Ditching my job whilst awaiting my visa?

Guest isr999

Morning all, I have completed both stages of vettassess and have submitted my 176 last week. My question now is we are planing a year out ( 6mths europe and 6 mths Oz ) how will the changes effect me ?? if at all.

Thanks

isr999

Guest Gollywobbler

Bumping this query back to the top of the list since it was buried in another thread when it was posted initially yesterday.

Cheers

Gill

Guest floater

Hi isr999.

Mmm big question. I believe you are a sparky? Not on the CSL? Can you accurately predict how long it will take to get a visa? I dont think the released changes affect you, but as to unannounced changes your guess is as good as anybodys. If you feel happy that if you take a year out and don't get a visa by the end of it you can find work again then why not? I only offer you caution because I sold my house back in Nov 08 olny to get burnt by the Dec 08 changes. Luckily I got out of the sale but still it cost me.

I'd love to ditch my job but my wife would kill me!

On the possitive side, one of my brother-in-laws did exaclty what you propose and loved it.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Morning all, I have completed both stages of vettassess and have submitted my 176 last week. My question now is we are planing a year out ( 6mths europe and 6 mths Oz ) how will the changes effect me ?? if at all.

Thanks

isr999

I don't see how the changes that have been discussed in the last few days would effect you at all as you have already lodged the 176. Now you just need to sit back and wait.

The only thing I would say to you, is that if you are non CSL then you are likely to be waiting a lot more than a year. So if the plan was to have the year out and then head straight to Australia, the timings might not work.

I don't see how the changes that have been discussed in the last few days would effect you at all as you have already lodged the 176. Now you just need to sit back and wait.

The only thing I would say to you, is that if you are non CSL then you are likely to be waiting a lot more than a year. So if the plan was to have the year out and then head straight to Australia, the timings might not work.

Hi what if one wanted to change job all together after 176 has been lodged, im a carpenter and may change while the construction is on its ass

Hi what if one wanted to change job all together after 176 has been lodged, im a carpenter and may change while the construction is on its ass

Once you have lodged you can do what you like. They will base your application on the information at the time of application.

Archived