Anyone from Merseyside

Guest Ange

Guest sharrondodd

hi also new to this site I'm from Birkenhead just been givin quote from agency to start our visa's but won't complete till march 2010, bummer!!!!

how u gettin on?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sharrondodd

hi we want to move to Pakenham whereabouts did you move to? we've looked at upper Pakenham but it looks a bit out in the sticks, is it do you know? What about schools there, any information greatly recieved. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am from St Helens, originally Old Swan, Liverpool. Had to join this thread it is amazing to see how many people just from the Merseyside area are off to Oz!! How Fab!

We are hoping to move to Brisbane, just starting the visa applications, there is just so much information to take in!!

POI is amazing though for info and assistance, so many nice people on here!!...down side is....it becomes addictive!! i am meant to be catching up with work ready for Tuesday!! ....Never Mind!!LOL!!

Would love to hear from anyone heading Brisbane bound!! or already there....tell me about that sunshine!! i can't remember the last time i seen some!!:wacko:

Guest sharrondodd

hi just been reading messages what agent did u use we r trying t find one, did u use one that did everything 4 u. sorry to ask but how much did they cost. any help want to apply 4 visa's but not sure want to do it ourselves. thanks

Guest sexkit001
hi just been reading messages what agent did u use we r trying t find one, did u use one that did everything 4 u. sorry to ask but how much did they cost. any help want to apply 4 visa's but not sure want to do it ourselves. thanks

Hi we used Go Matilida they have been great, we are using them for the whole process as we are against time but you can use for just certain sections if you like, if you want more info PM me... K xxx

Hi Sharon

We are also on Merseyside, live in Aintree, by the racecourse.

We are using Visa-Go for our visa application, they have an office in Liverpool City Centre and its ideal if you need to pop any paperwork etc into the office, their main office is in Edinburgh, but you can always speak to the boss when you phone, they have been great so far. My OH is in IT and we could not have got through his ACS RPL application with them.

Just to give you an idea of the costings, everything including visa, medicals, police checks, etc and the agents fees, we are looking at about £4000.

If you want any more info, PM me and we can chat more.

Good luck with your application.

Debbie

xxx

Guest sharrondodd

hi thanks 4 replying to my message. we have had our first conversation with go matilda now, you said ur against time are they good for getting visa's quicker because we were originally told it would take 14-18mths. we don't want to wait that long. We haven't been given a quote yet, but we want full package thought it would go faster for us. is it expensive we were given quote of £1700 off another agency. any info greatly received.

Hi Guys

Julie, Gary and Keira (1) here from Walton

Heading to Brisbane as soon as we get the golden ticket.

application sent for 175 aug 08 so fingers crossed not long now.

Nice to see there are more scoucers on here in the same boat, maybe we could arrange a meet up or somthing.

:chatterbox: see ya soon

Hi Guys

Julie, Gary and Keira (1) here from Walton

Heading to Brisbane as soon as we get the golden ticket.

application sent for 175 aug 08 so fingers crossed not long now.

Nice to see there are more scoucers on here in the same boat, maybe we could arrange a meet up or somthing.

:chatterbox: see ya soon

Hi Julie & Gary

Yes there are quite a few of us on here, a meet would be good some time.

Whereabouts in Walton do you live, I used to live in Stalmine Road, many moons ago, lol.

What line of work are you and hubby in, my OH is in IT and im a school secretary.

Keep in touch and good luck with your application.

Debbie

xxx

Hi we are from Ormskirk. Strange to think about moving so far to potentially end up meeting with people so close to home!!! Obviously alot are thinking of doing it.

As a pharmacy technician do you have to do exams or just have skills assess.? Im a physio so need to do exams before i can apply for visa so could be long wait.......Hubby plant operator in construction industry

Guest ozzieandlea

Hi all

we`re from Melling (waddicar lane). going to perth in april for a few weeks to scope it out. Hoping to return there for good at end of this year.Good luck to everyone in making it down under.

Ozzie and Lea

Hi Julie & Gary

Yes there are quite a few of us on here, a meet would be good some time.

Whereabouts in Walton do you live, I used to live in Stalmine Road, many moons ago, lol.

What line of work are you and hubby in, my OH is in IT and im a school secretary.

Keep in touch and good luck with your application.

Debbie

xxx

Hi Debbie

I live off walton vale the L9 area.

Im an accounts clerk and oh is a plant fitter.

So were about in OZ you looking to settle down, we are set on brisbane as heard it was more family oriantated.

Hi Jondi

I live in Burscough and am planning on moving to mornington peninsula area (Melbourne) later this year. I'm a midwife & hoping to get a 457 visa and OH is tagging along on that. Where about are you planning to go?

Carol

We are up for meeting, We live in Ormskirk . Do you mean with or without children?? How far are you on with the process?

Diane 38, John36, Will 10 , Megan 9, Thomas 6, Jack 6

Guest sexkit001

Hi... we are only at the start (not even looked at TRA)...

as for the meet if everyone is up for it will ask everyones feelings, but bringing kids together for the first time might be nice for them to make friends and make them feel like they are adding to the process (just my views)...

It seems at the mo there is a clear split on where us Merseysiders are from ie. your end Ormskirk down to Walton with Aintree in the middle. I am in Huyton so can get to anywhere really...

Throw this open to everyone else now.. xxxx

Guest sexkit001

Meet up views / ideas.....

Fancy meeting up ?

How many of you will there be ?

Any kids (plus age) ?

Saturday / Sunday ?

Any travel restrictions (i.e. no car) ?

Venues ?

Hi... we are only at the start (not even looked at TRA)...

as for the meet if everyone is up for it will ask everyones feelings, but bringing kids together for the first time might be nice for them to make friends and make them feel like they are adding to the process (just my views)...

It seems at the mo there is a clear split on where us Merseysiders are from ie. your end Ormskirk down to Walton with Aintree in the middle. I am in Huyton so can get to anywhere really...

Throw this open to everyone else now.. xxxx

Yer there is a clear split.

I agree with bringing the kids.

Maybe liverpool town center is looking like the best bet as its easley acessible for all those none drivers with direct train routs from all over

Guest sexkit001

Fancy meeting up ? yes please

How many of you will there be ? 3

Any kids (plus age) ? 2 - aged 9 and 2

Saturday / Sunday ? either

Any travel restrictions (i.e. no car) ? as long as I have petrol none...

Venues ? I can always try for the TA but not really great for kids if they come along...

Fancy meeting up ? yes please also

How many of you will there be ? 5

Any kids (plus age) ? 3 - all of them 13 - yes they are triplets, lol

Saturday / Sunday ? either

Any travel restrictions (i.e. no car) ? none

Venues? I live in Aintree, if we are in the middle, the Rocking Horse by Aintree Racecourse any good for people to get to or we will go wherever everyone prefers

Looking forward to meeting others who are heading down under.

Debbie

xxx

We can meet at weekend sat or sun. 4 children ages 10, 9 and twins 6 We need somewhere child orientated but easy to sit and chat while they play?? Where is TA? sorry! Have a car. Where ae you all heading in oz?

John and Diane

Guest sexkit001
We can meet at weekend sat or sun. 4 children ages 10, 9 and twins 6 We need somewhere child orientated but easy to sit and chat while they play?? Where is TA? sorry! Have a car. Where ae you all heading in oz?

John and Diane

Hi, Sorry I meant the TA Centre but not best if we bringing the kids... Like Debbie said the Rocking Horse is good as long as peeps can get to it as it has a wacky warehouse, just trying to think of other places... we are off to Perth..

I can always try and book Riversdale through work it is ideal but just its location (Aigburth/Mather ave way)... It is great for sitting down and meeting as it is a function room (with bar) and has a massive field for the kids to have a kick about plus a little park for the smaller ones (if we get the weather right)...

Archived