Occupations requiring recent work experience

George Lombard

Guest sylcaddies

Could anyone give me some advice, please. Our situation is this - we are here on a 457 visa through my job as a nurse. However, because I am only recently qualified we would need to wait another 15 months to gain ENS through my job (I am 46, so 175 a no go). However, my husbands company have said that they are willing to sponsor him for ENS 856. He is a time served vehicle painter with 30 years experience, all his trade papers and qualifications from UK, and he ran his own business for six years before we came here. I am confused over the Job Ready programme tho because he would need to apply for the 856 under the heading of

you have a satisfactory skills assessment from an Australian assessing authority which is relevant to your nominated occupation and you have at least three years of postqualification work experience in your nominated occupation.

But having looked at the Job Ready programme it seems more aimed at students and he is not and has never studied here but is currently working for an employer. Does anyone know how he stands in relation to this Job Ready programme? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sylvia

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Woodmill

Hi everyone.

I've not been on here for a good long time but I am wondering what route(s) anyone has gone down with a view to complaining and if you have gotten far? I've emailed TRA with some concernes about the new job ready guff that they've announced however, I have not had a response. I am not surprised by this but, like everyone else I want answers to know if we should stay or cut our losses and leave.

I will sign the petition mentioned in another thread but as has been mentioned I don't think that will get us far.

Just wondered how everyone was doing? I've been on the BE thread and have been following that.

Thanks.

Could anyone give me some advice, please. Our situation is this - we are here on a 457 visa through my job as a nurse. However, because I am only recently qualified we would need to wait another 15 months to gain ENS through my job (I am 46, so 175 a no go). However, my husbands company have said that they are willing to sponsor him for ENS 856. He is a time served vehicle painter with 30 years experience, all his trade papers and qualifications from UK, and he ran his own business for six years before we came here. I am confused over the Job Ready programme tho because he would need to apply for the 856 under the heading of

you have a satisfactory skills assessment from an Australian assessing authority which is relevant to your nominated occupation and you have at least three years of postqualification work experience in your nominated occupation.

But having looked at the Job Ready programme it seems more aimed at students and he is not and has never studied here but is currently working for an employer. Does anyone know how he stands in relation to this Job Ready programme? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sylvia

Sylvia,

You are not alone in your confusion.

Questions are being asked of TRA by - I believe - the MIA (the professional body that represents migration agents) on this very subject, as it is understood that the Job Ready Test is intended to be targeted at onshore students who are seeking permanent residency under the onshore skilled categories, and not those who are applying for permanent residency under the onshore ENS.

I believe you should be able to obtain a skills assessment from TRA under their offshore pathway via their UAC: Offshore Assessment - Overview

That done, an application for permanent residency ought to be possible under subclass 856 with the support of your husband's employer.

For more certainty though I think it probable you are going to have to instruct a competent advisor, or seek confirmation - ideally in writing - from TRA.

Best regards.

Guest bluesgirl

Hi all,

On the job ready test, i had been my to migration agent here in melbourne today and he asked me to wait a few weeks as they have sent out a letter to the minister on the various issues , one being my situation in which quite a few were..so i have my fingers crossed. they are expecting a response in a few weeks. let's hope something happens.

good luck

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all,

On the job ready test, i had been my to migration agent here in melbourne today and he asked me to wait a few weeks as they have sent out a letter to the minister on the various issues , one being my situation in which quite a few were..so i have my fingers crossed. they are expecting a response in a few weeks. let's hope something happens.

good luck

Hi Bluesgirl

I've been told via the BE thread and on here that quite a few people are discovering practical flaws in the way that the JobReady Test works. One of the biggest seems to be that someone at TRA told someone on BE that TRA will not have enough people to go and do the workplace inspections for another couple of years.

If the TRA guy is right, it is MONSTROUS that the Immigration Minister could have been so headstrong and so incompetent as to let this JobReady thing become a part of the onshore Immigration process before Julia Gillard and her own Department - the DEEWR, which controls the different migration skills assessment authorities (DIAC does not do that bit) were properly ready to do the DEEWR's end of the job.

Has your agent understood DEEWR's role vis a vis TRA properly? If so, has the agent complained to Ms Gillard as well?

Has anybody thought to get Peter Mares involved in this latest amateurish muddle by DIAC and the Minister for Immi between them? Peter Mares is the guy below:

The National Interest - About

The National Interest - Programs by Date - 2009

Migration applicants stuck in two-year limbo - The National Interest - 30 October 2009

Immigration Minister responds to backlog concerns - The National Interest - 13 November 2009

In the second interview above, Peter Mares is the only person in Oz to have taken an interest in the predicament of migrants to Oz and he is the only person to have nailed Senator Evans' feet to the floor on the subject.

It sounds to me as if Mr Mares should now tackle the Minister for Immi, Ms Gillard from the DEEWR and someone senior from TRA so that the three of them can explain their current, amateurish nonsense with the migration JobReady thing to the Australian Voters on national radio.

Cheers

Gill

Guest bluesgirl

Hi Golly,

I really don't know if my agent's association took all those details of who's responsible for what ..but I did take a glance at the letter and was about 4-5 pages. heh...

I will be seeing him soon so will find out and hopefully we will get a sense of outcome by then.

Thanks..!

Guest Gollywobbler
I have sent Peter Mears an email. Who is Ms Gillard though? I'm on a mission tonight.

Hi Woodmill

Senator Julia Gillard is a Government Minister. She looks after the DEEWR. The DEEWR looks after TRA and migration skills assessments. She is also the Deputy Prime Minister of Oz.

Trades Recognition Australia - Home

The TRA microsite is on the main DEEWR website.

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Hit Skills in the main menu on the right. Then the page at the top fpr DWWER's Depts/websites. Then

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Pages/DepartmentSites.aspx

TRA is under skills. His that and you can find the Immigration Stuff that TRA do.

DEWR hide it well because they want to hide their own role in Evans' DIAC blunders, I suspect.

Senator Chris Evans is also a Govt Minister. He is in charge of DIAC - Dept of Immigration & Citizenship.

He always sidles out of responsibility for TRA's blunders because TRA has nothing to do with DIAC. He doesn't say, "Blame Julia Gillard for TRA," because Evans & Gillard p*** in the same Government pot under Krudd. I say it though and Peter Mares knows who is who and what they all do on Krudd's behalf.

Cheers

Gill

Guest proud2beaussie

Julia Gillard is the Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations,she is also Deputy Prime Minister,she sits in the House of Representatives and her contact details are

Julia.Gillard.MP@aph.gov.au

Parliament House Contact

PO Box 6022

House of Representatives

Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

Tel: (02) 6277 7320

Fax: (02) 6273 4115

Electorate Office Contact

Werribee Office:

Shop 2, 36 Synnot Street

Werribee Vic 3030

Postal Address:

PO Locked Bag 14

Werribee Vic 3030

Tel: (03) 9742 5800

Fax: (03) 9741 6213

A full contact list for all members and senators is available at

http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/index.htm and

http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/senators/contacts/los.htm

Guest jessijessi

Dear George,

Would you please advise does Electronic Engineer require the recent 12months work expreience????

I was an eletronice engineer 2 years agon! But now my work is not in this field!!

I need a confirmation!

Looking forwards to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Jessi

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear All

I am a 175 Applicant from HR country and I have lodged my 175 Application during Nov-09.

I have 15 years of experience and naturally my designation for the past 4 years is Manufacturing Manager (My duties are same as that of a Mechanical Engineer like Plans,Excecutes etc etc but at a higher level)

My nominated occupation is Mechanical Engineer 2126-11 and been sucessful in Skill assessmsnt by EA.

Parellelly I applied for SA Skill Sponsorship to speed up the process.

Now SA has rejected my sponsorship application stating that the applicant has not demonstrated in CV that he has worked in the nominated occupation for the last one year of the past 4 years.

My fear is whether DIAC too will apply the same yardstick for 175 Visa?

My knowoledge is work experience in any of the occupations in the SOL.

Also for specific work experience-work experience in nominated or closely related occupation.

Can anyone clarify?

Guest jessijessi
Dear All

I am a 175 Applicant from HR country and I have lodged my 175 Application during Nov-09.

I have 15 years of experience and naturally my designation for the past 4 years is Manufacturing Manager (My duties are same as that of a Mechanical Engineer like Plans,Excecutes etc etc but at a higher level)

My nominated occupation is Mechanical Engineer 2126-11 and been sucessful in Skill assessmsnt by EA.

Parellelly I applied for SA Skill Sponsorship to speed up the process.

Now SA has rejected my sponsorship application stating that the applicant has not demonstrated in CV that he has worked in the nominated occupation for the last one year of the past 4 years.

My fear is whether DIAC too will apply the same yardstick for 175 Visa?

My knowoledge is work experience in any of the occupations in the SOL.

Also for specific work experience-work experience in nominated or closely related occupation.

Can anyone clarify?

Hi, as i know, it is no problem for applying 175 visa before 1st Jan. 2010 at least.

you lodged the data last year right?

Then, it is still feasible the moment you applied.

But afterward i am not sure.

Does engineer filed occupation require the relevant working experience in the last 12months?

As my understanding, and the informations from DIAC, any occupations in SOL works.

only those specified by the minister require the same work experience as their nominated occupation.

And what are they?

It seems only the trades field. as this thread talking about......

But i need an confirmation.....

Good Luck....

Jessi

Hi everybody, thank you for sharing all this precious information. I've been looking for a group on fb too but nothing on at the moment.I reckon it's the best way to reach people at the moment. Is anyone organizing an informative session or a meeting? I've tried to spread the word for the online petition, but it is still very flat. I don't believe ther are just 290 people that have been affected by these changes, but up to now only 292 people have signed the online petition. Please let me know what we can do to have our voice heard!

Hi everybody, thank you for sharing all this precious information. I've been looking for a group on fb too but nothing on at the moment.I reckon it's the best way to reach people at the moment. Is anyone organizing an informative session or a meeting? I've tried to spread the word for the online petition, but it is still very flat. I don't believe ther are just 290 people that have been affected by these changes, but up to now only 292 people have signed the online petition. Please let me know what we can do to have our voice heard!

Hi, there is a link on here to the facebook page, crap at posting links sorry, (Department of Immigration in Australia Sucks) as well as the various people you could send a complaint to, I spent a day sending emails, where is the on line petion? Didnt know about that one! I agree with you it, it all seems pretty flat,butI reckon when the new term starts, a lot more students will be informed off this, I found out by accident,:arghh:

I am seriously considering contacting someone in the British press about this, there are so many programmes on at the moment about emigrating to Oz, but they never seem to highlight just how hard, and expensive! it is if you decide to come via the student route. For many off us, the last and only way we can come here. A decision not to be seen as *The easy way in* So if anyone knows a contact in the British Press will be grateful, if not I am just going to contact them all!!

Elib just go back on the thread for the contact details of Chris Evans, Ms Gillard, Peter Mares and Mr Daugh, save yourself time and write one amazing email and forward it to all off them, I only clicked halfway through the day i should have done that! At least you feel as though your doing something, When you get back to school, highlight it there too, Good luck and hopefully see you on Facebook,

Best Regards

Michele

Hi, there is a link on here to the facebook page, crap at posting links sorry, (Department of Immigration in Australia Sucks) as well as the various people you could send a complaint to, I spent a day sending emails, where is the on line petion? Didnt know about that one! I agree with you it, it all seems pretty flat,butI reckon when the new term starts, a lot more students will be informed off this, I found out by accident,:arghh:

I am seriously considering contacting someone in the British press about this, there are so many programmes on at the moment about emigrating to Oz, but they never seem to highlight just how hard, and expensive! it is if you decide to come via the student route. For many off us, the last and only way we can come here. A decision not to be seen as *The easy way in* So if anyone knows a contact in the British Press will be grateful, if not I am just going to contact them all!!

Elib just go back on the thread for the contact details of Chris Evans, Ms Gillard, Peter Mares and Mr Daugh, save yourself time and write one amazing email and forward it to all off them, I only clicked halfway through the day i should have done that! At least you feel as though your doing something, When you get back to school, highlight it there too, Good luck and hopefully see you on Facebook,

Best Regards

Michele

Hey Michelle. Thanks for the heads up. the website for petition is

migration_changes_2010 - Petition Spot

spread the voice!

i've also sent a mail to evans and gilliard copying the petition, fingers crossed.. this new law is like a kick in the face. :no:

Hey Michelle. Thanks for the heads up. the website for petition is

migration_changes_2010 - Petition Spot

spread the voice!

i've also sent a mail to evans and gilliard copying the petition, fingers crossed.. this new law is like a kick in the face. :no:

Nice one, just signed it! I know what you mean about the kick in the face, I still feel sick, but if all we can do is make a noise, I am gonna be loud!!!:realmad:

Hi,

We got a reply from him as well when he did the original program about students on bridging visa A being in limbo, and quoted our family members case on the web site. Even if it achieves nothing at least you feel he is on your side. Would love to report some progress, but no luck finding a real job yet!!!! and as stated on the program, grateful to be working, but doing a job over qualified for, and stopping some one else less qualified from getting a job. Good luck, hope something changes for every one.

Archived