interview for defacto visa

Guest Taz01

Guest Taz01

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone can help...

Do they always ask for an interview for the de-facto visa? And at what stage do they do this?

After the medicals and police checks go in, is there anything else that they ask for, or is the next step really the big YES!

Thanks,

Eva

:biggrin:

Guest aveenandme

:spinny: Hi. Don't think I'll be much help. We looked at the defacto route but it all seemed so complex, proving this and that. In the end we just decided to apply individually, but asked for applications to be processed togeather, which they did. Can you meet the criteria?

Once the meds and police checks are in, that should be it till the big nod. (we ended up in a back log and probobally at the end of anual allocation, so had to renew police check which, like the meds has a 12 month expiry date. Keep an eye on when they were done!)

Good luck:biggrin:

Guest Emcee

Hi Taz

We just had a de facto visa approved. We were not asked for an interview. After we'd sent in all the forms, stat decs, police checks and I'd had the medical, I was sent 1 more form to fill in which asked for details of my employment history and places I'd visited other than Aus. It also asked for some info on my family which was already on the main form. I sent that back and had the letter granting the visa within about a week to 10 days. The whole thing was dealt with pretty quickly (although it took us weeks to get together all the docs, evidence etc before we submitted the application).

Hope this helps.

Hi,Think you normally only have an interview if you apply onshore (in oz) but not always, my friend here in oz came through on defacto and applied in oz and didnt have an interview, i myself applied via spouse visa and i did have an interview

Guest Taz01

Thanks!

I found the form with the countries and family info online so my partner sent that in with the rest of the paperwork. We were hoping to front-load but the police check apparantly expired after 6 months???

Hope it won't be too much longer as we are just waiting for the new police check to come back.

My OH will be relieved if he doesn't have an interview!

Eva

:)

Archived