pot/Cannabis

Guest jane

Guest jane

hi we are going for are meds next week,my husband smokes a bit of pot now and then will this go against us/will it be picked up.

Guest dive monkey

No, don't worry. They're only checking your urine for glucose, protein, blood etc for things like diabetes and infections. You can tell him to chill out - although he probably already is :wink:

Guest jenny79
hi we are going for are meds next week,my husband smokes a bit of pot now and then will this go against us/will it be picked up.

hi there...

i'm a member of another forum, and recently there was a post from someone, who said that he declared smoking pot casually, and visa was granted... to tell you the truth, i don't know whether it was a spouse visa or a skilled visa. but it was granted.

he declared it since it is said that pot still shows up in tests even weeks after being taken.

hope this helps, and good luck :)

Guest jane

Thank you we just need to be sure as everyone says different things.Just dont know if they test for it ?

Guest jenny79
Thank you we just need to be sure as everyone says different things.Just dont know if they test for it ?

jane, i wouldn't know what to reply. to tell you the truth, i'm a virgin to this topic, coz i never did any kind of drugs (other than those prescribed by the doc).

but as far as i know, it can be detected from the urine test... over here, they carry urine tests weekly in prison to detect whether an inmate has abused from drugs... the same goes for those in drug rehab programmes.

Guest Nelson

More and more companies are insisting on urine testing for drugs before an offer of employment and then reserve the right to test randomly on the job...

Guest jane

i think you have the wrong impression my husband is not some raving drug user, it is now and again! what i want to know is will it show up on the meds,it must be nice being such good girls xxx

Jane,

They don't test for drugs at the medical, so you'll be ok., but even as someone who uses it the odd time - if he got a job that did routine testing it stays in the urine for several weeks - just trying to alert you and not to pass judgement.

Ali

Guest jane
Jane,

They don't test for drugs at the medical, so you'll be ok., but even as someone who uses it the odd time - if he got a job that did routine testing it stays in the urine for several weeks - just trying to alert you and not to pass judgement.

Ali

Ali

sorry i am a bit stressed at the moment ,but thanks for that.

jane x:arghh:

Guest fatpom
well i personally wudnt mind being randomly tested for drugs coz i AM a good girl - its only people with something to hide that will moan!!!!

So at what point will you object to an invasion of your private life by your employers?

Guest fatpom
if i drove a train or a bus or was a teacher then it would well be with in their rights to do drugs tests - if u dont do drugs then its not a problem is it

also from posts i have seen on here there seems to be a drugs problem in australia so if this is one way of tackling it i am all for it - i really dont mind - if its in my conract of employment and i signed it then its my choice isnt it?????

Yes, certain jobs do require drugs testing unfortunately? I wouldn't say teaching is one but probably bus drivers, pilots etc.

The issue for me is the growing trend to test simply for the sake of it... my OH can be randomly tested... perhaps accounting is more dangerous than I thought?

I've never done illegal drugs, a bit of alcohol on some weekends these days but I do find it objectionable that my employer claims the unilateral right to test me. What's happening is that employers suddenly decide they'll do it... & if you refuse you're gone. The problem is that if you do refuse everyone assumes it's not on a point of principal but because you're trying to hide drugs use.

Guest fatpom
Is it not written in the contract that you sign at the commencement of employment that you will be subject to routine drug testing??? If not it should be and then it will clear up any doubts that people have about employers just being able to do it

Yep it seems more & more that testing is written into a contract but often they're not averse to simply imposing it. My point is, its an invasion of privacy & not relevant if not drug influenced during work hours.

I've had people working for me who had an obvious drug problem which affected their work performance. It's easy to identify & relatively easy to get rid of them. No doubt others were occasional users who managed to perform their duties well so what business is it of employers... its a police matter if anything?

Ohh! It just gets my goat this one :)

Gotta agree ladys ,wouldnt paticually want a druggie teaching my kids or driving them to school ,but what Fatpom was trying to say (i think) is that ,,yes cannabis stays in your system for a long time ,months ,but how far should boses pry into private life ?,(scenario) :: you go to a party on a sunday night as you have next week off and someone is smokin dope ,they pass it around and you have a few puffs ,,the affect may last a few hours tops ,but 3 week later if tested at work it would still show in your system,,if it isnt affecting your ability which it wouldnt if it was a one off or just a few puffs then there shouldnt be a problem,although i doubt a boss would see it that way ,maybe a test should be designed that shows how much and how active a drug is in your system is .Whilst on the topic how do these tests deter from readings of prescribed drugs or flu type remedies ?

Cal x

Guest fatpom
Whilst on the topic how do these tests deter from readings of prescribed drugs or flu type remedies ?

Cal x

Yeah I knew a guy who worked at the gold mine. If he took flu medication so many hours prior to start of work he had to ring his boss for permission to go to work. He would then have to present himself at the gatehouse to be processed.

Guest Abi&Dan

Irregular users of pot wont have it in their system for more than a few hours.

It does stay in the system of regular and heavy users for a very long time.

http://www.canedintotnes.co.uk/drhemp/past1.htm - and that infor isn't just on that slightly dodgy looking (!) website - I have seen it several times before.

Cheers x

Archived