We are homeless - and couldn't be happier!!!

BuddysMum

We have had a frantic few weeks, trying to sell/give away all our furniture and much of our other "junk". Finally we are nearly finished.

The shippers came yesterday and packed up all the stuff we wanted shipped (well most of it, and some stuff we didn't want to take, but that was our fault for putting boxes in the wrong places!). Today we completed on the sale of our house and spent all morning cleaning so that it would look nice for the new family.

Ben and OH came to the Travelodge on Wednesday night but I stayed on the sofa at home because I was having a bit of a meltdown and needed to work half the night; sorting and organising. Last night we collected Buddy (the dog) from our sitter for the last time - that was VERY emotional. We are going to miss her so very much, and she will miss Buddy. Then all four of us spent our first night ever together in the Travelodge. Bud shared our bed; taking up much more than his fair share, and only woke to lick Steve's face once and to bark at something at 6.30.

Then we woke to deep snow and had to drive to our house to meet the Petair vet for Buddy's final health check, then despatched him and Ben to the in-laws for the morning.

So, so, so tired and sore. Waiting for more snow tonight and the promise of a horrid drive to get Steve to work in Newbury tomorrow morning.

I finished work last week. They were so very nice about my very short time there, but I really enjoyed the job and I think they liked me. We have our Christmas "do" on Monday.

We are nearl there!!!

I heard a runour about Christmas coming soon,but have done nothing about it.

Wicked we fly 31st and arrive in Brisbane 2nd Jan, are you excited? Have you got rental/holiday accomadation ready?

Wow! So are you in the air for New Year?

Our cousins have (brilliantly) found us a short-term, very basic rental which we can have for anytime from a week to 3 months so we will have plenty of time to look araond for a longer-term rental with no penalties for breaking the lease. Don't care what it's like really. Just want to be under our own roof from the start.

Guest annemarie and brian

nearly there i bet it feels brillant and i hope you have a safe journey to your new life enjoy!

annemarie x

Guest juliemtaylor

wow all systems go. Glad you managed to complete today, we are still waiting to exchange as we have been held up by all of you lot completing today!!! Hopefully we shall be on our way in Feb too..

Good Luck for your journey and keep us posted.

Julie x

Hi guys

Good luck on the next chapter of your lives. We are aiming to go next year around this time. Can I ask when did you book your flights and did you pay a premium because its Christmas time?

JOHN

We booked at the end of August and because we wanted to go at around that time we didn't really compare withother times of year, although the days we ended up with were a bit cheaper than some other days around then if you see what I mean. And having only 2 hours stopover in Singapore made it slightly cheaper than a later flight out of there.

All the best for your plans.

Archived