Guest Loo88

Uni Fees & Healthcare [and other related financial issues]

Guest Loo88

I've been living in the UK for nearly 8 years, and I'm heading back to Adelaide on tuesday, starting Uni next month.

Just curious as to whether anybody else has been in a similar situation, and knows how Uni fees work [what benefits are available, or whether I have to be back in the country for a while], and the asme with healthcare. How much am I covered?

Thanks =]

Guest swandog

Hi Loo,

Are you an Australian citizen? If so, you will be eligible for HECS (student loan from the govt). You have rights to medicare (public health) regardless if you are an Aussie or a Brit.

Ed

Hi Loo,

Are you an Australian citizen? If so, you will be eligible for HECS (student loan from the govt). You have rights to medicare (public health) regardless if you are an Aussie or a Brit.

Ed

HECS is actually the fees (Higher Education Contribution Scheme), HECS HELP HECS-HELP will be available if you are an Australian citizen and is a student loan. There is also a HECS discount if you pay your fees upfront

Guest Loo88

Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks =]

And yeah, I am a citizen. Aussie born, just been in UK last few years.

Guest swandog

You might find however, that you need to subscribe to the ambulance service. Some states offer this for free but others make you pay. Apparently it isn't very expensive, but I couldn't tell you for sure.