Motorbike licence - Vic

Guest Hearne_Family

Guest Hearne_Family

Hey guys and gals,

Im thinking of getting a motorbike to use for my commute to work, I never had a motorbike licence in the UK so I was wondering if anyone knew whats involved over here?

Terry

Guest siamsusie
Hey guys and gals,

Im thinking of getting a motorbike to use for my commute to work, I never had a motorbike licence in the UK so I was wondering if anyone knew whats involved over here?

Terry

Terry maybe have a look at this site

Motorcycle - probationary licence : VicRoads

Most of the states have different laws. Hope this is useful.. drive carefully:wubclub: Susie

Go for it mate!

I got my full ticket out here a few years back (in my mid forties)

Now riding a Suzuki sv650 sports, as much fun as you can have with your clothes on, Aus is made for biking!

Guest siamsusie
Go for it mate!

I got my full ticket out here a few years back (in my mid forties)

Now riding a Suzuki sv650 sports, as much fun as you can have with your clothes on, Aus is made for biking!

I agree Taff:biggrin: Love riding in Tasmania, up north WA a wee bit warm for leathers:wink: outside that is lol

Cant agree more with the previous comments.

Australia was made for riding motorbikes. (road & dirt :biggrin: )

If you are a newbie to riding, its not a bad idea to take an advance course once you get your license. HART rider training is a good one. The drivers over here can make it a very interesting experience out there on the road on a daily basis.

Go for it, you wont regret it (the wife might when you start going out for big weekend rides & weekends away exploring OZ)

Guest siamsusie
Cant agree more with the previous comments.

Australia was made for riding motorbikes. (road & dirt )

If you are a newbie to riding, its not a bad idea to take an advance course once you get your license. HART rider training is a good one. The drivers over here can make it a very interesting experience out there on the road on a daily basis.

Go for it, you wont regret it (the wife might when you start going out for big weekend rides & weekends away exploring OZ)

:yes: A sensible wife gets a licence as well:laugh: Susie x

Guest siamsusie
My wife wont even get on the back :mad:

bit of a bummer, cos she is missing soooo much IMO

Yes I agree but if she is scared then I guess thats fair enough, but it is difficult to explain the sheer thrill of a bike. Never mind maybe she is on the planet longer than us eh:wink: Best wishes Susie x

Yes I agree but if she is scared then I guess thats fair enough, but it is difficult to explain the sheer thrill of a bike. Never mind maybe she is on the planet longer than us eh:wink: Best wishes Susie x

I think its just that if anything happens to us both, what about the boys?

Also the one occasion she did jump on the back, we had ridden about 4k's and the back wheel locked up due to a rubber locking up in the rear brake. Nothing serious, as it was just a slowing down rather than an abrupt schreeching smoking stop, but since then she wont go near it.

a good excuse to drop the touring seat, and put the single seat on (looks a lot better anyway :biggrin: )

Guest siamsusie
I think its just that if anything happens to us both, what about the boys?

Excellent point! and sensible as well!:notworthy:

a good excuse to drop the touring seat, and put the single seat on (looks a lot better anyway )

How much better the pod looks on the back of the Laverda:wink:

Anyway happy and safe travels Furkew.... Susie xx

I had a bike in the UK and now own one in Canberra. There are some great roads in and around the Canberra area. I used to have an SV650 back in the UK and they are a great bike to have as a first bike. My wife and I used to go on the bike when we lived in the UK as it was our only mode of transport and we lived in London so i saw no point in having a car (plus it's cheaper). But now that we have a car and a bike she hasn't been on my bike here. She just saw the bike as a form of transport and not something to enjoy. I also have a seat cover on it and it looks good with it on, however I can always take it off if I was to take her or someone else on the back. My brother-in-law is coming down to Canberra for the Christmas period and I am sure he will want to have a ride on the back.

If anyone out there who happens to be in my area wants to go for a ride, or they want me to show them a few nice roads around here then just send me a PM and I will be more than happy to assist.

If anyone is interested I have some photos in my gallery of me and my big yellow VTR1000F Firestorm

Anyway, Ride hard, ride safe!

Archived