New Member from sunny Hull (not!)

Guest mtowse

Hi, I am a new member and have really itchy feet now. Just passed the Vetasses assessment and are awaiting medical and police checks.

We are very excited, no doubt it will be very hard to leave friends and family and it will take some time to settle in.....any nice stories illustrating how easy this is would be useful.

We are going to Melbourne, keen to find out if we will be readily accepted.

I have lots and lots of questions, too many to list in one go.

If anyone can give any advice on arriving and settling it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

• 4 months later...
Guest stephanielouise981

Hi,

How strange.. Hi Mark!

To anyone else reading this... Mark is my husband and I didn't realise that he used this website.

Don't you think you should be working hon

Steph x

Guest bethandneil

:D hi there hully gullies,

we live just across the water in grimsby!! we too are awaiting our police and medicals, i think it will be a while yet though as our stuff has only just gone off to the tra.

Have you been to oz? Why Melbourne? we just dont really know where we want to go!

Beth.

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi Beth,

I've been to Australia twice, the first time in 2000 for 2 months and then again 6 weeks ago for a month. My hubby didn't go with me either time, but our little boy came with me this time... he was so good too.

We're going to Melbourne because my Mum lives there, but also because I love it so much. Melbourne (and Victoria) really does have everything... there are beaches, beautiful coastlines (the Great ocean rd is amazing), as well as skiing in winter. The shopping is fabulous and there is such a lovely chilled out atmosphere even in the city. There is nothing better than having breakfast on a sunday morning in the blue train cafe and then look around the market on the southbank... perfection. Also the botanic garden in so pretty, it is as green as anywhere in England and warm to boot.

Sorry, I went on a little there

Steph xxx

Guest bethandneil

oh no looks like we may have to add melbourne to our list of places we MAY live, Brisbane and Perth also on that list, our children will be 4 and 1/2 and 2 and 1/2 when we go, so plenty of time to live in different places before they need settling in school, i think if we are moving across to the other side of the world, trying different places in oz should be breeze!

Beth. :P:P:P

• 3 weeks later...

Wherever you go in Australia, you will find beautiful beaches, I live an hour and a half drive south of Sydney, but I've been to Brisbane and Perth several times.

Perth is a great clean city with wonderful beaches, but too far from any other city, it's closer to Singapore than it is to Sydney.

Brisbane gets too humid for me but is really nice, I wouldn't and couldn't afford to live in Sydney, away from the harbour and coastline it's crap & anyone who is thinking of going into the western or south western suburbs of Sydney, think again, too much gang violence these days.

Guest Missiemo

Hi Mark

We leave for Melbourne in three weeks, with three daughters, very excited, have never been, but have spoken to so many friendly people on this site and britvics site I am not worried about meeting new friends, when do you leave.

Good Luck

Missiemo

Archived