24 and 22 so don't think that marriage is on the cards just yet.

If all information is sent as above including declarations, are they likely to come back for more info and if they decide there is not enough evidence would her boyfriend automatically have his application rejected or would they just let him apply and my daughter would go a different way, i.e. study or whv?

Nicky

Guest hays

Hi Nicky,

My OH and i are in a similar situation. We have been together for 6 years now, but all our finances are kept seperate. I went through a messy divorce about 9 years ago and decided i wouldnt ever do joint finances again!! Quite a hasty and unrealistic statement! Anyway, we have spoken to an agent and as we only have a few things, photos, a few invites etc we were told it was extremely difficult to prove a relationship this way. Our agent said we could get married to make it a lot easier, she said that we could apply for the visa etc and not be married but would have to get married before the visa was granted. this is the route we'll be taking. I know you said they are 24 ad 22 so i dont know what to suggest. Have you spoken to an agent?

hays

Hi there

We did speak to an agent and she said that we would have no problem proving living together but it was possible that they could ask at a later date for evidence of financial commitment, which is understandable. Unfortunately, they keep most of it separate. They do have a joint savings/bank account which has been open about 2 years but have not really used it as they never seem to have much spare money.

They definitely do not want to get married just yet as it would be a marriage purely for visa purposes and although they are set on staying together have both seen the effects of divorce etc.

I still don't know what will happen if they do decide to do the visa and the CO decides not enough info, will they just let him carry on without her.

We have looked into other ways just in case. We are waiting on our visa right now. Medicals signed for last week, so could be pretty soon (hopefully).

Nicky

Guest hays

If they can prove the relationship I cant see why it would be a problem. If they have the evidence needed and your agent thinks it will be ok, then it probably will be!

Good luck with your visa, and theirs! before you know it you'll all be living it up in Oz and wondering what the worry was about!:wink:

Archived