Aupair opportunity Perth

We are looking for an aupair, the ideal person would be over 21 with some experience of living away from home. Ideally we are looking for someone to stay six months but would consider a shorter period of time. You must be entitled to a Working Holiday Visa.

We have previously had an Aupair from www.perthdemipair.com and unless you are familiar with the pay, duties etc. of aupairs it would be a good idea to take a look at that site and other aupair sites so you know what you are getting into :laugh:

We are advertising here too so please take a look....

Au Pair job with Jules, family from Fremantle - 2km and Perth - 22km, Australia

Guest livejazz

Jules, we were thinking about getting an aupair or possibly a live in nanny. Do you know if live in nannies are that much more expensive than an aupair? I reckoned on 20K AUD per year for an aupair (assuming you get two as I believe they can only stay 6 months). 20K would include bills and food.

I would expect a live-in nanny to be way more expensive - we had a live-out nanny and paid $20 an hour. Typically an au-pair does 15 hours work in exchange for board and lodge and then is paid $10 an hour. So maybe $200-$220 a week for full time work plus board & lodge.

Extrapolating I would expect a live-in nanny to do maybe 7 hours work in exchange for board and lodge and then $20 an hour. So maybe $600 a week for full time work plus board & lodge. I don't know if it works like the UK though where you would have to do payroll/tax, pay pension (9% minimum) too.

I'm sure an agency could give you an accurate price though.

You have to consider what you want - on the whole au-pairs are very young and should not be left in sole charge of young children - they are a 'mother's help' but in that sense can be asked to do anything a 'mother' does - washing-up, washing & ironing, cleaning bathrooms etc. etc.

A nanny is there purely to care for children and many will not do any housework - ours was fab and washed-up, brought in washing and folded it but it is not part of their duties.

The difference between our nanny and our aupair was vast with the nanny providing a much better 'quality of care' in every respect. We are looking for an aupair basically to take our son to school and pick him up and the overall quality of life this allows provides a better balance than two much longer afternoons with a nanny (& we couldn't afford a live-in nanny)

I've not had any replies so thanks for bumping me back up!

Archived