Migration HELP please

Guest Molloy

Guest Molloy

Can you please help, we are finding it difficult in migrating to Australia. Although I have spent the last 4 years obtaining various qualifications we have looked at the skills route and find ourselves lacking in relevant qualifications, and although we have our own business this is slightly under the 'turnover' required for a business visa. Can anyone please advise us what would be the next best thing to do - face to face with an expert or is it worth going to a migration conference?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest kdal

Hi Molloy

Have you tried calling an agent to seek there advise? We just telephoned and asked them they straight away added up our points over the telephone and told us if ok or not, lucky for us we was ok! You do not need to use an agent they do give abit of free advise over the telephone and if yours is a tricky one and they say it is possible you may want to use an agent after all.

Good luck

I would definitely speak to an agent, I spent 2 years wrongly thinking my skills would not be recognised only to speak to an agent who said we could go for permanent residency! Far beyond my wildest dreams!

Good Luck with it

Becky x

Hi

What is it you do? What are the qualifications?

We spent about a year trying to find a way in, being told we didn't have enough points, relevant experience etc, it was all very complicated. We eventually found out we could go for an STNI with Victoria and started the ball rolling. We did it all ourselves and we actually go for our meds next week.

So don't give up, keep looking, I'm sure there's always a way, if we can do it anyone can.

Emma x

We went on my oh skill and lack points but when we spoke to an agent it was my skill that got us more points but then we were 5 short but two job offers has sorted that out.so what we r all saying is get some advice from an agent!Don't let anything dis-harden u before u know where u stand.

Guest Molloy
Hi

We spent about a year trying to find a way in, being told we didn't have enough points, relevant experience etc, it was all very complicated. We eventually found out we could go for an STNI with Victoria and started the ball rolling. We did it all ourselves and we actually go for our meds next week.

So don't give up, keep looking, I'm sure there's always a way, if we can do it anyone can.

Emma x

Thank you for your reply, it has given us alot of much needed hope.

I am currently working as a Teaching Assistant qualified with an NVQ3 in Child Care. Although this qualifys me to run a pre-school in England unfortunately I have not got the experience to fulfil their requirements as we have seen on their forms for the post of Child Care Co-ordinator. My husband has his painting and decorating qualifications although again does not have the experience.

Thank you as now we will keep trying.

Guest Molloy
Hi

Emma x

Thank you for your reply, it has given us alot of much needed hope.

I am currently working as a Teaching Assistant qualified with an NVQ3 in Child Care. Although this qualifys me to run a pre-school in England unfortunately I have not got the experience to fulfil their requirements as we have seen on their forms for the post of Child Care Co-ordinator. My husband has his painting and decorating qualifications although again does not have the experience.

Thank you for your help so far, now we will keep trying.

Guest Mick&Nicky

Hi Molloy

We tried for ages we went to seminars and did the online assessments and were always told we needed more experience, but then we came across our agent Doulene Styen she is Australian based but was visiting the uk. She was fantastic even though she is in Perth all emails were answered within 24hrs. Her web sight is http://WWW.THEOZLIFE.COM its advertised on here. We went from not being able to go last May to getting the visa in December and we are off in August.

Good Luck don't give up

Guest helenp

Hi

Yes I couldnt agree more - try using an agent - I use RJ Webb Associates and although i havent got my visa yet he is so helpful (all emails answered the following day) and more importantly very honest. He operates on a no visa no fee process and is obliged to tell you if he thinks you have a chance or not. try an agent for advice - they know their stuff

I have a question actually, whilst Im here - I have finally finished getting all my stuff together and now i need to get them notarised. Can anyone tell me where i go for this. Can a solicitor do it. I heard a rumour that police officers can do it but i cant find this on the web anywher so i doubt its true.

I dont want to spend a fortune so any help would be gratefully received.

thanks

Helen

Guest Rachel&Stu
Hi

I have a question actually, whilst Im here - I have finally finished getting all my stuff together and now i need to get them notarised. Can anyone tell me where i go for this. Can a solicitor do it. I heard a rumour that police officers can do it but i cant find this on the web anywher so i doubt its true.

Helen

Check out Kazmatt's post of 13.05.07 posted in the 'welcome' forum.

Cheers,

Rachel x

Guest Rachel&Stu

Trying to send you the link:

[thread]111690[/thread]

Hope this works.

Rachel x

Guest helenp

HI

Sorry, me again. I cant find the thread about who is eligible to notarise my documents. Can anyone help me, I am seaching through the "welcome" bit but my boss keeps walking past and i have to close the screen again. Plus there is an awful lot of messages there !!

The link i got before didnt work unfortunately.

Thanks guys

Helen

Guest Rachel&Stu
HI

Sorry, me again. I cant find the thread about who is eligible to notarise my documents. Can anyone help me, I am seaching through the "welcome" bit but my boss keeps walking past and i have to close the screen again. Plus there is an awful lot of messages there !!

The link i got before didnt work unfortunately.

Thanks guys

Helen

I hate computers when they don't do what you want them to!!

Try this link again [thread]20922[/thread].

If it doesn't work, go to the Search box at the top of this page. Click on it. Type in kazmatt and select the 'show threads' option. It will then bring up all kazmatt's threads, and the very first one showing, dated 14.05.07 is the one to read.

Let me know if this works!:skeptical:

Rachel x

Guest helenp

ahh thanks Rachel

I will try it now

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you - left work early on friday !!

thanks

Helen

Guest helenp

It worked !! thanks

I shall phone around a few people this week and even try the magistrates court.

Thanks again

Helen

Guest Rachel&Stu

EUREKA!!!!

So glad it worked, finally.

Best of luck with it all.

Rachel x:wubclub:

Archived