scottntina

sponsorship for sparkies ???

Hi guys,

has any one had any luck with finding sponsorship with any companies taking on electricians...

Its so tough, tried applying to a few, but all say the same : Great cv, and happy to see you when you have your visa !!!

But how do you get that visa !!!! aaarrrggghhhh.

have applied for 176, but could take forever...

desperate for ENS visa.

we have ss for western australia.:arghh:

Scott and Tina, WA SS applied 31/07/09. 175 app 08/09/09. .... Received SS 10/02/10. . Yippeeee ! CO assigned 18/01/11. medicals 4/2/2011, police checks sent 23/2/2011.... visa granted 28/03/2011. flights booked for 22nd june. YAY !!!

Hi guys,

has any one had any luck with finding sponsorship with any companies taking on electricians...

Its so tough, tried applying to a few, but all say the same : Great cv, and happy to see you when you have your visa !!!

But how do you get that visa !!!! aaarrrggghhhh.

have applied for 176, but could take forever...

desperate for ENS visa.

we have ss for western australia.:arghh:

Hi scottntina,

We are in the same boat! My husband is an electrician too. We did the whole Vetassess thing at the beginning of last year. Submitted State Spons application to WA in July'09 and still waiting to hear from them!!

We got the badnews last year as well that this whole palava might only be finalised end 2012, and there's no way we want to wait that long.

We were hoping to have some luck on getting an employer-sponsored visa (we are willing to try just about any route to get there!) so I have hunted on www.seek.com.au www.mycareer.com (and various other Aus websites) I have emailed LOADS of my hubby's cv's to places - and no joy. It seems that Australian companies' hands are also tied when it comes to employing any foreigners... They must be finding it as frustrating as we are.:wub:

If we DO however have any luck with finding any prospective employers, I'll be sure to let you know. There seem to be tons of bricklayers and carpenters on PIO but not too many sparkies...we need to stick together. :smile: If you have any joy on your side, please would you let us know too?

Best of luck with your plans!!

From C&J

Hi scottntina,

We are in the same boat! My husband is an electrician too. We did the whole Vetassess thing at the beginning of last year. Submitted State Spons application to WA in July'09 and still waiting to hear from them!!

We got the badnews last year as well that this whole palava might only be finalised end 2012, and there's no way we want to wait that long.

We were hoping to have some luck on getting an employer-sponsored visa (we are willing to try just about any route to get there!) so I have hunted on www.seek.com.auwww.mycareer.com (and various other Aus websites) I have emailed LOADS of my hubby's cv's to places - and no joy. It seems that Australian companies' hands are also tied when it comes to employing any foreigners... They must be finding it as frustrating as we are.:wub:

If we DO however have any luck with finding any prospective employers, I'll be sure to let you know. There seem to be tons of bricklayers and carpenters on PIO but not too many sparkies...we need to stick together. :smile: If you have any joy on your side, please would you let us know too?

Best of luck with your plans!!

From C&J

Hi C&J,,

you seem to be in exactly the same position as us... done the vetassess earlier last year, and waitin for SS any day now hopefully. we applied WA 31st july. So we should both be soon hopefully. I can understand the Aus companies not wanting to sponsor really, its abit much without actually meeting prospective employers.... And of course our OH still need to do more once over there to get A grade licence. Its just one thing after another.

We so desperate to go too, really dont want to wait another couple of years...

We are going over to perth in june for a month if nothing has changed by then, hoping we can maybe set up a few interviews... will try anything. Just hoping it will be a bit easier if we can see people face to face.

Anyway, thanks for your response and will definately keep you posted if we have any luck. would be grateful for any leads you get too.

keep in touch

Tina and Scott.

Scott and Tina, WA SS applied 31/07/09. 175 app 08/09/09. .... Received SS 10/02/10. . Yippeeee ! CO assigned 18/01/11. medicals 4/2/2011, police checks sent 23/2/2011.... visa granted 28/03/2011. flights booked for 22nd june. YAY !!!