France

Guest Lourdes

I know what you mean Tasha it's really bad when you feel Retired when you're in your 30's!!!!

Also I got really worried when I did a stint in a local Factory (couldn't find any other work & hated every minute of it!!) & the majority of employees were school leavers / youngsters & when I asked them why they worked there, they all replied that they couldn't find any other work!!

Guest trike pilot tom

Thank,s for that info Rouge, It got me worried for a bit. Im getting my brother to sponser me, so im hopping that will help me along a bit.

Yea iv,e enjoyed my time in France and it,s been fun learning another language (Badly!) But it,s time to move on.

Tom.

I think we're all pretty spead out across France, except the 3 of us up in Brittany! But more than happy as Pluto said to chat over e-mail / phone etc! This Visa business certainly doesn't look easy, the TRA stuff looks a nightmare for us as the OH is SE but a one man band that has only worked for a few clients over the years & the customers bought all their materials! I'm not sure how we're going to get around that one:err:!

Where are you all heading to in Aus? We're looking at Tasmania.

Hi Rouge :wubclub:

We are hoping to get to WA if we can

TRA & self employed, we had the same problem, I made spreadsheets for 4 years which had dates of the work, what the work was, how long the job lasted, and supplied a reference from each client & photo evidence.

We only ever use one supplier as we are out in the sticks and he was happy to do us a suppliers reference.

Also supplied any uk evidence we had before France, tax records for self employment etc

We backed up all our evidence with a very detailed statutory declaration. Everything certified by our Notaire and that service was free.

Just collect as much evidence as you can

Sam

Hi all,

We are also Self Employed heavyside building contractors (or should that be unemployed!) in France and have been through the TRA/state sponsored/doc Translation/attestation/self migration route, we got our Visa in Jan this year after 18months of hard work and nail biting deadlines, so if I can be of any help please feel free to PM me

Hi all,

We are also Self Employed heavyside building contractors (or should that be unemployed!) in France and have been through the TRA/state sponsored/doc Translation/attestation/self migration route, we got our Visa in Jan this year after 18months of hard work and nail biting deadlines, so if I can be of any help please feel free to PM me

Hi Neil

Thanks for joining this thread, I did not realise there were so many people in France trying to escape down under...

Have you got off cloud 9 yet?:laugh:

How are you finding getting a transport company to move your stuff??? Are you having to take it back to the UK or will it go direct from France? I had heard it was cheaper taking it back to the UK!

Any idea when you are planning on leaving?

Good to hear from you.

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Tasha

Still can't believe the Visa came through, but planning to leave France early 2011, as my current order book ends in Nov 2010, we're selling most of our "household stuff" and my truck & building kit, so not taking much just a small sea container of 40 cubic metres of essentials and my hand tools. we've had a couple of reasonable quotes but nothing sorted yet.

So if anyone out there wants to buy a house & business with 3 acres of land let me know,

Good luck or should that be Bon courage.

Bonsoir,

I've spoken via pm with a few of you. We made the move from Brittany over to WA last August, took 2.5 years of paperwork and house selling nightmares but we're here and do not regret it for a minute. Going to France was a great decision, also a great decision to leave. Keep on going, i know it can be a nightmare but worth it in the end.

We don't miss france at all, we have the same sort of red tape problems over here but at least we can argue in our mother tongue! Australia is different to france the one thing we miss is our lovely garden and grounds, now we're on a housing estate but can walk to the beautiful Indian Ocean - how fab is that!

It'll happen and the wait'll be worth it!!!!

Bon courage to all of you and stay positive.

Janet & Co

Hi Janet & co

Thanks for the encouraging post, we are going to keep trying !

I too will miss our lovely house here but having 3 children I am looking forward to estate living for them, friends to play out with that don't live 15 kms plus away from us !

I will not miss handing over all our earnings to the RSI :swoon:

Sam

Hi Janet

Good to hear from you, and am so glad its all working out nicely for you!

I have to say I wont be missing our house... It is just far too big and cold for me. I hate having to clean it and to heat it in this miserable cold weather! :xmasnorthpole: Costs us a fortune to run the central heating system, and I so need the warmth! Gary will miss his precious house though, and I am not surprised as he has put a lot of hard work into renovating it!

I am also looking forward to having the kids have other kids to play with where you don't have to get in the car to go and see them...

Cotisation charges... well the less said about that the better really!

Can't wait now to get our house on the market, sold and get the visa and move on in our lives... I want to feel alive again!!!:angel_happy_face_ha

Tasha x

Hi Janet, great to hear you are enjoying your new life in Aus, I tried to e-mail you a little while ago to see how you were getting on but the e-mail bounced back, so it's really nice to hear from you & very encouraging for the rest of us still in the visa process!

Hi Morg36, where abouts are you based & where are you off to in Aus if you don't mind me asking? Also thanks for your offer to help us other guys out!

My OH will miss our property more than me as he has put so much hard work into renovating it, like your OH Tasha & I will miss our stables / sandschool as it is everything I've ever wanted & dreamed of that we couldn't afford in the UK! But we hope we can replace our property with something similar in Taz (fingers crossed)!

Well cotisations & paperwork in France is definitely one thing we won't miss!!! Like you said Janet at least if we do come across problems we can have it out in English!!!

Hi Guys, just seen the exchange rate Euros into Aus Dollars, it's pretty poor :eek:, hope by the time we get to Aus it gets allot better!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone

Hope you all are well after the big storms :wubclub:

Thanks xxx

We have weathered it all well, although our neighbours haven't... their house is lower down than ours and the rain water from our house has gone into their garden and into their house, and we have also found a leak on our fosse!!!

Gary has to have the day off work tomorrow to get it all fixed! :mad:

God didnt it rain though... so much water! and the winds were awful! Suprised our roof stayed on!:wideeyed:

Tasha xxx

Hi all, this will sound really strange but we didn't get hit too bad, not too much rain & the winds weren't too bad either! A bit strange seeing you aren't too far from us Tasha! How did you fair Pluto?

Nightmare Tasha, hope the fosse is not too much work for Gary :wubclub:

Lucky Rouge, we were hit bad but my friend 40 mins away had no probs

I'm still missing a chair from the garden furniture ! It was terrible, I got no sleep I was convinced the house was going to fall down :unsure:

Our neighbour lost their barn roof and I had to deliver back bins & stuff to other neighbours

Very scary !

Sam

x

• 1 month later...

Bonjour mes amis, :laugh:

Just thought I would say hello to you all, and check in to see how you are all doing and to see what the latest is on your visa application!!!

For us we are still no further forward, still waiting patiently! Just looking forward to the change in weather here, finally some sunshine... just wish that wind would drop!

Anybody else got any further forward?

Tasha:wubclub:

Guest Mr Happy

A tradie here I know well went to France a few months back for 6 weeks to work on cars damaged by hail. It must have been one 'ell of a storm.

A tradie here I know well went to France a few months back for 6 weeks to work on cars damaged by hail. It must have been one 'ell of a storm.

We suffered mainly with the wind and rain, it was a lot worse in other parts of France. I think we got it lucky!

What part of France did you come over to?

Anyone leaving Oz and looking to go back to Europe - we are selling a lovely detached farmhouse - only two hours from ferry port to south of england - very cheap to buy a house in France, lots of expats and lots of english speaking friendly french people. Just thought i'd mention it just in case..............

They have the best quality of life on the planet .....in my humble opinion.

The worlds best capital city , best roads , history , scenery , beaches , architecture, and the bloody weather as well .......on top of all that ,they have their values right.

fantastic country

They have the best quality of life on the planet .....in my humble opinion.

The worlds best capital city , best roads , history , scenery , beaches , architecture, and the bloody weather as well .......on top of all that ,they have their values right.

fantastic country

why are they leaving:biggrin:

Bonjour mes amis, :laugh:

Just thought I would say hello to you all, and check in to see how you are all doing and to see what the latest is on your visa application!!!

For us we are still no further forward, still waiting patiently! Just looking forward to the change in weather here, finally some sunshine... just wish that wind would drop!

Anybody else got any further forward?

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi Tasha :v_SPIN:

We are waiting for SS ....hoping to hear good news around May/June

Fed up of the wind too but enjoying the sunshine, we have been fishing but caught nothing !

Sam

Archived