You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pon82

Bridging Visa and another application!!!

Guest Pon82

Hi,

I have applied for a Graduate Visa 485 but the nominated occupation I applied is not on CSL and it has been more than 7 months now and I have no hope until middle of 2010.

In december I decided changing my nominated occupation to Urban and Regional Planner (CSL) and I have got a positive result.

My question is, Can I apply for another Graduate visa or even change my nominated occupation? I've been calling and I've been to Immigration many times but they are hopeless, each one gives me a different answer,it's very hard to trust them.

Someone willing to help????

Many thanks!

Guest bluehat

No, you cant change your nominated occupation after you lodged according to DIAC rules. However, you can apply a new application with the new nominated occupation.

You have graduated and been on bridging visa OVER six months ago so you cannot apply for another 485 because you failed applying within 6 months after graduated requirement.

I think You should wait for your current 485 application (non-CSL) approval. While it would take longer to be process, all you need to do is earn enough points in order to apply 885 visa with your CSL nominated occupation.

Guest Pon82

Hey bluehat ,thanks for your help...

My doubt about this is because I called Immigration yesterday and they said I can lodge another application but in paper, not on line...

Guest bluehat

That's right. Online system allows only one application subclass applied at a time. So they told you to submit application by paper if you had already done online.

But I doubt they might reject your application because you failed applying within 6 months. Here is information:

Who is this visa for?

This visa is for you if you are an overseas student who:

• is under 45 years of age
  • in the last six (6) months has completed an eligible qualification(s) as a result of at least two (2) years study in Australia
  • is unable to meet the passmark on the points test for the Skilled – Independent (Residence) visa
  • has the skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and your nominated occupation is classified as either a 60 point occupation or a 50 point occupation.

You should call DIAC to ask about this matter.