Anyone from Merseyside

Guest Ange

Guest Ange

Hi all,

quite new to the site joined sometime last week. Is there anyone using this from Merseyside? It would be great to chat to some locals, not that there is anything wrong with the rest of you! lol

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Banoff

Hi from Merseyside originaly but now living in Widnes Cheshire. Sent visa app off in March, hoping to go to Perth next year.

Jan :D

Guest Ange

Hi Jan,

where about in Perth are you going to? We are thinking of Mandurah, Rockingham or Joondalup. Haven't quite decided yet still might end up going to Melbourne "not sure about the weather". The houses seem a bit more exspensive in Perth, does that reflect the wages?

Guest Banoff

Hi Ange

OH went in Feb to have a look around, he said property is very expensive in some areas so that will affect where we decide to settle.

Hard to say about wages as he works for himself here and earns a good wage, hopefully do the same there.

How far along with your application are you?

Jan

Guest Ange
Hi from Merseyside originaly but now living in Widnes Cheshire. Sent visa app off in March, hoping to go to Perth next year.

Forgot to say i'm from Prescot Merseyside not far from Whiston hospital.

Guest Ange

Only started the process last week "very excited" still coming to terms with the fact that I have actually done something about it we have thought about it for long enough! We have never been to oz before so are going in blind, will miss everyone loads but i'm sure we will make lots of new friends!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lindt

Hi there Ange

Just let u know your not on your own, we r the Taylor family who also live in Prescot, we r just waiting to sell the house, everything else gone through, just spent 3 weeks in melbourne in April coz r Visas dates were 7th June - that meant we had to activate r visa b4 or on that date.

Anyway would love to chat to u and give u any info you may need, have u gone through an agent, if u would like one I would strongly recommend the one we used.

Waiting to hear from u

Regards

Linda

Guest Curlysoo

Hi to fellow Merseysiders! ..:spinny: I am from the Wirral but moved down here to Essex nearly 2 years ago but still come back regulary, next weekend in fact!

My OH is an ozzie, from Sydney, and we are moving back over there next year. I went over last year for 4 weeks and loved it. Can I just say all this talk I had heard about the ozzies NOT liking us Brits was a load of rubbish! All the people I met were lovely friendly ones ..I think being a scouser helped coz we are naturally chatty friendly people! I remember we went to Lake Bareen (sorry if spelling is wrong) which is up in the mountains outside Cairns not near any big cities, and at a lakeside tearooms, which looked like something out of the twenties, we met a family from Crosby!

John my OH reckons that us scousers are EVERYWHERE! .. he just complains when we get together we talk so fast he cant understand us! One day at the Stanley Dock Market in Liverpool he stood there with a look of total confusion on his poor likkle face ..CONVINCED the Stall holder who was speaking to him must be russian coz he couldnt understand a word .... LOL!...he was just a scouser!

Sue ...XXX :jimlad:

Guest Lindt
Hi to fellow Merseysiders! ..:spinny: I am from the Wirral but moved down here to Essex nearly 2 years ago but still come back regulary, next weekend in fact!

My OH is an ozzie, from Sydney, and we are moving back over there next year. I went over last year for 4 weeks and loved it. Can I just say all this talk I had heard about the ozzies NOT liking us Brits was a load of rubbish! All the people I met were lovely friendly ones ..I think being a scouser helped coz we are naturally chatty friendly people! I remember we went to Lake Bareen (sorry if spelling is wrong) which is up in the mountains outside Cairns not near any big cities, and at a lakeside tearooms, which looked like something out of the twenties, we met a family from Crosby!

John my OH reckons that us scousers are EVERYWHERE! .. he just complains when we get together we talk so fast he cant understand us! One day at the Stanley Dock Market in Liverpool he stood there with a look of total confusion on his poor likkle face ..CONVINCED the Stall holder who was speaking to him must be russian coz he couldnt understand a word .... LOL!...he was just a scouser!

Sue ...XXX :jimlad:

I totally agree with you u Curlysoo, recently returned from Oz last month, and we found that all the ozzy people we met and spoke to were so helpful and kind, they couldn't do enough to help u, cant wait to get back over there. Feeling the strain coz house still hasnt sold, people keep sayin soon, any time now, well we're still waiting.

Linda

Guest pippycol

Hiya we are from Widnes, going to brisbane on the 8th aug with our two kids girl 16 boy 14.Would love to talk to locals, not on tooo much longer as we have to out of our house on the 18th of this month.

col and pip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lindt

Hi ange

Just read your post, would love to hear from u, also live in Prescot and just waiting to sell house, then off to Melbourne,

Please get in touch would love to have a chat

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neil smith

Hi there,we are also living in Widnes, originally from liverpool, lived in Staffordshire for 8 years then went travelling for 15 months, but back now and can't wait to move to Aus

Neil

Guest whitterz

Ayer

my husband and I are from Widnes, going to Townsville on 457 visa in December!!

Sarah xx

something tells me alls not good in widnes.....

jokin

we are from aintree

not using an agent dima took cash for visa on 4th june just waitin to geta case number to give to WA were going to perth clarkson would prefer mindarie tho

perth is great ange...

ANGE DONT FORGET TO GET VISA IN BEFORE SEPT AS THEY ARE MAKING CHANGES LOOK OK DIAM TO SEE IF IT WILL AFFECT YOU WHAT ARE UR TRADES

Guest Lindt

Hi there

Has anyone had a reply from Ange not heard from her for a while, is she on her hols? Get in touch when u can Ange, would love to hear from u

Linda

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jac yoos

HI Neil

we are from Widnes and been living on the sunshine coast for 1 year almost. Caloundra to be exact. If you need any info or help and you are arriving around the coast. drop us a line.

jackie paul Ellis and Olivia Hughes from cronton widnes

Guest jac yoos

Hi Lol

I am from Widnes (just down the road from liverpool. We live on the sunshine coast (Queensland) and its great. Where are you heading for in aus? If you need any info let me know. We have been here for a year now.

Jaci Hughes and family Paul , Ellis 10 and Olivia 6

Guest neil smith

Hi Jaci,

Thanks for the post , We live just off Ditchfield road, so are only about 5 minutes from CRONTON CHIPPY!! mmmm

We have only lived here for 2 years, I am originally from liverpool but had lived in the Midlands for 8 years,(met wife there) then went travelling for 15 months, came home got jobs with living accomadation so bought here to rent out, but ended up moving in ourselves as we had done it up too nice to let anyone come in and ruin it, got married last year, started the application the day we got back from honeymoon!!

When we were travelling we had an apartment in Noosa for 4 months so know your coast quite well, I think it's probably the nicest coast of Aus.

It would be our first choice to move to, but as we are still undecided of what we want to do career wise and stil being on the youngish side we want to head to Sydney probably Manly but the quieter part just enough away from the hustle and bustle.

But we do want to get settled and start having babies as soon as possible.

How has your first year out there been? What jobs do either of you have? and how do you find Coloundra? Have you bought a house or are you renting? I know the rental and buying prices are a lot more appealing on your coast than in Manly!! Have the kids settled in ok?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Guest jac yoos

Hi Neil and kate

Sounds like a great idea that you are going to Sydney. That is what Paul and I did when we were travelling around Aus years ago. The sunshine coast is a great life when you have kids but I dont think we would have appreciated it the same, pre children.

It is a funny thing that we actually have a property on Ditchfield Road that we have been renting out for three years. We lived up on Pex hill in Cronton before Aus and have been renting that house out for a year too. We have just put it up for sale now that we are sure that we will remain in Aus Indefinitely. Its such an easier way of life here and, as you know from travelling around, the people are so sunny natured and have the great laid back attitued that comes with living in the Sunshine most of the time. Paul my husband is a builder so he qualifiesin the Queensland way sometime this year hopefully. He has had to go back to school which he has enjoyed. He did loft conversions back in the UK so it is a bit different for him, being outdoors. He loves it. I am in the process of renovationg a building to open as a day spa,(very popular, here on the coast) in a place called Moffat beach, (dont know if you guys visited there on your travels but it is a heavenly place and from the spa we will have ocean views so not a bad place to work.... Our kids are having the time of their lives too. A lot more active (again down to the weather) and have settled into their school life with ease.

Best of luck to you in your new life and get in touch anytime.... Are you selling your house in Ditchfield Road or renting it out for a while first?

We are still renting here and we are ready to buy now and get properly settled. I dont know if you feel truly at home until you do have your own place..

all the best

Jaci and Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Guest afiyafifi
Hi all,

quite new to the site joined sometime last week. Is there anyone using this from Merseyside? It would be great to chat to some locals, not that there is anything wrong with the rest of you! lol

hi ang , were from the wirral ,hoping to b in oz next year . hopefully moving 2 townsville . it would b great to talk 2 someone else from merseyside thats movin over there. karen :v_SPIN:

Guest SunnyDawn71

Hi everyone,

I'm from Billinge, near Wigan. Me and my daughter hope to move to Brisbane/Gold Coast. Have heard its a great area for kids. Want better quality of life for her. Would love to hear from anyone who is living or going to live in these areas.

Lots of info about these places would be great as I'm new to this site.

Think its great to be able to speak to local people who have the same dream ofa new life in a beautiful country.

Look forward to speaking to you.

Dawn

xx:yes::smile::jiggy:

Guest pomster

Hi Dawn,

I live in Perth immigrated from London 12 years ago. I would love to tell you all about this place, good and bad.

Guest afiyafifi
hi karen,

we live in widnes, moving to townsville in december

Sarah xx

hi sarah , that brill news wish i was goin then . Please could you keep in touch when your over there and let me know whats its like , would be great to meet up once were over there will need some friends ............... take care karen xx

Guest whitterz

hiya karen,

will keep you posted, and yeah it would be great to meet up when you arrive, have you got a job to go to? are you going with your family?

Sarah xx

Archived