daughter changed her mind !!!!!

Guest bluemoon

Guest bluemoon

We have been here for nearly 3 years,and when we came to Australia our elder children did not want to come.

My daughter rang me today,the middle of the night in England,crying and saying she wants to be with me here.

Has this happened to anyone else,only i need advice on how to get her here.She is not a dependent child anymore as she will be 19 this year.

What would be the easiest way to get her here,and then could we get her a permanent visa once she is here.

Please help,any advice would be better than the mush going round in my head at the moment:confused:

We have been here for nearly 3 years,and when we came to Australia our elder children did not want to come.

My daughter rang me today,the middle of the night in England,crying and saying she wants to be with me here.

Has this happened to anyone else,only i need advice on how to get her here.She is not a dependent child anymore as she will be 19 this year.

What would be the easiest way to get her here,and then could we get her a permanent visa once she is here.

Please help,any advice would be better than the mush going round in my head at the moment:confused:

If you send an email to: visa@pinoyau.com I will have a look at your case.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi bluemoon

Since you speak of elder "children" who were left behind in the UK, I suspect that Remaining Relative visa may not not be possible?

Does your daughter have any particular skills?

Also, has she had a Working Holiday visa?

Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration

If the first three really fail, the next thing would be to consider a Student visa. However that is easier said than done because of the cost and because not everything that your daughter might want to study is necessarily available in your part of QLD.

Could you please give us some more tips about the girl, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest bluemoon
Hi bluemoon

Since you speak of elder "children" who were left behind in the UK, I suspect that Remaining Relative visa may not not be possible?

Does your daughter have any particular skills?

Also, has she had a Working Holiday visa?

Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration

If the first three really fail, the next thing would be to consider a Student visa. However that is easier said than done because of the cost and because not everything that your daughter might want to study is necessarily available in your part of QLD.

Could you please give us some more tips about the girl, please?

Cheers

Gill

she has done a 2 year beauty coarse,of which she passed all levels but decided to not do a third year,so im thinking perhaps she could come out to carry on with that training.

Also since i came here,her step mum has taken her own life,her dad lives with his new girlfriend,and letting the girls stay in the house untill such time as he sells it,but they are paying the bills and mortgage,i think they have another 2 of thier friends there as well and split everything 4 ways.

She is so down at the moment,and when she is in tears saying she wants to come here,all i can say is i will do all i can,but i fear that will not be enough.surely there must be a visa she can come out on then we go for a permanent visa while she is here.

I am getting down with it all myself now,as i dont have the answers for her.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi bluemoon

Cheryl Bird is an ace migration agent who lives not far from you:

Bird Australian Migration Agency

In the short term, has your daughter had a Working Holiday visa as yet? That would at least hold the fort for her for 24 months if she has not had one of these visas as yet.

I doubt that studying Beauty Therapy in Oz would be likely to do much good. Also it may not be possible near you but Cheryl will know what the possibilities are.

Another way to get your daughter into Oz would be on a tourist visa but she would not be able to work on this visa:

Visa Options - Tourists - Visitors - Visas & Immigration

I'd suggest a chat with Cheryl who is very nice and would stop you from feeling so alone with this, hun.

Cheers

Gill

Im sure you will find a way to resolve this, Good luck

Proview

Guest Gollywobbler
she has not had a working visa,are these hard to get?

Hi bluemoon

No - they are very easy to get.

If you just read all about them on the link given above, make sure that you daughter has all the dosh needed and then use your loaves, you can do the application on line by yourselves where the DIAC link says, "Applying for this visa" - which is within the stuff stated for WH visa.

She should have the visa within a couple of weeks.

I believe that it is the way forward for you and then if the girl wants to do her 3 months of "regional specified work" in order to stay for a second year, you have over a year in which to sort out how the student thing for Oz will work in the future.

Cheers

Gill

This is precisely we I am fighting to get my daughter out with us, She doesnt want to come and to cut along story short, because of her Fathers refusal to help we have missed our deadline for our visa and are now languishing with the other Cat5's wondering if we will get lucky.

I have told her and told her that I will not leave her here on her own and that one day I am sure she will bitterly regret not wanting to come with us, All her immediete family and most of her extended family will be in Australia, but at her age her friends are more important!:arghh::arghh:

Guest wiccanwitch

i must say bluemoon i really do feel for youon this one

i too will be leaving 3 kids behind maybe 4 and it is eally pulling at my heart

good luck i hope there is a way to get her over

Hi PIO, just recieved email from immigration saying that myself, husband and 13 yr old daughter are okay, but we have to provide proof of dependecy for my 18yr old, at the moment she is only working

a part time/casual agency job but the previous 5 months she has worked nearly full time earning

nearly £160 a week but she stilled lived at home, the money she earned just about paid for her a car

and insurance which she needed to get to work, everything else like , shelter,food,clothes she's

dependent on me and her dad for,i don,t know what to do next any advise would be great.

Thanks Paula.

Guest bluemoon

Thanks Gill,i have spoken to somebody on the phone at Sydney immigration department who said she could come out on a working visa,and then if she decides this is where she wants to be,we can apply for permanent residency while she is here.At the moment its all to good to be true,i feel something will go wrong for us somehow,still i must calm,even though i have had a headache since her phone call to me the other day.

I know this sounds a stupid question,but how much will this working visa cost,and does she apply for it or do we have to be in on the application as well ? sorry for sounding so stupid,but i cant think straight at the moment,i keep hearing her crying down the phone to me in my head all the time,i cant focus

Archived