Parent Visa 143 - Assurance of support

Guest angedoon

Guest angedoon

Hello all.

I am new to this site, so g'day to ya.

We are currently in the system for a Contributory Parent Visa 143.

I thought I'd let you know that I did the assurance of support for mum today, and it was so easy! A visit to Centrelink then to the Commonwealth Bank then back to Centrelink and hey presto all approved and set up. All in all it took about two hours. I was expecting a load of red tape, but no!!

Isn't it lovely when things go the way you want??

I have been living in Perth for 11 years now (came over on visa 126), so if I can answer any questions just yell!

:biggrin:

Guest happilou

Hi, could you share when did you lodge the CPV, how long did it take for case officer to be allocated? When do they request the medicals to be done and how soon is the AoS requested - is it $10k or it depends on each case?

Thanks lots!

Guest angedoon

We lodged in July 2008, We got a case worker in Nov 09, medicals were requested straight away along with AOS. The AOS has to be approved and logded within two weeks of the appointment with Centrelink (I had to wait a few weeks for the appointment), I did it the same day. It was $10,000 (ten Years) for Mum, but that's the max for one person I think. The good news is it's held in a term deposit for ten years and you get interest!!! 6.75% - Not bad.

Fingers crossed my mums medical is ok as it's been referred :-(

Hope this helps.

Guest happilou

angedoon, all the best to you & your mum!

Does your mum have any medical problems? My mum had an op for her lung when she was a teenager (some blood clot) so there is some scarring on the lung. I hope she'll clear her meds as well coz' it has been such a long time ago.... she's in reasonably good health now, so I hope they don't make a big fuss about it! Even when she's here on visitors' visa, she is followed up by the Local Health Services Chest Clinic & she has been doing consecutive x-rays everytime she's here. Its now the 3rd yr... so her "final" x-ray is due in Jun 2010 aft which I believe she shd be given the ALL CLEAR! I hope HSA will liase with them to confirm that she is of no risk to Oz, since they have consistently monitored her condition, otherwise it'll be a long draggy process.

Cheers

Guest janine31

We have been in oz two yrs , my mum would like to move out and be with us full time but i have two brothers living in uk do u think she would still qualify for the same visa you had for your mum?

thanks

Guest happilou

Hi Janine,

The CPV that we have mentioned is the Contributory Parent Visa. For any parent visa, they need to pass the Balance of Family test, i.e. 50% of more of your children will have to be in Australia. If one of your brothers considering migrating to Oz, there would be a possibility. Otherwise, she could get a 12 month visa and visit you.

Hope you'll decide which might be the best options for you. I understand mums would generally prefer to live with daughters, so I do empathize with your situation!

Guest angedoon
We have been in oz two yrs , my mum would like to move out and be with us full time but i have two brothers living in uk do u think she would still qualify for the same visa you had for your mum?

thanks

The balance of family test says that the majority of your parents children (inc step children) must be resident in Oz. My mum and Dad (step) couldn't come over before as my Dad had three children in the UK, we lost my Dad to cancer in 2008 and as this no longer makes the children my Mum's step children allowed her to pass the balance of family (I am my Mum's only child). If in doubt you should call the POPC helpline, they were fantastic with our intial questions.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Guest janine31

Thats what i thought no both brothers live in Uk and my mum in Spain which is were We previously lived together, looks like the only option is to find her a hubby......

Guest angedoon
angedoon, all the best to you & your mum!

Does your mum have any medical problems? My mum had an op for her lung when she was a teenager (some blood clot) so there is some scarring on the lung. I hope she'll clear her meds as well coz' it has been such a long time ago.... she's in reasonably good health now, so I hope they don't make a big fuss about it! Even when she's here on visitors' visa, she is followed up by the Local Health Services Chest Clinic & she has been doing consecutive x-rays everytime she's here. Its now the 3rd yr... so her "final" x-ray is due in Jun 2010 aft which I believe she shd be given the ALL CLEAR! I hope HSA will liase with them to confirm that she is of no risk to Oz, since they have consistently monitored her condition, otherwise it'll be a long draggy process.

Cheers

Yes Mum has diabetes and high blood pressure both controlled with medication. She also showed red blood cells in her urine test and has a fatty liver (very usual in today's society). The medical centre in the uk sent her for a load of tests and scans etc nothing showed up as unusual. Fingers crossed!

<snip>

The good news is it's held in a term deposit for ten years and you get interest!!! 6.75% - Not bad.

Hope this helps.

Yes, that is a good rate of interest ... compared with the UK it rather explains why the A$ is motoring ahead against the GBP, as investors pile into a higher yielding currency.

Remember the interest is taxable though. :sad:

Best regards.

Yes Mum has diabetes and high blood pressure both controlled with medication. She also showed red blood cells in her urine test and has a fatty liver (very usual in today's society). The medical centre in the uk sent her for a load of tests and scans etc nothing showed up as unusual. Fingers crossed!

A health undertaking might be the result:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/815.pdf

This would be nothing to worry about ... just an undertaking to attend a health check within (probably) 3 months of arrival in Australia.

Best regards.

Guest angedoon
If a Health Undertaking is required the applicant merely has to sign the form 815; in such circumstances the only basis for refusing the application in the health context is a failure to return the signed form.

Best regards.

Sorry Alan, I meant her health diagnosis...............do you think she would be declined a visa?

• 1 year later...

hello angedoon

thanks for your post.

quick question - did you have to pay the $10K AOS only after the visa was granted for your mom?

How long did it take for the Contributory parent visa to come through?

thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi, I was asked to provide a police check and AoS, just wonder after I done all these two, how do I notify immigration office? But email or mail? I didn't hear anything from CO after providing the bank guarantee for AoS, are they going to send me an approval / confirmation letter for the AoS?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi, I was asked to provide a police check and AoS, just wonder after I done all these two, how do I notify immigration office? But email or mail? I didn't hear anything from CO after providing the bank guarantee for AoS, are they going to send me an approval / confirmation letter for the AoS?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Are you the applicant, or the Assurer?

Assurers aren't asked to provide police certificates ...

Best regards.

• 3 years later...

The good news is it's held in a term deposit for ten years and you get interest!!! 6.75%

Are you sure? The bond is only for 5 years and then has to be renewed. We were getting 5.7% for five years and have just had to renew with the Commonwealth Bank and will now only be getting 2.55% for the next five years.

The good news is it's held in a term deposit for ten years and you get interest!!! 6.75%

Are you sure? The bond is only for 5 years and then has to be renewed. We were getting 5.7% for five years and have just had to renew with the Commonwealth Bank and will now only be getting 2.55% for the next five years.

We were told 2.5%

Archived